Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

8 hours ago, everton carr said:

Agreed although we do need to show that we want to compete in the 4 day game.If they just want to save money and accept the wooden spoon every year then  they may as well become a Minor County.With the current squad not sure we will even win a game this season

Im still getting over Parky and Dearden getting another contract. Two really good players would change the side. An overseas bat andxsay Mark Footit on a punt would not cost a great deal. 

Also we now have Ackerman, Rhodes, Lilley ,Parkinson  and the new lad as spinners none of whom can usually even keep an end quiet! Why not get one good spinner? ( not seen the new lad play tbf)

Edited by Cake

13 hours ago, Cake said:

Im still getting over Parky and Dearden getting another contract. Two really good players would change the side. An overseas bat andxsay Mark Footit on a punt would not cost a great deal. 

Also we now have Ackerman, Rhodes, Lilley ,Parkinson  and the new lad as spinners none of whom can usually even keep an end quiet! Why not get one good spinner? ( not seen the new lad play tbf)

The one topic we haven't discussed which I hope the club are considering is the Loan Market.Most Div1 sides have maybe 20 players that would walk into our side and would benefit both parties I'm sure Surrey would sooner have players playing first team cricket then stuck in the 2nds all season

• Like 1

On 26/02/2020 at 08:42, everton carr said:

No overseas for first class just for the T20.Think it's more a case of lack of ambition then lack of money.Almost £2M loan from the council and 2 sell out convents at GR this year sure they could afford £70k for an OS player if they wanted one

May as well have a convent on the ground 🙃 sorry 🙈 

10 hours ago, Cake said:

Few players looking for counties Matt Coles, Olly Rayner and Karl Karver all improve county. Well IMO. 

Coles and Rayner in particular. Give them a play and pay contrat if they are worried. 

Rayner would be a good signing.Coles amazing cricketer but seems to cause trouble like Wayne White who knows maybe Nico could sort him out

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Rayner would be a good signing.Coles amazing cricketer but seems to cause trouble like Wayne White who knows maybe Nico could sort him out

Yep. Worth a look. Be coles last chance. Just not the type to give a 3 year contract to! Easily put in place a play and pay contract with a bonus system attached! Coles can bowl bat and field! Still fairly young. 

Edited by Cake

Coles has a reputation for partying with his mates in Kent and not looking after himself. He would have been ok in 1985, but cricketers are very professional these days - it causes resentment if someone is always late and out having a good time, if you are making sacrifices and working hard. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, which he'll probably get when he reaches 40!

8 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Coles has a reputation for partying with his mates in Kent and not looking after himself. He would have been ok in 1985, but cricketers are very professional these days - it causes resentment if someone is always late and out having a good time, if you are making sacrifices and working hard. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, which he'll probably get when he reaches 40!

Matt Coles is a good lad; but yeah.

Having said that, we have a few not in great shape and Coles would easily be our best front line bowler. Can be persuaded to 'get through the overs' too, and hardly a mug with the bat.

Would 100% end in tears though.

Been down to renew our memberships today....not expecting much this season,but £300 for the mrs and me and free for the kid's it's a good deal....even if the kid's will be on the playground all day!And to be fair it's a good day or days out in the sun(hopefully)

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Been down to renew our memberships today....not expecting much this season,but £300 for the mrs and me and free for the kid's it's a good deal....even if the kid's will be on the playground all day!And to be fair it's a good day or days out in the sun(hopefully)

Does that include the T20?

If you don’t mind me asking, as a family, and probably the target audience for the 100 what your opinion of the new competition is? 

2 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Agreed and at Kent and Hampshire it cost him. Still walks into our side on ability. Give him a challenge. 

Got to take a few punts otherwise we may not win a game with that squad. 

Fitness is important though i agree although surely cant be less fit than Cosgrove surely? Dearden is tubby also and rubbish! 

Blokes playing in the PDC darts that look fitter than Cossie. 

Edited by Cake

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Does that include the T20?

If you don’t mind me asking, as a family, and probably the target audience for the 100 what your opinion of the new competition is? 

Yes includes the T20...£149 each for the mrs and me and the kids go free.As for the 100,it's not for me.When you get Joe Root playing as an eastmidlander.:(And as i understand it all of the home game's for us :)Trent Rockets are at trent bridge.I probably wont get to many county championship days because of work,but it's nice to have the option if the suns out!

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cake said:

Agreed and at Kent and Hampshire it cost him. Still walks into our side on ability. Give him a challenge. 

Got to take a few punts otherwise we may not win a game with that squad. 

Fitness is important though i agree although surely cant be less fit than Cosgrove surely? Dearden is tubby also and rubbish! 

Blokes playing in the PDC darts that look fitter than Cossie. 

He's just spent two years at Essex before being released as well and only played about 20 games for them in 2 years. I know Essex have a strong attack, but he also went on loan to Northants last season and they didn't offer him anything. 

I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke, but it could actually be that he's well past his best already and his agent is no doubt asking a wage for a 29 year old senior pro, whereas we are looking at wages for 19 year olds. I would say his best bet is a white ball only contract.

24 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

He's just spent two years at Essex before being released as well and only played about 20 games for them in 2 years. I know Essex have a strong attack, but he also went on loan to Northants last season and they didn't offer him anything. 

I'm sure he's a nice enough bloke, but it could actually be that he's well past his best already and his agent is no doubt asking a wage for a 29 year old senior pro, whereas we are looking at wages for 19 year olds. I would say his best bet is a white ball only contract.

Agreed. Although sadly Northants are way out in front of us now also, (how did that happen) not sure he would get in their side. 

Like i say make him an offer. I dont think anyone else will want him. 

You are right though clearly an arse.

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Oh sorry my mistake should have looked at his bowling stats 

1 wicket at an average of 119 🙈

Dear oh dear. I mean only played twice you would have to ask why he has been released from Derby? Why has nobody picked him up since?

29 minutes ago, Cake said:

Dear oh dear. I mean only played twice you would have to ask why he has been released from Derby? Why has nobody picked him up since?

Fair point but for some reason Derby release most of there young players Will Davis Tom Taylor Ben Cotton and the most interesting one James Taylor brother of Tom Eng under 19 bowler who later got picked up by Surrey on a 3 year contract

16 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Still  only a kid though we have guys like Don Butchard still on the academy who's almost 22

Certainly worth a look agree. Didnt realise how young he was, anyone can have a few failures in just a few games. 

On reflection at that age thats have a look. Nothing to lose. 

Tom Taylor our big hope if he stays fit, huge future! If!!!!!!