Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

A quiock mention that on the 22nd May there will be a special charity poker night at the Kings Head as a memorial to my brother Gary. The entry fee will be a little more than usual. I do not have full details yet but will update when I can.

• Like 1

So tonight will be my 13th night on the sofa as NEXT have for a 3rd time f****** up the delivery of my daughters new bed. 1st delivery they called the night before to say it wasn't coming, 2nd delivery it just didn't show up and today the 3rd delivery we have a mattress and no bed lol. Just have to laugh.

Now we are told the bed is 15 weeks lollollol 

We ordered the Sml Dbl bed which NEXT have said they will upgrade it to the Dbl bed at no extra cost (still 15 weeks), ermmmmm No you wont as they BOTH COST THE SAME lollollol Absolute morons.

So now need to look at getting a different bed. Ive told the wife not to cancel the order as we will get a discount off the order once it is finally resolved.

So my daughter for a 3rd time is going to be gutted that her new bed isn't here.

It's a good job the sofa is comfortable.

Anybody else had issues with NEXT delivery?

Update on the poker charity night. The details are on this Facebook page that has been set up by the Kings. Hoping to have ore than the usual players and maybe have a raffle on the night. All proceeds (minus prize money) going to Melu charity.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1908517789416384/?notif_t=plan_admin_added&notif_id=1494457185898212

Would this be better in a separate thread?

Currently sat on a London Midland train back home. Haven't paid for a single beer yet have been on the piss since 2pm. I regard this as an excellent days work. Even if my bronze chinos have raised a few questions :ph34r:.

On a serious note, any other Midlands lads feel like a fish out of water working in London lol?

7 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Currently sat on a London Midland train back home. Haven't paid for a single beer yet have been on the piss since 2pm. I regard this as an excellent days work. Even if my bronze chinos have raised a few questions :ph34r:.

On a serious note, any other Midlands lads feel like a fish out of water working in London lol?

I've been working in London for 18 years, you'll get used to it

On 10/05/2017 at 13:47, kingcarr21 said:

So tonight will be my 13th night on the sofa as NEXT have for a 3rd time f****** up the delivery of my daughters new bed. 1st delivery they called the night before to say it wasn't coming, 2nd delivery it just didn't show up and today the 3rd delivery we have a mattress and no bed lol. Just have to laugh.

We ordered the Sml Dbl bed which NEXT have said they will upgrade it to the Dbl bed at no extra cost (still 15 weeks), ermmmmm No you wont as they BOTH COST THE SAME lollollol Absolute morons.

So now need to look at getting a different bed. Ive told the wife not to cancel the order as we will get a discount off the order once it is finally resolved.

So my daughter for a 3rd time is going to be gutted that her new bed isn't here.

John Lewis 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

London is an odd place. 

I both love and hate working up there. I'm not that far away but my commute is terrible and I detest that part

im intrigued by the bronze chinos. 

Re the charity Poker night Monday 22nd May at the Kings Head.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1908517789416384/ 

The entry fee will be £10. £3 (proposed) going to the charity. John Davis the landlord is adding a £30 beer/drink voucher to the prize. There will also be a proposed raffle ahd for non poker players a couple of the regulars will be arranging Snap and Happy Families as an alternative. Details from the above link. Look out for updates. Just post if you are interested in going.

On 5/10/2017 at 12:14, Merging Cultures said:

Went to the dentist today.

Now I'm drinking the pain away.

Oh yeah and Trump.

Hi MC, hows yer gob ? ...   better I hope.

Interesting point you've made though.     I haven't been to the dentist but I've been practising drinking the pain away all weekend just in case ...    think I've got the hang of it now but just to be on the safe side I'll give it another go next week.     Cheers for the advice buddy ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Hi MC, hows yer gob ? ...   better I hope.

Interesting point you've made though.     I haven't been to the dentist but I've been practising drinking the pain away all weekend just in case ...    think I've got the hang of it now but just to be on the safe side I'll give it another go next week.     Cheers for the advice buddy ...   :thumbup:

Apparently it also helps to trump..

..so maybe some kind of fizzy lager? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Apparently it also helps to trump..

..so maybe some kind of fizzy lager? 

Yes I wondered about that abstract Trump comment ...   I thought that maybe drink was kicking in and MC's brain had become addled ...    or he'd been bitten by one of those nasty disease ridden insect things that inhabit the African continent ...    :unsure:

Holiday today.
A sunny 26/27° Celsius day.

Drinking a couple beers with this view in front.. for free.
:)

I live a few thousand km's from Leicester City FC stadium and a 100km from Sporting CP ('José Alvalade') stadium..
But it's not that bad living here..
c692d74302ce13031ab2622d8932a027.jpg

• Like 1

On our retirement holiday in Dubai, missus gone to bed sunburn and the Eartha's, on third bottle of Tempranillo, not sure if I will make Chelsea game, but who cares....

Looking forward to game on Thursday, quite a few Londoners here, got to be a few spuds to gently wind up. Sat with a Palace and Arsenal fan last few days who thought I was a southern boy, but eventually put them right. Can't wait for Thursday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoyJones said:

On our retirement holiday in Dubai, missus gone to bed sunburn and the Eartha's, on third bottle of Tempranillo, not sure if I will make Chelsea game, but who cares....

Looking forward to game on Thursday, quite a few Londoners here, got to be a few spuds to gently wind up. Sat with a Palace and Arsenal fan last few days who thought I was a southern boy, but eventually put them right. Can't wait for Thursday. 

Enjoy.Wont see you Thursday.Shame.

On 10/05/2017 at 13:47, kingcarr21 said:

I work at NEXT part-time alongside my studies - you wouldn't believe how often large furniture orders get messed up. Recently we've had a load of outdoor table and chair sets retuned for being non-waterproof lol

Who did you talk to about your bed, if it was the online guys they're awful - no help at all. If you haven't already, ring customer services on 0333 777 8000, they are, in fairness, normally very good and helpful. Failing that, go into your local branch, ask for the manager, and get them to call customer services in-store, it's funny how much more lenient they'll be with a store manager on the other end of the line :thumbup:

I'm back. :D

The security at Dalaman airport was horrendous. Everyone's cases were xrayed entering the airport, everyone frisked, then the same at passport control and then we were all frisked and our hand luggage searched at the departure gate. It made the plane 40 minutes late taking off and you have a night flight that's the last thing you want.

28 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I work at NEXT part-time alongside my studies - you wouldn't believe how often large furniture orders get messed up. Recently we've had a load of outdoor table and chair sets retuned for being non-waterproof lol

Who did you talk to about your bed, if it was the online guys they're awful - no help at all. If you haven't already, ring customer services on 0333 777 8000, they are, in fairness, normally very good and helpful. Failing that, go into your local branch, ask for the manager, and get them to call customer services in-store, it's funny how much more lenient they'll be with a store manager on the other end of the line :thumbup:

I worked for the Next home department 9 years ago. I lasted 9 months before all the bullshit calls start to grind on you. I remember exactly how it was lol. We currently have a spare bed to use for the time being so I'm off the sofa now lol