Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 4/22/2018 at 08:52, promised land said:

Back when it last snowed I found rat footprints on my patio, pest control came and put poison everywhere, I went out and bought some Fenn traps to put in boxes to catch the critters.

Got one this morning the size of a kitten!

Poking it’s head out of the box. 

026A8970-FAAD-4B7E-B2A5-2F2EC7441580.jpeg

Just this minute found one in the garage we are clearing ...   just having a quick tea break whilst the lads sort it ...   :whistle:

Lot bigger than that little thing ...

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Finally got the phone call today to offer me the job I was interviewed for around a month ago. So pleased, I've been doing the same thing for 7 years now and with numerous changes it was getting more and more difficult.

Congrats. Killing gigantic rats will be fun!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Just this minute found one in the garage we are clearing ...   just having a quick tea break whilst the lads sort it ...   :whistle:

Lot bigger than that little thing ...

That Roland was around a foot long in the body, the fenn trap jaws are about 6 inches in length. I rebaited last night and it’s gone today, trap didn’t go off though, intelligent things they are, I’ll persevere. 

FAC7A1CC-1D4E-451F-A5D1-8E5439F2D37A.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, promised land said:

That Roland was around a foot long in the body, the fenn trap jaws are about 6 inches in length. I rebaited last night and it’s gone today, trap didn’t go off though, intelligent things they are, I’ll persevere. 

Eeew, that looks bigger than my cat! 

40 minutes ago, promised land said:

Farty little thing ! ...   my mate managed to get a pic of the one in the garage as it made a dash for freedom ...

91D90C01-01C0-4280-A06B-AF91CBF772DA.jpeg

4 hours ago, promised land said:

You should leave it there to decompose, to tell other pests like it to stay away from the area.

But my Stepfather used to have a farm with a few barns, and the level of mice at one point was quite big especially during the last summer he was there that the pest control team had to come in and investigate why the traps weren't working anynore and advised him to buy some automatically-timed spray during certain day periods within the barn, which would poison them and make them leave quickly.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

You should leave it there to decompose, to tell other pests like it to stay away from the area.

Years ago when I was a kid, my Gran (who was a farmer's wife) trapped a massive fvck off rat similar to the one above.

Rather than leaving it to decompose, she decided to throw it on the open fire in their living room instead.

I've never smelt a stench like it but she didn't give a shit. That's country folk for ya! :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Years ago when I was a kid, my Gran (who was a farmer's wife) trapped a massive fvck off rat similar to the one above.

Rather than leaving it to decompose, she decided to throw it on the open fire in their living room instead.

I've never smelt a stench like it but she didn't give a shit. That's country folk for ya! :D

You learn something new every day etc..

I remember my Stepfather picking a few mice up on a couple of occasions, hiding them in his hands and pretended to throw it towards my Mother when she was just a few feet away. Can remember/imagine how hysterical she was at the time as she's probably the most anti-pest individual you could find.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

good pints the other day though talking about womens and soccer

ffs man that was legit the other day feels like aba a month ago. 

we should do it again some time sweet cheeks x 

5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I had a nice day yesterday, we went to the High Commissioner's Residence to celebrate the Queen's birthday and the birth of the Prince. All very lovely.

Prince charles could be the ultimate party MC. Hip hip hip! lol

2 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Back home again after my second bout of pneumonia this year. Long term stays  in Stoke Manderville hospital , due to collapsed right lung.

It's great to be "free" again.

Glad to hear you're on the mend DT.