Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Came back from another fine time in Chiddingfold in Surrey ....     what a lovely place !   No wonder 'money' likes to live in that area ...   my mate pointed out over 20 celebrity houses ...    and the Top Gear track,  Chris Evans pub, and Abramovitchs small gaff.    If you go there stay at the Crown pub ...    excellent. 

Five young Ravens nearly ready for flight ...    look at that frigging beak !   Watched a couple of days ago as one of the parents knocked a fully grown pigeon off a branch and ate it completely in 15 minutes ...   scary stuff !   :o 

P1000257.JPG

• Like 2

Had to take my mum to A&E the other night when she was doubled up with breathing pain. She's not the healthiest 52 year old and when they said that it might be a blood clot on the lung, it shit me up a bit. Turns out she's got pneumonia and she'll be fine. 

Going to London tomorrow to watch Bradford v Millwall and having a few beers in Chiswick after. Should be good. 

Just got home from tough mudder midlands at belvoir castle. First time I'd ever ran anything like this and it was brilliant from start to finish. 

Although i I did fall flat on my back on one obstacle knocked the wind out of me on maybe mile 3? Starting to feel it now I'm home. 

Would do it again and fully recommend although it is pricy

Edited by SystonFox
  • Like 1

Went on a mild trail to Hincley yesterday. Rained most of the time and now I have a stinking cold. Was going Barley Mow for dinner then Kings to see results come in and listen to City. Not in mood but need stuff in. Maybe better I never went Barley Mow pubs will be full.

Wore my City Champions shirt in case any Cov fans were about.

On 20/05/2017 at 19:20, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was in Tesco, South Wigston this afternoon yes... stop stalking me :scarf:

Celebs do their own shopping??? 

Edited by Raj

Got poker tonight. If it was not for it being a special charity event in memory of my brother I may have given it a miss because of my cold. Its not as bad as it was yesterday but still tickly cough and runny nose. Even off my beer. I only had half a pint and two whiskies yesterday.

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

Met Manish Bhasin briefly before the match. Appreciate the time he took for a picture despite being with his family :) 

He is a top bloke.

met him at Old Trafford when we drew 1-1 last season, he even took time for a picture. 

44 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Got poker tonight. If it was not for it being a special charity event in memory of my brother I may have given it a miss because of my cold. Its not as bad as it was yesterday but still tickly cough and runny nose. Even off my beer. I only had half a pint and two whiskies yesterday.

Hope the charity event goes well. It's never easy to lose a loved one. Get well soon too! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Met Manish Bhasin briefly before the match. Appreciate the time he took for a picture despite being with his family :) 

You met me too so you were really lucky!

On 16/05/2017 at 08:13, Devonfox1884 said:

I work at NEXT part-time alongside my studies - you wouldn't believe how often large furniture orders get messed up. Recently we've had a load of outdoor table and chair sets retuned for being non-waterproof lol

Who did you talk to about your bed, if it was the online guys they're awful - no help at all. If you haven't already, ring customer services on 0333 777 8000, they are, in fairness, normally very good and helpful. Failing that, go into your local branch, ask for the manager, and get them to call customer services in-store, it's funny how much more lenient they'll be with a store manager on the other end of the line :thumbup:

Many years ago I had delivered a bed and side tables that needed assembling from Next. 

The more I assembled them, the more I realised what a shoddy load of crap this stuff was.

Litteraly dumped it all out on the drive in what must have been 20 pieces and told them to pick the crap up.

It looked liked it just been thrown out of the window, but bless em, a day or so later the tat had been picked up and I was credited. 

Edited by Rob1742