Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Here are the scorecards and video highlights from the friendly games against Northants and Notts last week.

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m85094e2d-fb36-4c16-9f87-b30f3c682fe4

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m7860598e-1539-4c5e-8eb2-4908c01e5ba3

Not sure what you can take from these games apart from it looks like Alex Evens bowled well in both games.

Not much i watched a bit. Lewis Hill looked in the best touch in the bit i saw, ironically probably wont play. Ackerman seemed to go ok. 

Bowling less impressive. Ackerman bowled well Evans and Mohwadia. 

Klein was terrible in the bit i saw and think we have lost Evans and possibly Barnes who bowled 4 overs and went off. 

Parky did ok but Ackerman seemed to be as dangerous. 

Team most likely imo

Azad

Evans 

Dearden

Ackerman 

Patel 

Mike 

Swindells 

Parky

Wright 

Griffiths

Evans

Not what id go for but i reckon thats what they will pick

Edited by Cake

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Not much i watched a bit. Lewis Hill looked in the best touch in the bit i saw, ironically probably wont play. Ackerman seemed to go ok. 

Klein was terrible in the bit i saw and think we have lost Evans and possibly Barnes who bowled 4 overs and went off. 

Team most likely imo

Azad

Evans 

Dearden

Ackerman 

Patel 

Mike 

Swindells 

Parky

Wright 

Griffiths

Evans

That batting line-up looks fragile, with Mike at no. 6.   Even 7 would be too high, based on what he's produced with the bat so far.   Take your point about Parkinson / Ackermann in terms of bowling value in the longer form of the game.  I'd rather select an extra batsman instead of CP, but that's not going to happen for well documented reasons. As for Barnes, he seemed to be carted all over the place by Loughborough in the latter stages of that game.  Hoping that Wright is on top form this year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zorrovolpe said:

That batting line-up looks fragile, with Mike at no. 6.   Even 7 would be too high, based on what he's produced with the bat so far.   Take your point about Parkinson / Ackermann in terms of bowling value in the longer form of the game.  I'd rather select an extra batsman instead of CP, but that's not going to happen for well documented reasons. As for Barnes, he seemed to be carted all over the place by Loughborough in the latter stages of that game.  Hoping that Wright is on top form this year.

Yep. Id play an Extra batsman. Might even start with Hill as he looked in best form. Swindells only scored 20s. 

Harris will make a big difference i suspect but wont be here i dont believe? 

May be then play Evans in the middle order? 

22 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The Cricketer were quite complimentary of LCCC in their county preview podcast. Also features a decent interview with Ben Mike.

Full interview with Mike. Seems optimistic about his future here and what they can achieve if they stick together.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/banner/ben_mike_chris_wright_interview_leicestershire_revolutioncombination_youth_experience.html

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Full interview with Mike. Seems optimistic about his future here and what they can achieve if they stick together.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/banner/ben_mike_chris_wright_interview_leicestershire_revolutioncombination_youth_experience.html

Nice to read about him and others wanting to stick around. Always felt he would be one that might go to Notts with his links there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Nice to read about him and others wanting to stick around. Always felt he would be one that might go to Notts with his links there.

Yeah, likewise Azad. Guess they've only to look at Zak Chappell to realise the grass isn't necessarily greener when they come calling (though admittedly he did seem to get more of a go there last year).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Good to see he is ambitious. Hopefully he can kick on this year if given that responsibility of being the all-rounder at 6 or 7.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2021 at 13:49, Cake said:

Team most likely imo

Azad

Evans 

Dearden

Ackerman 

Patel 

Mike 

Swindells 

Parky

Wright 

Griffiths

Evans

Looking at the squad named still think this will be our starting line up. 

27 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Without sounding like Gok Wan I do wish they had colour matched the captains blazer to the county caps. That would look very smart.

Like the look of the new shirt's allthough my kids didn't wear last year's,so i think we'll stick with those!

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I like the red one day kit.

Also wonder what the uptake for the Hundred ticket sales are so far. Already had a couple of emails come through from England Cricket. No thanks :thumbup:

Yep struggling I guess. 

The Oval franchise supposedly doing well. In a good spot though I guess. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I like the red one day kit.

Also wonder what the uptake for the Hundred ticket sales are so far. Already had a couple of emails come through from England Cricket. No thanks :thumbup:

Hopefully they've been absolutely cack.

Guarantee any "Trent" fans will be in Nottingham only. Suspect the London ones will do okay where people are largely less tribal than us provincial bumpkins who think it's a pile of old bollocks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Hopefully they've been absolutely cack.

Guarantee any "Trent" fans will be in Nottingham only. Suspect the London ones will do okay where people are largely less tribal than us provincial bumpkins who think it's a pile of old bollocks.

Think your right. Corporate alone will cover the ovals costs. 

Hopefully be shite

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Hopefully be shite

London aside, the crowds will be people who already support the county that play there - but only those living in that city. No Lancashire or Yorkshire fans from elsewhere are going to support cricket teams called Manchester or Leeds.

As for the alleged untapped newcomers who are suddenly going to be mad keen for a bit of cricket (that's only available to see in person in seven cities), good luck getting them out if there are no existing cricket fans up for dragging them along in the first place. I should be over this by now but the concept is so ill-thought-out it still makes me rage. lol

Hopefully the reaction against it gives counties like ours an attendance boost from people wanting to stick two fingers up to the ECB!

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Anyone know why Scott Steel isn't in the squad for tomorrow? Not sure I saw him in any of the pre season scorecards either?

Injured, white ball only or something else?

Seems like white ball only, no mention of him on the RL cricket show yesterday other than that he signed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Hopefully be shite

Why on earth do you want it to be shite? If it brings new audiences to cricket that is quite obviously a good thing.

Counties like ours only survive thanks to ECB handouts. 

• Like 1