Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

James Vincent is very good isn't he. May be not in Hicks league but very good.

Our bowling is so one paced! Barely 75 mph I should think. Vincent batting out of his crease and using his feet like they are spinners. The odd bouncer is basically a long hop. 

Apart from Wright I'm amazed how poor its been. 

We can still get another overseas in I'd look at a fast bowler. WI or Pak offer value. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cake said:

Our bowling is so one paced! Barely 75 mph I should think. Vincent batting out of his crease and using his feet like they are spinners. The odd bouncer is basically a long hop. 

We can still get another overseas in I'd look at a fast bowler. WI or Pak offer value. 

Obviously the best bowler we’ve had for a number of years is playing for the opposition.

At least in conditions where the balls still doing a bit 60 odd overs in it’s not in the hands of Abbas and Abbott yet.

46 minutes ago, Cake said:

I know Kyle Mayers is a batsman but he'd take wickets for us too. Windies have used him as a bowler quite effectively since he came in and he'd be just right in our conditions.

51 minutes ago, Cake said:

Nit picking here so I apologise when I say it’s Vince not Vincent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

James Vince makes it look so easy. Frustrating it's never going to translate at international level.

He's this generation's Ramprakash or Hick.

Hardly FC avg under 40 Ramps and Hick over 50 for most of career .Not hard to look good against our bowling attack

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Nit picking here so I apologise when I say it’s Vince not Vincent 

Spot on not sure who Vincent is! Vince is a good bad............

Vincent not so good perhaps we will go for him lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Hardly FC avg under 40 Ramps and Hick over 50 for most of career .Not hard to look good against our bowling attack

Cast your mind back to the last time they came to us in this format (I think) and have a look at the scorecard that day.

He just likes playing against crap bowling.

Having said that; if you could pack up a bowler and take them around with you to bowl at you in every game, I imagine Gavin Griffiths would have to get used to a lot of time in a bag.

Vince on his way to a double ton at less than a run a ball. :( The change bowling just hasn't been accurate enough, going at 5 or 6 an over leaves your captain with few options. They can bowl better than that, on a flatish pitch they had to bowl a good line and length. What I saw Griffiths and Mike were spraying it all over the place

1 minute ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Vince on his way to a double ton at less than a run a ball. :( The change bowling just hasn't been accurate enough, going at 5 or 6 an over leaves your captain with few options. They can bowl better than that, on a flatish pitch they had to bowl a good line and length. What I saw Griffiths and Mike were spraying it all over the place

Yes. Evans good and bad in fits and starts.

Just too much loose stuff. I've lost track of the half volleys offered up (mainly GG & BM)

At least BM looks sharpish on pace and can bat a bit. GG wouldn't get a game for any other county.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes. Evans good and bad in fits and starts.

Just too much loose stuff. I've lost track of the half volleys offered up (mainly GG & BM)

At least BM looks sharpish on pace and can bat a bit. GG wouldn't get a game for any other county.

It's a problem going forward (though white ball is where we actually could win games), because Mike has to play to give the side balance, as does Parkinson, the newly anointed vice-captain. But Mike is expensive and Parkinson rarely looks like taking a wicket and we won't find out if that will be different with a bit more turn in the pitch as I can't see us bowling again this game. Alternative to Griiffiths is Klein, who often goes for 8 an over, Barnes who has played virtually no first-class cricket or Davis, who is steady but what, 75-78mph? So yeh, bit of a Hobson's Choice.  I agree, every other county bowling unit that started today looked stronger than ours, apart from perhaps Glamorgan, but that's a toss-up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

It's a problem going forward (though white ball is where we actually could win games), because Mike has to play to give the side balance, as does Parkinson, the newly anointed vice-captain. But Mike is expensive and Parkinson rarely looks like taking a wicket and we won't find out if that will be different with a bit more turn in the pitch as I can't see us bowling again this game. Alternative to Griiffiths is Klein, who often goes for 8 an over, Barnes who has played virtually no first-class cricket or Davis, who is steady but what, 75-78mph? So yeh, bit of a Hobson's Choice.  I agree, every other county bowling unit that started today looked stronger than ours, apart from perhaps Glamorgan, but that's a toss-up.

I'd have said Davis was the quickest of our seamers. Still not express mind.

I think Klein is our quickest bowler but equally erratic. Not quick enough to bother a really good bat. 

I've said before Harris is a good player but we needed an opening bowler. Overseas is still a possibility. 

I would argue a wicket to wicket bowler would be a start

Abbas is decent at 78 80 mph. 

Just had a very bad day today but let's not panic. Just yet......

• Like 1

Hopefully we can get them out ourselves today rather than letting them amass a mountain of runs before declaring.

Then we'll need a huge effort from our batsmen. Here's hoping we get first season Azad and not the second season version and that a few of the others can step up as outside of Ackermann not many in that lineup inspire much confidence in situations like this.

1 minute ago, CrawlingFox said:

Hopefully we can get them out ourselves today rather than letting them amass a mountain of runs before declaring.

Then we'll need a huge effort from our batsmen. Here's hoping we get first season Azad and not the second season version and that a few of the others can step up as outside of Ackermann not many in that lineup inspire much confidence in situations like this.

Would have thought Steel or Patel would be better then Lewis Hill ffs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Would have thought Steel or Patel would be better then Lewis Hill ffs

Yeah it's a bit disappointing to sign two young batsmen and to talk about all their potential and then to see a keeper chosen above both.

I like Hill and he can hold a bat but if at 30 odd he's suddenly going to become a top six batsman averaging 30-40 the  I'll be as surprised as I am pleased.

20 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Klein surely around 83mph think David only around 78

Klein is quicker.

Davis does seem to vary quite a bit. He does look like he can bowl in the 80s and I wouldn't be surprised if some of his spells have been at that pace.

Ben Mike seemed quicker yesterday; but just not much control. He did seem to hurry some of their players at times. I really think BM could benefit on a pitch like that by bowling from closer to the stumps; more of a stumps to stumps or stumps to corridor sort of line; he seemed to be bowling short and wide often, from wide of the stumps.

I'd be inclined to pick Klein or Davis over Griffiths in any case; but there again I've not seen them in the nets. I don't really like getting bowlers in on loan, but there is an argument for getting someone from div 1 who can open up with Wright. There is no way we can give Wright the workload he had yesterday.

Its only been one day of one game; but it just doesn't look much of an attack does it? There's zero menace about it; other then some of the cute balls Wright bowled (he's wily isn't he) and the youthful energy of Evans, who did get some good bounce. I know its hard when you're leaking runs and there is no pressure building, but as well as having no control, I don't even see a strike bowler in there that batsmen will fear.

Can anyone argue with the approach against us of 'be watchful vs Wright and then fill your boots vs everyone else' ?

• Like 3