Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Gonna miss this ...    sat there 1 hour ago having one for the road ...   

7 hours ago, Buce said:

Safe journey, CF. 

I now have an image of CF arriving into Luton Airport and walking through immigration topless in his orange shorts.

Put a woolly on, mate, it's a bit parky here. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Buce said:

Safe journey, CF. 

Cheers mate ...   we made it !    Meant to be very windy but was a good smooth landing and nice sunshine  ....     :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I now have an image of CF arriving into Luton Airport and walking through immigration topless in his orange shorts.

Put a woolly on, mate, it's a bit parky here. :thumbup:

Actually Alf it was Gatwick ...   and I had my favourite pale blue shorts on to show off my tan ...  :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Cheers mate ...   we made it !    Meant to be very windy but was a good smooth landing and nice sunshine  ....     :thumbup:

Actually Alf it was Gatwick ...   and I had my favourite pale blue shorts on to show off my tan ...  :)

Please tell me you had your shirt on. :nono:

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Saw Peter Crouch at Euston this morning, nice bloke.

Day has progressively gone downhill as seemingly everyone in the capital is a miserable sod today.

Wonder if there's any connection between your encounter with Crouch and this bit of news? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/chelsea-make-surprise-peter-crouch-inquiry-bid-sign-target-man/

"Chelsea have made inquiries about Stoke City striker Peter Crouch as they cast their net ever wider to find a back-up to the unreliable goalscoring of Alvaro Morata and his current understudy Michy Batshuayi over this transfer window. Crouch, who turns 37 this month, is one of a list of names the club had in mind for this January transfer window, including West Ham’s Andy Carroll, who was ruled out of action on Thursday with an ankle injury that could yet necessitate surgery and a four-month lay-off. The template of a proven Premier League goalscorer, with target-man qualities, is one which Chelsea have pursued in recent weeks, although any Crouch deal would present problems".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Buce ...    Last knife turned up today ...   this is the good one that will never be used ...    a bush knife with Damascus steel, Thor pattern, mosaic rivets, wooly mammoth handle, complex pommel ...   and quite a bit of work done with a hand file along the blade edge ...   real collectors piece ...    :)

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

@Buce ...    Last knife turned up today ...   this is the good one that will never be used ...    a bush knife with Damascus steel, Thor pattern, mosaic rivets, wooly mammoth handle, complex pommel ...   and quite a bit of work done with a hand file along the blade edge ...   real collectors piece ...    :)

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

That's beautiful, CF.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what's being built next to the Highcross car park (you can see it coming from the road tunnel coming up)?

Just drove past and there's just steel beams there at the moment.

Edit: just checked online - a new 150-room Novotel hotel complex..

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/business/revealed-plans-derelict-land-opposite-182592

Edited by Wymeswold fox

So, I'm in Asda, standing next to this pensioner at the self-checkouts.

Checkout machine: Please take your items.

Old man: Yes, I'm taking my items.

CM: Please take your items.

OM: Yes, I'm taking my items.

OM: Yes, I'm taking my bloody items.

OM: I'm taking them, for crying out loud - what's the matter with you?

CM: Please take..

OM: For Christ's sake. Fvck off. Just fvck off.

lol Old people should just be banned from technology.

Edited by Buce

24 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Pretty good day for me today. As some of you may remember from the depression thread, I've been off work since September. My employer decided to put me through the medical redeployment process rather than sack me,  and I found out today that I've been successful in securing a new role that I was interviewed for last week. So I'm looking forward to starting again, doing something equally as challenging but hopefully less stressful. I'm also hoping that this means the business won't put me through the process that could lead to my dismissal due to long term sickness, but I won't know for sure until I return to work. 

That's great, shows your employer has the trust in you in being a valuable employee.

Must've an awful situation, initially.

What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Was going to go the gym tonight, but really can't be arsed again. Been doing quite well lately too so I want to keep momentum, but had a nasty bought of the earth's kits on Wednesday and a few bad night's sleep, so think I'll get pissed instead.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just about to head off out for a ruby with Mrs Col.

I know how to treat a lady...

:thumbup:

If you really knew how to treat a lady, you'd buy her diamonds not rubies.

Cheapskate.