Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Both are represented through University sides; not sure this is actually why; but just a coincidence you picked those two.

Yeah I thought that, but those lads then get picked by other counties, as those two aren’t pro counties. I picked those two as I’d imagine they’d be the strongest two because of having the universities to pick from

It would take an age to get a Minor County team up to county standard, I know it's not the complete guide but when they played in the Natwest Trophy 20 years ago there were barely any victories over first-class teams.

As poor as we are generally in four day cricket, a Minor County team wouldn't do any better for a number of years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Not really the “flat” pitch that many thought 

A pretty thorough out classing. At least Swindells got his second red ball 50. One small positive.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on Harris to score runs when he arrives.

And equally a lot of pressure on Nixon to do well in the Blast if this is the standard we're hitting in first class cricket. I did see today that some in Australia are touting Inglis as their next all format keeper so that bodes well.

On 09/04/2021 at 11:14, The People's Hero said:

MaidstoneFox - if you're in and around Maidstone area and see someone in a (too-tight) green Leicestershire CCC top; that's me.

Unless its a boy in a too big green Leicestershire CCC top; that's my son.

Ah well if I see you I'll hail you in a suitably Leicester fashion. General lack of replica sports shirts around Maidstone I've always thought, apart from Maidstone Utd tops on match days. However, I've barely been in Maidstone over the last 13 months.

Still trailing by 275, I have no idea what our record innings defeat is but suspect we are past that now.

27 minutes ago, Cake said:

Been Harsh on Dearden but that's an awful LBW he'd batted well. Way down the leg side. 

Missing leg by a long way really poor decision and we are failing without crap Umpires, would like to know the thought process that it could be out

2 hours ago, katieakita said:

Having just watched the Azad decision i think someone should be due a ban, interesting to see how quickly this is dealt with

Missed this as was re-stocking the bowls club bar ahead of re-launch! About time.

Can someone expand? Is there a clip?

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

How does that work?

It works as follows.

Surrey CCC usually get everything they want.

Surrey CCC become arrogant and entitled.

Surrey CCC request something ridiculous.

We await to see whether the sport at large has any integrity left now I suppose.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Missed this as was re-stocking the bowls club bar ahead of re-launch! About time.

Can someone expand? Is there a clip?

Could not load image appeals for catch with ball in right hand and breaks stumps with left hand with his right hand and ball nowhere near the stumps given out stumped is on social media though

Edited by katieakita
not loadig

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

It works as follows.

Surrey CCC usually get everything they want.

Surrey CCC become arrogant and entitled.

Surrey CCC request something ridiculous.

We await to see whether the sport at large has any integrity left now I suppose.

I may be completely out of touch but isn't a massive part of the IPL actually being in India and going to the packed grounds there? 

Just now, katieakita said:

Didn't load; but I found Azad's dismissal on the LCCC site and that is absolutely outrageous.

I hope we kick off about it, because otherwise it will never come to the attention of the ECB.

Cricket is above all else, and perhaps uniquely as a sport, based on what is gentlemanly, what is right, what is 'cricket'.

And that just is not 'cricket'.

Ban the keeper for a bit in my view. It will be a harsh lesson learnt but he must learn.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I may be completely out of touch but isn't a massive part of the IPL actually being in India and going to the packed grounds there? 

Err ..... yeah. Indians love cricket. The stadia are huge. The games are ridiculously well attended.

The Oval is not going to impress or entice them. Some sort of £££££££££££££££ deal going on perhaps.

Maybe Surrey CCC and their ilk (hello Notts!) haven't got quite enough money to bully the smaller counties with yet?

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Didn't load; but I found Azad's dismissal on the LCCC site and that is absolutely outrageous.

I hope we kick off about it, because otherwise it will never come to the attention of the ECB.

Cricket is above all else, and perhaps uniquely as a sport, based on what is gentlemanly, what is right, what is 'cricket'.

And that just is not 'cricket'.

Ban the keeper for a bit in my view. It will be a harsh lesson learnt but he must learn.

Apparently the wicket keeper and Hants Captain were talking to the umpire before the restart after Tea but no excuses it is cheating and an example has to be made not sure what the rules are but it is poor and brings the game into disrepute 

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Apparently the wicket keeper and Hants Captain were talking to the umpire before the restart after Tea but no excuses it is cheating and an example has to be made not sure what the rules are but it is poor and brings the game into disrepute 

Completely daft as well because absolutely no reason to cheat.

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Err ..... yeah. Indians love cricket. The stadia are huge. The games are ridiculously well attended.

The Oval is not going to impress or entice them. Some sort of £££££££££££££££ deal going on perhaps.

Maybe Surrey CCC and their ilk (hello Notts!) haven't got quite enough money to bully the smaller counties with yet?

I’m not quite sure I agree. The World Cup in England was hugely well supported by people supporting India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. I went to watch NZ play Bangladesh at the Oval and it was a privilege to be there amongst thousands of Bangladesh fans. Just as the NFL fills Wembley, I think the IPL might easily fill the Oval, and it might all be quite fun. 

Just now, harpendenfox said:

I’m not quite sure I agree. The World Cup in England was hugely well supported by people supporting India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. I went to watch NZ play Bangladesh at the Oval and it was a privilege to be there amongst thousands of Bangladesh fans. Just as the NFL fills Wembley, I think the IPL might easily fill the Oval, and it might all be quite fun. 

Clearly it would quite easily fill the Oval - it fills far larger grounds in India.

Not sure how you feel this justifies Surrey CCC demanding an IPL game?

It will all come down to money and will probably happen. The IPL is a super spectacle but its all about ££££££ anyway.

Welcome to each other in my view. Should make good bedfellows. Hopefully Surrey join the IPL somehow.

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

It needs to be closely monitored if it ever happens (I don't think it will). You can't have grounds staging games from other competitions and the counties profiting from it.

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Clearly it would quite easily fill the Oval - it fills far larger grounds in India.

Not sure how you feel this justifies Surrey CCC demanding an IPL game?

It will all come down to money and will probably happen. The IPL is a super spectacle but its all about ££££££ anyway.

Welcome to each other in my view. Should make good bedfellows. Hopefully Surrey join the IPL somehow.

I don’t see it as a demand,I think they see it as an opportunity. Frankly if we could sell out Grace Road with an IPL game and County made some much needed dosh from the idea, would we not rather like that?