Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

Figures for the last year been announced a loss of £364k following on from the loss of £299k in 2018.More dissapointing news is that the club now have the lowest number of members by some considerable distance

Says it all when they’re offering £99 membership. 

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Not sure they didn't give out the numbers.The main problem imo is that when members sadly pass away the next generation of newly retired people aren't there to replace them

You can't blame them tbf, especially how much the team has regressed over the last decade. I get a feeling that the club has been so poorly managed and that were now starting to see the long terms affects.

Personally i would love to have a membership and attend more games but at present i can't justify it. (i'm only 30 and work 40 hours a week) when i retire i would watch the county more often, if the county seen is still going :(.

P.S. Pleased with the signing of Malan, exactly the type of signing we should be looking for, i hope we will sign another decent batsman before the season starts. 

• Like 1

On 7 March 2020 at 14:02, MaidstoneFox said:

Malan signing is really positive. If we can set a few big scores or chase some down we might win a few t20/50 over games. Especially if Taylor/Wright/Ackers/Parkinson/Davis/Griffiths can keep it down to a reasonable score.

Just saw the  Nico interview on Foxes Tv an international bowler on the verge of signing for the T20 any guesses on who it could be?

8 hours ago, everton carr said:

Just saw the  Nico interview on Foxes Tv an international bowler on the verge of signing for the T20 any guesses on who it could be?

A left armer who can smash a few late runs with the bat too. Exciting times - certainly didn’t expect this. 

I like Nico’s honesty re where the money (rewards) are

7 hours ago, everton carr said:

Dont think it matters the Wuhan virus will stop us seeing any cricket this year I sadly fear

Quite possible.  Wonder what will happen. 

Wrong forum but no football either, cant see them playing again until July time. 

14 hours ago, adam said:

I wonder what will happen if this hundred gets cancelled. Will the counties still get their money? I imagine the county have probably spent theirs already. 

Good point think the likes of Surrey and all test match ground clubs will struggle even more then we will.Surrey have a huge budget and the loss of test match money plus 7 T20 games which all attract crowds of 20k  could bankrupt  them