Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

That's great, shows your employer has the trust in you in being a valuable employee.

Must've an awful situation, initially.

What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

I work for British Gas, and I'm moving into customer relations. So more being shouted at, which I'm used to, but hopefully more job satisfaction in being able to resolve the customer's problem 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I work for British Gas, and I'm moving into customer relations. So more being shouted at, which I'm used to, but hopefully more job satisfaction in being able to resolve the customer's problem 

My gas smells, what you going to do about it? lol

• Haha 1

Working in China, Jet lag still having an effect, have the feeling of serious exhaustion but inability to sleep. Find Chinese restaurants a bit of a gauntlet, crossing the roads equally as bad!

Managed to get a stream of the city game last night which was enjoyable 

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Best walks around 5m we are at the normanton car park 

There is a footpath which circles the water, but it's about 20+ miles so it'll be a case of walking as far as you want then retracing your steps.

If you ever go in the summer there is a ferry which you can catch back across the water to reduce walking time but I doubt if it runs in the winter. You can also hire canoes but again probably not in winter. There are some great pubs in the surrounding villages - just google them.

44 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Well, I'm at work(voluntarily) at 6:30 am on Sunday. I slept exactly zero seconds so we'll see how well I do here.

Hopefully the egg mcmuffin and coffee I'm having will keep me upright for a few hours at least.

Mmmmm mcmuffin. Just woke up with my two sick kids next to me. We are in the process of moving house. Got our new place friday, moving into it tomorrow but been busy ripping carpet out over there,  taking small things over, packing over here and dealing with sick kids.

I could use that 2 can dine coupon for myself right now lol

Edited by Jattdogg

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Mmmmm mcmuffin. Just woke up with my two sick kids next to me. We are in the process of moving house. Got our new place friday, moving into it tomorrow but been busy ripping carpet out over there,  taking small things over, packing over here and dealing with sick kids.

I could use that 2 can dine coupon for myself right now lol

I probably could have used the "two for" too lol

Good luck with the moving!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buce said:

There is a footpath which circles the water, but it's about 20+ miles so it'll be a case of walking as far as you want then retracing your steps.

If you ever go in the summer there is a ferry which you can catch back across the water to reduce walking time but I doubt if it runs in the winter. You can also hire canoes but again probably not in winter. There are some great pubs in the surrounding villages - just google them.

Yeah we walked from the normanton car park to whitwell where we had lunch and walked back. About 8 miles but it was really nice.

• Like 1

Went to the Dubai desert classic. Li Hoatong nicked it from Rory Mcllroy in last few holes. Well more like Mcllroy threw it away, but fair play to Li really he kept his cool at the end... Good day out though. And not too big crowds so you get really up close. Having a seriously good Chinese golfer will probably do a lot for the sport over there. By the looks of it he could well win a major sooner or later.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Fecking rain!

Bloody quagmire round my place ....   and the inside of the house is covered in mud too off the dogs ...         lots of hoof marks this morning in some of the fields where the local hunt was out and about ...    apparently there was a bit of a skirmish between the pros and the antis on Saturday ...    Police got involved.

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Top day.

Mrs Buce has spent the last twenty years as a mental health nurse being regularly attacked by psychos and schizophrenics, so last week she interviewed for a different job - more money, more holiday entitlement, better working conditions, a ten minute walk instead of a half hour drive, and most importantly, no psychos.

They just rang and offered her the job. :D

Happy days mate. Great news. Well done Mrs Buce!! :appl:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Top day.

Mrs Buce has spent the last twenty years as a mental health nurse being regularly attacked by psychos and schizophrenics, so last week she interviewed for a different job - more money, more holiday entitlement, better working conditions, a ten minute walk instead of a half hour drive, and most importantly, no psychos.

Just the one psycho left in her life then ......         :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Buce said:

Top day.

It's heartening to hear you talk of the mentally ill as 'psychos' Buce. It appears that social stigma is still alive and well down your way. And this coming from a bloke who claims to suffer from depression himself?

Oh dear...

:o

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1