Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Just read that Vernon Phillander a good mate of Colin Ackerman about to retire from test cricket.Would be a great signing either overseas or as a  kolpak

He would, but I'd imagine one of the big clubs will be sniffing :sweating:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CoventryFox said:

Does anyone know if Tom Taylor is fit? Crucial he stays fit all season, very important player. 

Any insight into an overseas player? If any at all. 

Yep think he's fit been bowling in the nets would hope they sign as OS now they have secured an almost £2M loan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep. John Campbell could do a job. Steady opener modest record but is improving . Get used to the conditions. Has a good attitude and can play shots when he needs to. Wont cost the earth. 

Horton can drop down the order. Come it at say 6 and hold things together . 

John Campbell be my man to tap up. Gamble I know but we arent attracting the top players so give it a go. 

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1

I don't actually know much about the club right now, so pardon my ignorance on this one and I'm hoping someone can answer.

I hear a lot about the club being on the breadline (no real money for extra players, can't hold onto the marquee ones that they have etc), but does anyone know how bad it is? I mean, is there a chance of the club actually ending up folding? And on a similar point, what would it take to end the seeming mire of mediocrity in terms of performance the club appears to be stuck in now?

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I don't actually know much about the club right now, so pardon my ignorance on this one and I'm hoping someone can answer.

I hear a lot about the club being on the breadline (no real money for extra players, can't hold onto the marquee ones that they have etc), but does anyone know how bad it is? I mean, is there a chance of the club actually ending up folding? And on a similar point, what would it take to end the seeming mire of mediocrity in terms of performance the club appears to be stuck in now?

Good news first don't think there is a chance of the club folding the guaranteed income for the next 5 years far exceeds the debt which stands at around £3M.Bad news is don't really know what the club can do to end the years of mediocrity although Northants shown last year what can be achieved got to hope we have some good youngsters coming though and we have to improve our player recruitment we have wasted so much money in the last few years on awful signings like Carberry Pettini Dexter white etc

• Like 2

On 14/01/2020 at 23:10, Cake said:

Yep. John Campbell could do a job. Steady opener modest record but is improving . Get used to the conditions. Has a good attitude and can play shots when he needs to. Wont cost the earth. 

Horton can drop down the order. Come it at say 6 and hold things together . 

John Campbell be my man to tap up. Gamble I know but we arent attracting the top players so give it a go. 

Another possibility could be Roston Chase. Steady bat and can bowl well enough. 

Outside bet be Cornwall. He is a decent bowler. 

Good boxer in his youth before he found the Joy's of Fried chicken 

On 18/01/2020 at 12:20, Cake said:

Another possibility could be Roston Chase. Steady bat and can bowl well enough. 

Outside bet be Cornwall. He is a decent bowler. 

Good boxer in his youth before he found the Joy's of Fried chicken 

I'm sure Cozzy could show him around a few of the local fried chicken and kebab shops that Leicestershire has to offer 😅

• Like 1

As someone who only follows them 'on Teletext'....is it worth us ever bothering with young players who are instantly transferred to Notts if any good? 

Can't we phase in a load of kolpak players? Not internationals but run of the mill steady Eddie's? The Claude Hendersons, Charl Willoughbys, Andrew McDonalds etc