Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Perhaps we could start a dieting thread for us three porkers and that other big tub of lard Merging Cultures ...    amongst others ...   

Its the 5 2 for me as its the only one I can do cus for 5 days I can eat normally and more importantly drink what I want ...   and I really believe that fasting is very good for you.    

Perhaps we we could call it  ‘The fat fookers thread” or perhaps. “Col and his fat friends”  ? ....     :)

lol. 

How is your holiday? I am on meds at the moment, after getting an infection while on holiday (ooo er!!!), so no alcohol for me at the mo. I am hoping the weight drops off!!

51 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Perhaps we could start a dieting thread for us three porkers and that other big tub of lard Merging Cultures ...    amongst others ...   

Its the 5 2 for me as its the only one I can do cus for 5 days I can eat normally and more importantly drink what I want ...   and I really believe that fasting is very good for you.    

Perhaps we we could call it  ‘The fat fookers thread” or perhaps. “Col and his fat friends”  ? ....     :)

lol

Not exactly the most PC names for threads them are they?

I’m doing the 5/2 rule. 5 days of slimming world, then Sat and Sun of eating drinking what I like.

Pretty do-able that.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Not exactly the most PC names for threads them are they?

I’m doing the 5/2 rule. 5 days of slimming world, then Sat and Sun of eating drinking what I like.

Pretty do-able that.

I am going to go Keto. I did it last year and lost a load. Gained it all back obvs. but this time I am also lifting... so hopefully a lot of the gain is muscle (It is a bit... but not much unfortunately). 

• Like 1

Sat at home waiting for an Ambulance to pick me up and take me back to hospital :(

Two weeks post op but I’m no better. Dehydrated, not eating, permanently vomiting, no energy and exhausted. I’m ill and somethings not right. The thought of food makes me nauseous and I haven’t properly eaten since Dec 21st.

**** this. Had enough now...

• Sad 13

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sat at home waiting for an Ambulance to pick me up and take me back to hospital :(

Two weeks post op but I’m no better. Dehydrated, not eating, permanently vomiting, no energy and exhausted. I’m ill and somethings not right. The thought of food makes me nauseous and I haven’t properly eaten since Dec 21st.

Oh shite.. keep us posted mate. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Very sad to hear this :( 

Really hope you get well soon and get to the route of the problem. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry to hear this. Certainly sounds as if the hospital need to be having another look at you, based on that list of symptoms.

Here's hoping they can get to the root of the problem so as to get you back on a better trajectory.

Try to keep believing that there can be light at the end of the tunnel, hard as I'm sure that is at the moment.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Good luck mate ...   I’m sure that they’ll get it sorted this time round ..   just be patient (no pun intended) and keep your pecker up ...   your FT family will all be thinking about you ...   :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry to hear mate :(

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

lol. 

How is your holiday? I am on meds at the moment, after getting an infection while on holiday (ooo er!!!), so no alcohol for me at the mo. I am hoping the weight drops off!!

Yep, a good bug always helps as a sort of crash diet to us porkers !  :D       Holiday going fine thanks MC  ..  always go away this time of year ..  been a busy Christmas and we always go after the Mrs gets her hospital results ...   either to celebrate good news or get over any bad.   Despite now having two nasties (all the X-rays and scans checking one probably helped bring about the other), this was a celebratory year !!  :)

• Like 2

Sat at home waiting for an Ambulance to pick me up and take me back to hospital [emoji20]
That's not fair, you can't have a head start on losing the weight. Cheat!

Get better soon mate. I hope the ambulance doesn't take long.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Yep, a good bug always helps as a sort of crash diet to us porkers !  [emoji3]       Holiday going fine thanks MC  ..  always go away this time of year ..  been a busy Christmas and we always go after the Mrs gets her hospital results ...   either to celebrate good news or get over any bad.   Despite now having two nasties (all the X-rays and scans checking one probably helped bring about the other), this was a celebratory year !!  [emoji4]
Good to hear. Give Mrs CF my love!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Oh mate, please don’t give up :cry:

You need to overcome this, stay strong pal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Get well soon izzy. hope you get this figured out. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the continued love and support everyone :)

Still stuck in A&E waiting to be seen and allocated a bed. A different hospital this time and more local.

The HNS in crisis does indeed seem to be the case here compared to where I was over Xmas.

What a completely different experience and chaos really.

The nurse eventually found a vein to put the cannula in and fair play to her doing it in the corridor with little light!

The good news is that I have unlimited gas and air on tap as they try and find a ward to dump me in...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Still stuck in A&E waiting to be seen and allocated a bed. A different hospital this time and more local.

The HNS in crisis does indeed seem to be the case here compared to where I was over Xmas.

The nurse eventually found a vein to put the cannula in and fair play to her doing it in the corridor with little light!

The good news is that I have unlimited gas and air on tap as they try and find a ward to dump me in...

lol

Every cloud, Izzy...

When my missus was in labour they hadn't got a delivery suite available, so they dumped her in the bath with a big tank of gas and air. Unfortunately, it made her nauseous so she opted for pethidine instead, which left me with the gas and air. Cracking stuff!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Oh no, so sorry to hear this :(

You're in the best place though, hopefully they'll fix you up soon and get this sorted, stay strong and positive, things will get better.

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2018 at 00:04, Dr The Singh said:

One week into my healthy lifestyle and no alcohol, and I'm struggling.

As i understand it.. its usually two weeks before a change becomes "normal" in the brain and body...good luck

On 06/01/2018 at 15:24, Buce said:

Yeah, it's not a new phenomenon. I get these periods from time to time where I'm exhausted through lack of sleep and I go to bed thinking I'm bound to sleep  - it's all I've wanted to do all day - but when bedtime comes, I'm just lying there unable to switch off. I came off here about 03.15, tried again, gave up trying after a couple of hours after realising there's no point any more because it's nearly time to get up. Today will be a day of poor concentration levels where I'm probably unfit to drive safely or do very much else that requires being alert, then tonight will be the same old.

Doctors on Monday.

If youre up late, PM me and ill talk about Veganmism or Animal rights... thatll send you right off :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

If youre up late, PM me and ill talk about Veganmism or Animal rights... thatll send you right off :)

Cheers, Oz. :)

I'm about 90% vegan myself, although it's largely through expediency because the Missus is a vegan. I only use plant milks now, but I have a weakness for cheese and eggs.

• Like 1