Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 hours ago, Graceroad_fox said:

Rishi seems a good signing, had a tough start away at Headingley last season but you'd think he would've learnt a lot training alongside Alistair Cook for a bit.

Any idea on any more new signings?

I can’t imagine they’ll be anymore signings under the current circumstances. I assume they’ll announce overseas players early next year but probably no more domestic players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake said:

He is out of contract i think? As is Klein and Lilley. 

Klein may have to be oveseas if his stays? 

I don't think Klein would be overseas as he has a German passport which qualifies him to play as a non-overseas player even though the overseas rule changes have been triggered by leaving the EU...

The same with Ackermann who I wonder if we will struggle to hold onto in the future as the EU passport holders take the place of Kolpak status players.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

I don't think Klein would be overseas as he has a German passport which qualifies him to play as a non-overseas player even though the overseas rule changes have been triggered by leaving the EU...

The same with Ackermann who I wonder if we will struggle to hold onto in the future as the EU passport holders take the place of Kolpak status players.

I think they would be overseas as Kolpak wont exist and if they play international cricket they would be overseas?

Unless im reading that wrong? Or is it just Test match status? As with Ireland? 

I dont know. Either way its complicated. 

Gutted to here of Big Phil’s passing. I’ve worked down at Grace Road for around 10 years now and I got to know Phil really well and would have a good chat with him on almost daily basis. He truly was one of the nicest, kindest and caring person you could ever meet.

I spoke to him not long ago and although he was still very ill, I really thought he was on the mend and was going to get better but it wasn’t to be.

RIP Big Phil

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

That's sad. 

A 4/5 years ago, I was at the ground and down on my luck at the time. I didn't know it was that visibly obvious, but he had an emotional intelligence and he came over for a quick word. 

Made some small talk and just simply said something along the lines of 'dig in. We've all been there. It'll be alright' 

what a gent x

Well done for writing that Mr Panini. It’s a lovely tribute to Big Phil. 👏👏👏

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

With the signing of Patel, Steel and Barnes are we assuming that Dearden, Lilley and Klein will be off, as they are largely like-for-like signings. And everyone else has extended to at least 2021

I think we still have another year at least of Dearden. Great 

Klein be useful. No other decent left arm seamer.