Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I know, I’ll go work in the cafe for a bit and have a nice breaky

Computer died within a minute of booting. Now I’m stuck waiting for my food between ‘young mummy club discussing their TikTokings’ and ‘the outspoken on current events international collective of OAP fascists’. 

Im almost tempted to give up waiting for my bacon. 

• Haha 2

Has anyone before had issues with vitamin D, or lack of it should I say?

Been constantly ill for the past couple of years, nothing major - just always run down, bones aching, regular headaches and migraines and wanting to sleep all the time

Finally managed to get blood tests done last week, and follow up repeat ones earlier this week as they weren't happy with the results.

Turns out I have "severely depleted levels of vitamin d" and I'm now on a 3 month course of tablets and recommended large daily dose after that. (This was relayed to me in a text message)

Tried to call the doctor to see if I could discuss it a bit more to find out more details but was told there's no appointments to speak to anyone either by phone or in person until 19th March.

Happy that it's something that can seemingly be rectified and make me realise I'm not just being lazy all of the time but would be nice to actually get more information from the doctor. 

30 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Been constantly ill for the past couple of years, nothing major - just always run down, bones aching, regular headaches and migraines and wanting to sleep all the time

Finally managed to get blood tests done last week, and follow up repeat ones earlier this week as they weren't happy with the results.

Turns out I have "severely depleted levels of vitamin d" and I'm now on a 3 month course of tablets and recommended large daily dose after that. (This was relayed to me in a text message)

Tried to call the doctor to see if I could discuss it a bit more to find out more details but was told there's no appointments to speak to anyone either by phone or in person until 19th March.

Happy that it's something that can seemingly be rectified and make me realise I'm not just being lazy all of the time but would be nice to actually get more information from the doctor. 

Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms, Treatments, and Causes (healthline.com)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

I had something similar recently but with severely low iron levels. Just gradually got worse and worse feeling more tired and blowing out my arse doing any simple steady exercise. 

I went in for an IV bag of iron which sorted me out in a week or so. But obviously Vitamin D is a slightly different nutrient and probably not as easily absorbable.

Now you know what the cause is you can gradually get better. I imagine the body can only absorb so many grams per day (is the same for iron) so might take a while to feel back to normal. 

Edit - Seems like 12 weeks is the recommended time for it to fully turn around, dependent on personally and environmental factors. 

https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/long-vitamin-work-3555995/#:~:text=Obesity%2C polluted environments%2C and malabsorption,weekly high-dose vitamin D.

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HEGGSY said:

Found out my workplace was closing at Christmas and recieved my redundancy letter.

Holwell Works, 150 odd years gone just like that, gutted.

Feel the same, have worked as a sub contractor for 30+ years, been on the cards for a number of years though, but where would they be if it wasn't for us in 1940

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/02/2024 at 19:13, Rain King said:

I think it's been the wettest six months in like the last 200 years so we're probably all a little vitamin d deficient at the moment. I have Swedish family and people there always take it. Hasn't stopped me from being sick almost constantly the last four months 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think it's been the wettest six months in like the last 200 years so we're probably all a little vitamin d deficient at the moment. I have Swedish family and people there always take it. Hasn't stopped me from being sick almost constantly the last four months 

Been taking it for over a month now. Currently on my second cold since then and an ear infection. As well as being sick every night.

7 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Been taking it for over a month now. Currently on my second cold since then and an ear infection. As well as being sick every night.

There are many things I like and dislike about living in Britain but I think the worst for me may be the weather and the fact I seem to be now constantly sick. 

Hope you get well soon. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bovril said:

Same, I've had two monster colds this winter (time off work, which is tea rare for me) and four minor colds..all of which have been with swollen sore tonsils that never seemed to happen before. Six FFS. 

Three of the six colds have come in the last 6 weeks. I didn't think it was possible to get reinfected so quickly 

And yet prior to that, hadn't had a cold for 18 months..Been a weird winter

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

There are many things I like and dislike about living in Britain but I think the worst for me may be the weather and the fact I seem to be now constantly sick. 

