Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778
On 31 August 2016 at 02:24, goose2010 said:

I must have watched the directors cut as I don't think I even cracked a smile and I'm a big office fan. 

Ricky Gervis has turned into David Brent, he produced, wrote, directed and was in his own film. He did it to stroke his ego and that's it. 

This is how I felt about it too. That extended laugh he kept doing was beyond irritating (I know he's meant to be irritating but this was just too far, even for Brent). It was more than just the laugh though, eating a carrier bag was more enjoyable than this movie. The series ended perfectly after the Xmas special.

Just watched Polanski's Carnage (was on BBC1 a couple of weeks back, should still be on the iPlayer.

Loved every minute of it. It's about 80 mins long and set in one room with just 4 characters (Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz, Jodie Foster and John C Reilly); the plot is basically two couples who meet to discuss a fight between their sons which forms the basis for the rest of the film. The performances are all great especially as the cordial meet-up descends into literal carnage.

Brilliant film, watch it!

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

The Shallows- quite tense and if you don't like the story you can look at Blake Lively in her bikini, which is nice.

Woah freaky - I was just coming on here to say I'm in the middle of watching The Shallows aka the girl who is a dick to injured sea birds.

58 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeh the film gets a 7/10 instead of a 5 for the shot of her zipping up her drysuit and squeezing her mammaries together. Best bit of cinematography in the film, shame it came so early.

I know the feeling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeh the film gets a 7/10 instead of a 5 for the shot of her zipping up her drysuit and squeezing her mammaries together. Best bit of cinematography in the film, shame it came so early.

What about when she was paddling out on her surf board with her little round bottom sticking in the air?

On 22 August 2016 at 08:31, JimmyB said:

Watched David Brent: Life on the Road, on Saturday night. 4 big Office fans all in agreement that it was terrible. Massive disappointment. 

Agreed. Same old jokes with less subtlety and a plot/concept that just didn't add up. Was Merchant's job to remind Gervais that not every gag or narrative progression needs explicitly explaining?!

On 4 September 2016 at 19:57, seanfox778 said:

This is how I felt about it too. That extended laugh he kept doing was beyond irritating (I know he's meant to be irritating but this was just too far, even for Brent). It was more than just the laugh though, eating a carrier bag was more enjoyable than this movie. The series ended perfectly after the Xmas special.

This was the other thing that annoyed me. The drama/emotional parts of the storyline had already been done in the Xmas special. It really was a pointless($) film. 

If you've got primary school age kids, that Swallows and Amazons is good fun for them. The wife is dragging me along to see the new Bridget Jones film tomorrow- can't wait :rolleyes:

One day I'll go to the cinema and see something I want for a change :(

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bridget Jones was as crap and predictable as I imagined. But at least sitting through two hours of garbage pretending to look interested won me a few brownie points with the bread knife :thumbup:

Sounds like an abusive relationship pal, want the number of a charity that can help?

• Like 1