Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got a job interview tomorrow. Come out the blue tbh, a friend of mine got a new job and they asked him if he knew anyone else who might be interested in a project controls position. Might as well go to the interview and see what they have to offer. It's in Birmingham so would have to commute each day which would be a ball ache but will see if it would benefit me and the family.

Just been speaking with Talktalk on the phone because my internet is iffy atm. I'm sure the woman was Dutch. I thought Indian call centres were bad but I couldn't understand a word this girl was saying.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just been speaking with Talktalk on the phone because my internet is iffy atm. I'm sure the woman was Dutch. I thought Indian call centres were bad but I couldn't understand a word this girl was saying.

Good to hear that Steve McClaren is back in employment.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Need to brush up on your conversational Dutch mate :thumbup: 

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Do you own a Chinese takeaway ? 

:D ...   No ...     but sadly there's only 3 of the little perishers left now ....    which isn't that bad considering all the predators round here ...   for the crows and herons its like having a McDonalds on their doorstep ...   it takes them about 30 seconds to polish one of these little fellas off.

So Thursday I stopped at a cottage in nowheresville to find a particular house. It was one of those cottages with the front door at the back  (who designs these places lol?)

Anyway, it's nearly 8pm and I gingerly creep down the path and go round the corner and see the biggest fcucking dog I've ever seen lying down, just chilling out, I say dog, it was as big as a bear!

So, I just stand there in amazement looking at it and then...I run off as fast as a I can back to the gate! BearDog starts barking and begins the pursuit, meanwhile I slip over on the wet path and end up on my arse right by the gate. I get up and get out, meanwhile BearDog is just standing there about 20 yards away with a look of bemusement on it's face.

Never did find the house I was looking for !

Edited by Tuna

40 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So Thursday I stopped at a cottage in nowheresville to find a particular house. It was one of those cottages with the front door at the back  (who designs these places lol?)

Anyway, it's nearly 8pm and I gingerly creep down the path and go round the corner and see the biggest fcucking dog I've ever seen lying down, just chilling out, I say dog, it was as big as a bear!

So, I just stand there in amazement looking at it and then...I run off as fast as a I can back to the gate! BearDog starts barking and begins the pursuit, meanwhile I slip over on the wet path and end up on my arse right by the gate. I get up and get out, meanwhile BearDog is just standing there about 20 yards away with a look of bemusement on it's face.

Never did find the house I was looking for !

That'll be him ....    not that big you wuss !!   :)

images.jpg

• Like 1

13-year-old daughter has been leaping all round the house since yesterday evening.

She posted a pun on the YouTube site of "Dan and Phil" of "Dan and Phil" fame (I'm not clear exactly what they do - seems to be consumer/music/youth-based humour).

"Dan and Phil" pinned her post (I didn't mention that it might be someone working for them). Now she's had 300-odd replies and almost 20,000 likes. She's ecstatic.

A new generation of punsters is rising up! My existence had some purpose!

Proud paternalistic punster (and alliterator). :trumpet:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

13-year-old daughter has been leaping all round the house since yesterday evening.

She posted a pun on the YouTube site of "Dan and Phil" of "Dan and Phil" fame (I'm not clear exactly what they do - seems to be consumer/music/youth-based humour).

"Dan and Phil" pinned her post (I didn't mention that it might be someone working for them). Now she's had 300-odd replies and almost 20,000 likes. She's ecstatic.

S O F T A N D W H E A T

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Haha, I've just tried one of your style pun posts in the Mars thread 

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I was with you until YouTube, Alf, and then you started speaking in tongues.

Well done to little Alfette, for whatever it is she's done, though.

Very very quiet day today recovering from the night before ...    There were quite a few of us and boy did we shift some ale ...   Not an all-dayer but a solid 6 hour shift at 4 different pubs followed by wine, shots and more beer to wash the curry down  I'm feeling pretty rough but not as rough as Postman Pat who deposited the contents of his stomach on the pavement.   He was very cocky this morning but has subsequently had to return to his bed.  Lightweight.