Hope you get well soon. 

Thanks, hopefully the sun making the odd appearance and the temperature warming up we may be in for a few months of respite.

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Same, I've had two monster colds this winter (time off work, which is tea rare for me) and four minor colds..all of which have been with swollen sore tonsils that never seemed to happen before. Six FFS. 

Three of the six colds have come in the last 6 weeks. I didn't think it was possible to get reinfected so quickly 

And yet prior to that, hadn't had a cold for 18 months..Been a weird winter

Everywhere I go I hear people hacking their guts up. It's like Dawn of the Dead on the morning tube. I've had colds and covid before but like you said it's now accompanied by stuff that I haven't experienced. Maybe the Russians have dropped something over England.

Hope you get better and stay healthy!

Edited by bovril
  • Thanks 1

We were in the heart of the path of totality for today's solar eclipse.

It's usually cloudy here this time of year, so I didn't expect much.

Well, we had a bit of high haze that didn't interfere.  It took nearly an hour for the moon to roll over the sun.

Then it covered it for five minutes.  That was pretty amazing.  :)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We were in the heart of the path of totality for today's solar eclipse.

It's usually cloudy here this time of year, so I didn't expect much.

Well, we had a bit of high haze that didn't interfere.  It took nearly an hour for the moon to roll over the sun.

Then it covered it for five minutes.  That was pretty amazing.  :)

Caught the same thing in upstate NY, expecting clouds. Clear skies, then cold temps and darkness. Amazing experience.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2024 at 23:13, bovril said:

Everywhere I go I hear people hacking their guts up. It's like Dawn of the Dead on the morning tube. I've had colds and covid before but like you said it's now accompanied by stuff that I haven't experienced. Maybe the Russians have dropped something over England.

Hope you get better and stay healthy!

had a badun saturday but went brum game, was guna wear a scarf but people were telling fans to take one so i didnt as im victor meldrew type. took a flask of scotch and tbh best match iv seen in years. ps how did we get on ?

Bar making my wife a coffee and my son his breakfast I've done literally sod all of anything useful today.

Arrived to pick up my daughter from dancing half an hour early because I got the time wrong. I am ON IT

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

The lounge at Brum airport is absolute gash. Have to pay a surcharge for certain drinks? Tossers. It’s like a business lounge run by Rudkin. 

Still, Firenze, wine and pizza to come. 

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Bar making my wife a coffee and my son his breakfast I've done literally sod all of anything useful today.

Arrived to pick up my daughter from dancing half an hour early because I got the time wrong. I am ON IT

Sometimes you need a day to do feck all.

I've spent 3 hours cleaning the windows and conservatory roof 😎

Now the lad wants to play football and I'm fecking knackered🤣🤣

Just now, Raj said:

Sometimes you need a day to do feck all.

I've spent 3 hours cleaning the windows and conservatory roof 😎

Now the lad wants to play football and I'm fecking knackered🤣🤣

They do this don't they? My boy will sit there on his PlayStation all day chatting to his mates and having a grand old life of leisure, and come about 7 in the evening after I've been doing jobs all day he comes down and declares that he'd "like to do something" with us. If it's not falling asleep and knocking a can over, it's not happening, son 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They do this don't they? My boy will sit there on his PlayStation all day chatting to his mates and having a grand old life of leisure, and come about 7 in the evening after I've been doing jobs all day he comes down and declares that he'd "like to do something" with us. If it's not falling asleep and knocking a can over, it's not happening, son 

Its times like this I wish I was a younger dad at his peak rather than a soon to be 53 year old clinging onto his last strand of youth!!!

Ngl, the morning has improved immeasurably since I drank that first red. 

I imagine it will continue improving until I’m denied permission to board the flight and thrown off airport premises. 

IMG_6225.jpeg.9aff1583490c47da1eaf0f3d782f13da.jpeg

• Haha 1