Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

I’m actually very confident that there will be good access to County grounds, less so Tests. There’s simply less demand so easier to manage safely. Might perversely next good for county finances if the average attendance at a 4 day game doubles, say.

I won’t try and get test tickets, but hope to get to Grace Road, and perhaps organise trips with mates to Hove, the Oval, Lords etc for County games.

I have tickets to first day of the Lords test in August. Who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2021 at 22:26, Cake said:

Cant think of any other more suitable candidates to be honest? Not saying he is perfect but a full season in all formats will show what he is capable of. 

Shows what a callow, inexperienced squad it is. Chris wright would be a possibility but he might not play in all formats

7 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I’d have given it to Asad 

I think you're right. Last "season", if you can call it that, is the first time Parkinson has made a significant, consistent contribution. Prior to that, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been released. Out of Azad and Parkinson, if one had to be lost and the other retained, I know who I'd want to keep. 

Leicestershire wicketkeeper Harry Swindells has signed a new contract.

Leicester-born Swindells, 21, has agreed a two-year deal until 2022.

Swindells, who broke through in List A and T20 cricket in 2018, made his first class debut in 2019, then became first choice in the truncated 2020 season.

Along with Sam Bates, who also signed a contract extension, and Lewis Hall, the Foxes now have three locally-born keepers who have all come under the wing of Grace Road legend Paul Nixon.

• Like 2

Pleased for Ackers and Parkinson.

I'm not personally a fan of the Hundred or it's concept but at least we won't be the only county without representation now!

I think we also get compensated by the ECB whilst they're away?

Is it still the same window for the Challenge Cup and the Hundred? Therefore we will see them missing fir that competition. Should be a good opportunity for Nat Bowley and I could see Lilley both bowling a lot of overs and taking the captaincy for 50 over games potentially?

Not a fan of the 100 but a necessary evil i fear, we are quite reliant on ECB money lets be honest. 

I wont go. Looking forward to a summer of Leicestershire!!!

I reckon in Birmingham, Manchester, London it will do well. 

May be not in wales but even tests dont sell there.

After this last year people will want to get out. 

I dont think its aimed at us tbh. 

Glad its free to air some of the time also. May inspire a few kids. They may come down to County then. I mean we are virtually non existent on tv. May be two games a year. 

Edited by Cake