Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sat at home waiting for an Ambulance to pick me up and take me back to hospital :(

Two weeks post op but I’m no better. Dehydrated, not eating, permanently vomiting, no energy and exhausted. I’m ill and somethings not right. The thought of food makes me nauseous and I haven’t properly eaten since Dec 21st.

**** this. Had enough now...

Only just seen this, sorry to hear you're still poorly. Really hope by now you're feeling lots better, I'll be thinking of you x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Only just seen this, sorry to hear you're still poorly. Really hope by now you're feeling lots better, I'll be thinking of you x

Thanks Deb :)

I’m back in hospital on a drip so in good hands. Not sure I can handle any more surgery so hopefully nature takes it’s course :fc: x

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Cheers, Oz. :)

I'm about 90% vegan myself, although it's largely through expediency because the Missus is a vegan. I only use plant milks now, but I have a weakness for cheese and eggs.

Can you eat honey if you're a vegan?

50 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Only if the bees get a living wage, I think.

I thought each hive was a workers' cooperative combined with a brothel?

About time us human imperialists stopped pillaging such fine institutions. Don't want to drone on about it, though.

I just had toast and honey for lunch, by the way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I thought each hive was a workers' cooperative combined with a brothel?

About time us human imperialists stopped pillaging such fine institutions. Don't want to drone on about it, though.

I just had toast and honey for lunch, by the way.

Talking of drone (bees), we don’t want to give those lazy beeastards the living wage for shirking all day.

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’m back in hospital on a drip so in good hands. Not sure I can handle any more surgery so hopefully nature takes it’s course :fc: x

My fingers are crossed again Izzy.  Hope it works out for you this time.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mate - what a crappy time you've had.  :mellow:

Keep strong, and let us know how you're getting on. 

• Thanks 1

Had a meeting with my companies directors today... they're planning on mothballing my department by the end of February. So, not officially given redundancy yet but I'll be out of work come end of February. Great start to the year.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Had a meeting with my companies directors today... they're planning on mothballing my department by the end of February. So, not officially given redundancy yet but I'll be out of work come end of February. Great start to the year.

What do you do?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Will your qualifications allow you to do other stuff?

Yeah, masters in chemistry, good deal of experience in chromatography. Slight problem that my fiancee got a new job today as well + 3 months left on her college course + 8 months left on our flat lease means I'm sort of stuck in the Peterborough area.

Went out on a catamaran today to snorkel with turtles and see some wrecks ..   good day so far ...   met a couple of girls in their twenties who liked football and one worked in formula one ..  getting better ! ...   watched as the girls laid out on the webbing at the front of the catamaran...    guessed what’s coming yet ? ..  as I suspected about 20 minutes into the trip a bit of choppy sea sent a big wave of water all over them !   :o  ......   one was so traumatised she had to be helped up by two crew members.   Why was he so ungentlemanly you are thinking, when he knew what might happen ? ...    cus they were bloody shagger fans that’s why !!! ..   bout choked laughing !!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Went out on a catamaran today to snorkel with turtles and see some wrecks ..   good day so far ...   met a couple of girls in their twenties who liked football and one worked in formula one ..  getting better ! ...   watched as the girls laid out on the webbing at the front of the catamaran...    guessed what’s coming yet ? ..  as I suspected about 20 minutes into the trip a bit of choppy sea sent a big wave of water all over them !   :o  ......   one was so traumatised she had to be helped up by two crew members.   Why was he so ungentlemanly you are thinking, when he knew what might happen ? ...    cus they were bloody shagger fans that’s why !!! ..   bout choked laughing !!  lol

You sir are a bounder and a cad!  I would have laughed a lot.  

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Cool.

I had no idea turtles could snorkel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Webbo said:

Can you eat honey if you're a vegan?

No its generally not acceptable. The theory being that the bees are creating that honey for feeding their babies..so we would be stealing candy from a baby :)

Edited by ozleicester

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

No its generally not acceptable. The theory being that the bees are creating that honey for feeding their babies..so we would be stealing candy from a baby :)

It goes beyond that, Oz. In commercial hives the stolen honey is replaced by sugar water, which is lacking in vital nutrients and impacts on the bees' health. Beekeepers also routinely remove the wings of queens to prevent them leaving the hive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wasn't sure where to post this but if anyone can advise, last night I went on a date (I haven't been on many to gain experience from) and have since been told there wasn't chemistry between us. I've had confidence problems for much of my life and was wondering what I can do to help not stay like this forever.. :(

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but if anyone can advise, last night I went on a date (I haven't been on many to gain experience from) and have since been told there wasn't chemistry between us. I've had confidence problems for much of my life and was wondering what I can do to help not stay like this forever.. :(

Sometimes people just don't click, don't blame yourself.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I assume you're a young man?

Trust me, mate, there is absolutely nothing unusual about things not clicking on a date. I guarantee it has happened to everyone on this forum, many times. As the saying goes, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

Not a brill day really. Me and the mrs have a couple of days off work this week so we decided to go to Meadowhall to do a spot of shopping. 

Who uses the M1 regularly these days? It's a fookin nightmare road. Speed limits, accidents, volume of traffic etc etc. Horrible road to drive on these days. Our journey going took nearly an hour over what it should have done due to 2 separate hold ups for accidents! 

Ill be avoiding it like the plague in future.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Not a brill day really. Me and the mrs have a couple of days off work this week so we decided to go to Meadowhall to do a spot of shopping. 

Who uses the M1 regularly these days? It's a fookin nightmare road. Speed limits, accidents, volume of traffic etc etc. Horrible road to drive on these days. Our journey going took nearly an hour over what it should have done due to 2 separate hold ups for accidents! 

Ill be avoiding it like the plague in future.

I don't think I've done a single longer car journey in the last five years that hasn't involved substantial delays unless it was in the middle of the night. The roads in this country are an absolute embarrassment. Where does all our tax money go?

• Like 1