Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Misheard lyrics

thanks trav lol

pie for maureen , round her shed , two espressos by her lawn shall sheep be dead .

i've really no idea what the real words to the song are :D

edit

i've listened to it 4 times now and i still can't work out they're actually singing because of the words planted in my head .

what hymn is it ?

• 1 month later...

There was a ****ign shit Keane song on the radio called "crystal ball" which had the imaginitive chorus of "oh crystal ball, oh crystall ball" I thought he was saying "oh Chris De Burgh."

I always wondered if they sang that!

My mate thought kasabian sing 'im on it get on it the chips are on fire' instead of troops

lol lol lol lol

"My lover's got no money, he's got his trampoline" was always a popular one at school. Gala - Freed from Desire :thumbup:

I always thought it was "Tromvelise"- which I believed was an instrument of some sort, like a guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guilty of perhaps the saddest mistake, when I was younger my sister loved Take That (first time round).. The song It only takes a minute girl I had completely fooled myself into thinking "It only takes some vinegar to fall in love".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of my mishearings, which I think might be better than the original lyrics...

Springsteen's "Badlands":

I heard "For the ones who have an ocean, an ocean deep inside, it ain't no sin to be glad you're wild"

(actually "For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside that it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive")

Given the intensity of the song, my version is an improvement, I reckon...

The Clash - "I fought the law":

I heard "Trash can rocks in the hot sun, I fought the law and the law won" (actually "breaking rocks in the hot sun")

This was back in the late 70s and I imagined some Starsky & Hutch scene of a shoot-out with the cops in a paper-strewn back alley cluttered with bins...always a handy prop when S&H were chasing a criminal down the back streets...

I can only really contribute with a Danish one from "Yellow" by Coldplay. The bit when they sing "Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones" absolutely 100% sounds as though they are singing "Jeg sked, åh ja jeg sked en bums" which roughly translates to "I shat, oh yeah I shat a pimple".

I suppose it's only really funny if you speak the language :)

Archived