Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Deepwater Horizon with Mark Wahlberg was good today. True story, but no doubt a bit of Hollywood licence in there to embellish the drama. Good cast, great visual effects that didn't look CGI which was pretty impressive. What a bloody mess though. 200 million barrels of oil spilt and cost to BP of over $50billion so far. Interesting film and Wahlberg gets better with age I think. 7/10

On 07/10/2016 at 15:53, Beliall said:

Really want to see this

Watched this, not as good as the trailer suggested, asked more questions than it answered. But thats Scientology i guess

Also saw Star trek Beyond, rubbish trailer, but the film was enjoyable, a solid 7/10

Watched 15 mins of Popstar because it has Andy Samberg of Brooklyn 99 fame, utter rubbish, avoid.

Finally, I saw Free state of Jones. It was OK, well acted and told the story well, felt I learned something but it was generally a bit boring . 6/10

I saw Bridget Jones' Baby last week and thought it was great. Judge away.

Just watched Cast Away for the 20th time. Fantastic, Fantastic film. 

33 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Saw this yesterday, pretty naff in all honesty, kinda reminds me of his MJ one but at least we found out something a bit new out of that one. Might've thought differently if I didn't see going clear, but all in all pretty poor effort honestly. 

So it wasn't just me being thick and missing the point then? Good.

On 10/12/2016 at 02:24, urban.spaceman said:

Saw Swiss Army Man at the Phoenix tonight. Absolutely loved it. 9/10

Watched it this afternoon & really enjoyed it.  As much as I liked it, I couldn't recommend it to anyone.  I'm not sure it's everyones cup of tea.  The missus didn't get it.  She still cried at the end though.........but didn't know why?

Finally managed to watch Interstellar over the weekend - it took me two increments of about an hour and a half each.

Matthew-McConaughey-in-In-014.jpg?w=620&

However, it was quite worth the effort, as it is a very philosophical and demanding movie about family, love, willpower, survival instinct and time travel.

Obviously not made for a younger audience, you need some additional life experience to further grasp the concept.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Finally managed to watch Interstellar over the weekend - it took me two increments of about an hour and a half each.

Matthew-McConaughey-in-In-014.jpg?w=620&

However, it was quite worth the effort, as it is a very philosophical and demanding movie about family, love, willpower, survival instinct and time travel.

Obviously not made for a younger audience, you need some additional life experience to further grasp the concept.

Fantastic film.

• Like 1