Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Sam Evans and Will Davis renewing too. Next years squad:

Azad

Evans

Ackermann

Patel/Dearden

Steele

Rhodes/Lilley

Hill/Swindells (w/k)

Mike/Barnes

Wright/Davis

Klein/Evans

Parkinson/Griffiths/Bowley

Where would you like to see us strengthen if we have any budget left? We're allowed 2 overseas next season with Ackermann and Klein still not counting towards that due to Dutch and German passports respectively.

I'd love to see Janneman Malan come in as was planned for this season. He would open with Azad and is free scoring so they would be a balanced pairing. Then a batting all rounder to go in somewhere between 4 and 6 where currently only Steele (who is untested in 4 day county cricket) inspires much confidence and I think our starting XI would look solid.

I would be playing Nick Welch in our best side. Think out of the new players he has the most to offer. 

Assad

Evans

Welch

Ackerman

Patel

Swindells 

Bowley

Mike

Wright

Klein

Davis

Four seamers early doors? Give Bowley a go as can bat?  Parkinson if its turning. 

Griffiths, Evans, Barnes to come in. Quite alot of seamers. Think that looks ok. 

Batting you have Steele? Never seen him play. Lilley if we renew? 

Then Hill, Dearden and Rhodes. I would play Hill before those two even just as a batsman. 

So whats that 20? I dont think anyone else will come in. Batting short but we have numbers. Just 2 or 3 that are not good enough. Maybe more but not seen them. 

20 is about right as a playing squad. 

Dearden and Rhodes baffled me at the time still do. 

4 hours ago, Cake said:

I would be playing Nick Welch in our best side. Think out of the new players he has the most to offer. 

Assad

Evans

Welch

Ackerman

Patel

Swindells 

Bowley

Mike

Wright

Klein

Davis

Four seamers early doors? Give Bowley a go as can bat?  Parkinson if its turning. 

Griffiths, Evans, Barnes to come in. Quite alot of seamers. Think that looks ok. 

Batting you have Steele? Never seen him play. Lilley if we renew? 

Then Hill, Dearden and Rhodes. I would play Hill before those two even just as a batsman. 

So whats that 20? I dont think anyone else will come in. Batting short but we have numbers. Just 2 or 3 that are not good enough. Maybe more but not seen them. 

20 is about right as a playing squad. 

Dearden and Rhodes baffled me at the time still do. 

Add an overseas batter to that and maybe a second overseas if finances are there.

youre right about Welch he has to play, looks a player with some fight just what we need.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Cake said:

Staggered by todays signing. What a great player Wiaan Mulder is!

Cant believe we have pulled that off. Genuine all round cricketer of international quality. Like two signings in one! 

Chuffed

My thoughts exactly! 

Shame we don’t seem to have him for the T20 campaign though. Do you think Delany is coming back? 

What do we think about cricket and fans being allowed in?

I ask because I've been hovering over purchasing a season ticket + 1 for Kent CCC this season (relax, always a fox, but its for entertainment purposes for the business and I'm down in Maidstone!).

Clearly its money down the drain if we can't attend. Need to decide by end of month as would like the expense to go in to this tax year for my company...

22 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I ask because I've been hovering over purchasing a season ticket + 1 for Kent CCC this season (relax, always a fox, but its for entertainment purposes for the business and I'm down in Maidstone!).

Clearly its money down the drain if we can't attend. Need to decide by end of month as would like the expense to go in to this tax year for my company...

Whilst I get what you are saying an have no real idea on Kent's finances, I think counties especially those without test matches will be desperate for your money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

My son lives in Canterbury funnily enough. They pay quite a bit for season tickets compared to us but a lovely ground. Nice oart of the world. 

Ive renewed as only 99 at Leicestershire 

But if your talking 300 or 400 or more id think carefully? T20 is so packed isnt it? Have to be a big change to get a decent crowd in? 

I hope so though

1 minute ago, Cake said:

My son lives in Canterbury funnily enough. They pay quite a bit for season tickets compared to us but a lovely ground. Nice oart of the world. 

Ive renewed as only 99 at Leicestershire 

But if your talking 300 or 400 or more id think carefully? T20 is so packed isnt it? Have to be a big change to get a decent crowd in? 

I hope so though

My original thought was to get a membership at Leicestershire. The train costs is what really puts me off.

I'm very much a Leicestershire fan; but Kent is a nice place to watch cricket also.

26 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Does the £99 at Leicester get you all the T20s or just the other stuff? Do they do a deal for Season Ticket + friend, or is it a case of 2 x season tickets.

I could probably chuck £200 at the club just to help out.

£99 is an adult membership without T20. Deal for second person is money off the £99.

I’m actually very confident that there will be good access to County grounds, less so Tests. There’s simply less demand so easier to manage safely. Might perversely next good for county finances if the average attendance at a 4 day game doubles, say.

I won’t try and get test tickets, but hope to get to Grace Road, and perhaps organise trips with mates to Hove, the Oval, Lords etc for County games.

Most teams should be fine to host fans at Championship matches. The only issue maybe where the likes of Somerset and Essex who get large crowds relative to their capacities.

We average, what, 250 at four day games? We should get everyone in for those.