Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Leon Best

Just been having a look on the Saints forums for any news on Saganowski... Saints fans couldn't give a toss about Best. Forest are welcome to Best.....defo sounds like Hammond!

As for Saganowski, anyone would think they've got a Le Tiss/Shearer/God in Saganowski....They are absolutely desperate for him..Get him in MM! (with Ilic :worship: as well)

So McLeod, Best, Hume & Fryatt next season?

Not one player with Premiership or European experience, something I thought one of our strikers for next season would have.

A young and refreshing forward line though. Will they cut it though?

I am still hoping for Saganowski as well.

I think we will see a veteran come in also. That will make five strikers, i'm ignoring DeVries and Dodds, most teams in and around the play-offs had five last year. I think :mellow:

Southampton - Best, Saganowski, Wright-Phillips, Jones, Rasiak

Birmingham - DJ Campbell, Jerome, Vine, McSheffrey, Bentner

West Brom - Ellington, Hartson, Kamara, Phillips, their OS also says Gera as a striker.

Sunderland - Stokes, Elliott, Connolly, Murphy, John, Yorke (although usually a midfielder)

Wolves - Bothroyd, Johnson, Ward, Keogh, Frankowski?

Derby - Howard, Fagan, Peschisolido, Macken, Lupoli.

I think we will see a veteran come in also. That will make five strikers, i'm ignoring DeVries and Dodds, most teams in and around the play-offs had five last year. I think :mellow:

How dare you!

He is the best finisher at the club!!!

No idea why you'd ignore Dodds given you'd accept Fryatt.

So McLeod, Best, Hume & Fryatt next season?

Not one player with Premiership or European experience, something I thought one of our strikers for next season would have.

A young and refreshing forward line though. Will they cut it though?

I am still hoping for Saganowski as well.

I think hume might play deeper or outwide.

Need a big target man too.

No idea why you'd ignore Dodds given you'd accept Fryatt.

Fryatt has a proven record in League 1, he had a decent first six months for us but unfortunately didn't perform last year, whether it was due to injuries or maybe he isnt cut out for the Championship, we dont know. Personally i think he has the potential and would give him another season.

However, Dodds scored one goal in League two? Correct me if i'm wrong, hes never made an appearance for our first team. At 20 years of age i'd say hes leaving it a bit late. Also i'm sure Allen would favour Fryatt over Dodds, he knows what hes all about from two years in League one when he was manager of Brentford. Thats why i ignore Dodds over Fryatt.

Fryatt has a proven record in League 1, he had a decent first six months for us but unfortunately didn't perform last year, whether it was due to injuries or maybe he isnt cut out for the Championship, we dont know. Personally i think he has the potential and would give him another season.

However, Dodds scored one goal in League two? Correct me if i'm wrong, hes never made an appearance for our first team. At 20 years of age i'd say hes leaving it a bit late. Also i'm sure Allen would favour Fryatt over Dodds, he knows what hes all about from two years in League one when he was manager of Brentford. Thats why i ignore Dodds over Fryatt.

I think you've got to give Fryatt the benefit of doubt, having to play under the dictatorship of Rob Kelly was always going to denote under-achievement for the majority of the playing squad, especially those carrying injuries. I think Allen's the man to get Fryatt firing, or he'll ship him out like Elvis, simple as that.

Southampton - Best, Saganowski, Wright-Phillips, Jones, Rasiak

Birmingham - DJ Campbell, Jerome, Vine, McSheffrey, Bentner

West Brom - Ellington, Hartson, Kamara, Phillips, their OS also says Gera as a striker.

Sunderland - Stokes, Elliott, Connolly, Murphy, John, Yorke (although usually a midfielder)

Wolves - Bothroyd, Johnson, Ward, Keogh, Frankowski?

Derby - Howard, Fagan, Peschisolido, Macken, Lupoli.

Alot of them are more forward type thinking midfielders or wingers though, a few them spent a long time out of the team as well. 5 out and out strikers are hard to keep happy.

Fryatt scored six goals in his last 37 matches (last season and the one before) or one goal in six and the team struggled throughout that time.

Dodds might not have been on fire at Rochdale - for well documented reasons - but the team shone and Rochdale saw enough in a short time to want to sign him.

It's funny that Dodds (whose last season was stunted from the start) is "leaving it late at 20" yet Fryatt "has potential" at 21.

But thanks for your reasoning - it's every bit as worthy as mine - and for sure the crunch will come for both of them in the season to come.

Unlike many fans who seem to have a pre-conceived down on Dodds - and for no reason cos, as you say, he's never had a chance - I'll wish them both good fortune and sincerely hope they are both successful.

Fryatt scored six goals in his last 37 matches (last season and the one before) or one goal in six and the team struggled throughout that time.

Dodds might not have been on fire at Rochdale - for well documented reasons - but the team shone and Rochdale saw enough in a short time to want to sign him.

It's funny that Dodds (whose last season was stunted from the start) is "leaving it late at 20" yet Fryatt "has potential" at 21.

But thanks for your reasoning - it's every bit as worthy as mine - and for sure the crunch will come for both of them in the season to come.

Unlike many fans who seem to have a pre-conceived down on Dodds - and for no reason cos, as you say, he's never had a chance - I'll wish them both good fortune and sincerely hope they are both successful.

Possibly because Matty Fryatt already has about 40 league goals to his name. If you don't break in to the first team by the time you are 20 then you are indeed leaving it a little late. That's where that term stemmed from.

Fryatt has got to be a more viable choice up front then Dodds. Has has scored lots of goals, especially at this level a year ago.

The only period in which he hasn't scored goals was last season, the season where he has struggled with injures. I bet he played for us up front even though his fitness levels were poor due to that nobber Kelly. I say give him another season with a good pre season and good staff building his fitness levels. There is no reason to believe Dodds would be better then Fryatt. He MIGHT be but we have no evidence to be sure of that.

Fryatt has over three seasons of first team football behind him, Dodds has played 4 times in League two, so yes he is leaving it late.

Fryatt flatters to deceive though. He has some lovely touches that make you think here is a good player. However I also think he is the type of player that appeals to Manager's ego's because they all think they can bring the best out of him. Many a Manager has been sacked for less.

I would rather give Dodds a run out until such time as Fryatt does enough to warrant him being here and if he has not done enough by January then I say let him go. Too much promise and not enough action for my liking. ;):thumbup:

Fryatt flatters to deceive though. He has some lovely touches that make you think here is a good player. However I also think he is the type of player that appeals to Manager's ego's because they all think they can bring the best out of him. Many a Manager has been sacked for less.

I would rather give Dodds a run out until such time as Fryatt does enough to warrant him being here and if he has not done enough by January then I say let him go. Too much promise and not enough action for my liking. ;):thumbup:

But he has a consistant scoring rate up until last season when he had injurys and was probably played when not fully fit. :blink:

This Fryatt bashing is getting fooking tedious/ridiculus.

Archived