Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

got banned for a week on Sunday but someone must have taken pity on me lol 

You got banned? lol I've never seen you post anything offensive!

Plus aren't you a mod? Can mods get banned?

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You got banned? lol I've never seen you post anything offensive!

Plus aren't you a mod? Can mods get banned?

For that Puel Sacked thread (with a link inside to his Saints sacking) which eventually got deleted. Apparently it was 'many wind up posts, today's sealed the ban'. I didn't even get a warning lol. Just a straight up week ban.

I've been a 'mod' for years but never actually done anything staff-related. Think they just never took the title/label away.

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

hes lying to get attention, just like that time "had" shingles

lollol 

I'd show you pictures but they're gross.

Edited by StanSP

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

For that Puel Sacked thread (with a link inside to his Saints sacking) which eventually got deleted. Apparently it was 'many wind up posts, today's sealed the ban'. I didn't even get a warning lol. Just a straight up week ban.

I've been a 'mod' for years but never actually done anything staff-related. Think they just never took the title/label away.

lollol 

Ah didn't do much FTing over the weekend so missed it all lol

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

lollol 

i called Puel a cheese eating surrender monkey a few weeks back, so **** knows what you must have done

Another day of failing to revise for my next two exams. Had my first last Wednesday and it went terrific. These two are going to be terrible probably going to sacrifice the second one to give myself a chance in the first. This damn weather, the fact the topics are largely uninteresting, and my laziness really have got in the way.

16 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Another day of failing to revise for my next two exams. Had my first last Wednesday and it went terrific. These two are going to be terrible probably going to sacrifice the second one to give myself a chance in the first. This damn weather, the fact the topics are largely uninteresting, and my laziness really have got in the way.

You still at uni? I thought you had dropped out

21 minutes ago, Wookie said:

You still at uni? I thought you had dropped out

I left open the chance to do the exams I didn't do anyway. But yeah went back. Basically my academic advisor encouraged me to write to the uni's board detailing the difficulties I'd had that year and the problems I identified with the uni as a result. We have a new director who actually seems bothered about student experience, she spoke to the department, I had a long meeting with the department where I decided to not quit and they offered me the chance to be part of a new committee of students to work directly with the Directors on student experience and welfare which has been great.  

• Like 2

Up near Inverness at the minute and decided to drive to Fort William. That then turned to **** it I’ll climb Ben Nevis.

Starts off pretty bright, then spitting, then about an hour from the top gets heavier. I end up 20 minutes from the top in about 2 feet of snow and a complete white out. Poor dogs lol.

I didn’t dry out in the two hour drive back.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Up near Inverness at the minute and decided to drive to Fort William. That then turned to **** it I’ll climb Ben Nevis.

Starts off pretty bright, then spitting, then about an hour from the top gets heavier. I end up 20 minutes from the top in about 2 feet of snow and a complete white out. Poor dogs lol.

I didn’t dry out in the two hour drive back.

I was near Inverness over the weekend. If you like walking get a train to Achneshaheen. It's a beautiful journey and there are some great hikes from the railway station.

I also appreciated the pints of ale in the local 'spoons for 2.20. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

I was near Inverness over the weekend. If you like walking get a train to Achneshaheen. It's a beautiful journey and there are some great hikes from the railway station.

I also appreciated the pints of ale in the local 'spoons for 2.20. 

Nice one, stunning up here isn’t it.

I’ll check that out tonight, no plans for tomorrow.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one, stunning up here isn’t it.

I’ll check that out tonight, no plans for tomorrow.

Yeah I try to get up there as much as I can. Some of the off the beaten track hikes are incredibly beautiful and you hardly meet anyone walking save for the odd fifty year old French hiker who's given it all up to walk across the World. 

Morvich is another base for some incredible walks and there's a bus there from Inverness I think, you have to get out at Alt na Chruinn, walk to the village and then there are several hikes into the wilderness. Glen Affric is also stunning and I think you can get to it from a road turning away from Loch Ness. Check out walkhighlands website, they've got descriptions of hundreds of walks along with maps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah I try to get up there as much as I can. Some of the off the beaten track hikes are incredibly beautiful and you hardly meet anyone walking save for the odd fifty year old French hiker who's given it all up to walk across the World. 

Morvich is another base for some incredible walks and there's a bus there from Inverness I think, you have to get out at Alt na Chruinn, walk to the village and then there are several hikes into the wilderness. Glen Affric is also stunning and I think you can get to it from a road turning away from Loch Ness. Check out walkhighlands website, they've got descriptions of hundreds of walks along with maps.

If I go I’ll drive I think but cheers for the recommendations.

We are staying near Ord Hill or something like that, went for a walk around there last night and some stunning views of Inverness and the bridge.

Dogs are nakered bless them, 25 miles in 2 days.

9 minutes ago, Milo said:

Just spent 7 hours playing a round of golf...was in the worlds slowest 4 ball

and it was very hot

7 hours, ffs... 

Personally I think the government is to blame ...              TORIES OUT !!!!!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, Milo said:

Just spent 7 hours playing a round of golf...was in the worlds slowest 4 ball

and it was very hot

7 hours, ffs... 

That's mental.

Longest round I've ever had is 5.5 hours and that was torture.

7 hours is insane! 

On 07/05/2018 at 19:58, Merging Cultures said:

A friend of my wife just posted on FB that her child 'graduated' pre-K. 

wow. I just don't get it. Americans and their graduation stuff is ridiculous.

Our son had a little graduation ceremony from nursery and he loved it.  Why not?

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's mental.

Longest round I've ever had is 5.5 hours and that was torture.

7 hours is insane! 

Tee off at 11 and got in just after 6pm...must be some sort of course record...

It was a 4 ball with 3 half decent players and one other. One of the guys had played 9 holes before joining us for the tee time...so he was flagging by about 2ish. Just a crap round. Let 2 two balls through on one hole lol

Anyway - glass of wine a 3-1 win and some after-sun and I'm a bit happier...sure I'll feel it tomorrow, though 

• Like 1

From the waist down every part of me hurts from yesterday, my right need is ruined and needs checking out. Walking down a mountain on slippy rocks with a husky pulling you down isn’t the best thing for dodgy knees.

Driving across to the Isle of Skye today.