Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

From the waist down every part of me hurts from yesterday, my right need is ruined and needs checking out. Walking down a mountain on slippy rocks with a husky pulling you down isn’t the best thing for dodgy knees.

Driving across to the Isle of Skye today.

Do you not use walking poles?

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Do you not use walking poles?

I’m not going to lie mate I had no plans on actually climbing the thing lol so no. Still in stitches about getting to the blizzard conditions and two old woman emerging from the clouds being blown down the mountain with full gear and there’s me in my trackie bottoms.

100% buying some for the 3 Peaks though.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

From the waist down every part of me hurts from yesterday, my right need is ruined and needs checking out. Walking down a mountain on slippy rocks with a husky pulling you down isn’t the best thing for dodgy knees.

Driving across to the Isle of Skye today.

Nice one. Good local ales on at the Sligachan hotel in the Cuillin mountains and excellent seafood shack in Kyle on the way back. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I’m not going to lie mate I had no plans on actually climbing the thing lol so no. Still in stitches about getting to the blizzard conditions and two old woman emerging from the clouds being blown down the mountain with full gear and there’s me in my trackie bottoms.

100% buying some for the 3 Peaks though.

Yeah, you should.

As well as aiding stability, they reduce stress on your knees by something like 30% - I wouldn't be without them in the mountains.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice morning/afternoon on Skye. I drove to somewhere called Neist Point to try and see Whales but no joy, stunning place though.

5EFAA238-AE82-4EDA-B362-275561B15992.jpeg

Shit day drove to Neist point to see if I could see a couple of huskies, nonjoy instead saw plenty of whales..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice morning/afternoon on Skye. I drove to somewhere called Neist Point to try and see Whales but no joy, stunning place though.

5EFAA238-AE82-4EDA-B362-275561B15992.jpeg

Whales is too far south to see from there, mate...

We have embarked on a series of home improvements. Yesterday we had our new log burner installed in the lounge (always fancied one of them) and in 6 weeks we are having a revolutionary new style of roof put on the conservatory which, if all the reports are true, means it can genuinely be used all year round. It ain’t cheap, but it’s meant to be extremely good. PM me if you want any info.

In the meantime, here’s the burner:

80C427F4-E837-4A32-A5DE-85D7CA0450FB.jpeg

028D1A2F-8FB1-4136-BC57-AE80B892EAF3.jpeg

The lounge gets decorated next week. 

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We have embarked on a series of home improvements. Yesterday we had our new log burner installed in the lounge (always fancied one of them) and in 6 weeks we are having a revolutionary new style of roof put on the conservatory which, if all the reports are true, means it can genuinely be used all year round. It ain’t cheap, but it’s meant to be extremely good. PM me if you want any info.

Really miss not having a log burner.

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

First time we’ve had one mate. Me and the mrs love staying in during the winter watching Sky, so to get one of these beauts was always on the agenda.

They can be quite expensive to run in the winter but well worth it. Don’t buy the crappy logs from B and Q or anywhere like that, try and find someone who will deliver a massive sack full. Better wood and cheaper.

34 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

They can be quite expensive to run in the winter but well worth it. Don’t buy the crappy logs from B and Q or anywhere like that, try and find someone who will deliver a massive sack full. Better wood and cheaper.

Can you burn coal in it too? The one before our latest was coal and wood. Not sure what the difference needs to be in the burner for it to be able to burn both? 

1 minute ago, Rob1742 said:

Can you burn coal in it too? The one before our latest was coal and wood. Not sure what the difference needs to be in the burner for it to be able to burn both? 

The difference isn’t in the burner, it’s in the chimney liner..and yes ours is ‘multi-fuel”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

What's this roof then Col? I ask out of professional curiosity..

Bought this today, initially for the kids, but I think I’ll have more fun with it than they will :D

Not it quite like I remember it, though. Bases made of plastic and can’t swerve them like the old days!

Still, just spent an enjoyable couple of hours

A5969A2B-F8EB-45EA-A0C7-49C27E549DD8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/05/2018 at 22:04, Col city fan said:

The difference isn’t in the burner, it’s in the chimney liner..and yes ours is ‘multi-fuel”

Do you have to have it swept yearly like normal chimneys?

You'd be surprised how many have open fire and burners now, I’m a site joiner and we hardly ever have to clean up all the off cuts as other trades swarm around for their fires at home. If you know any joiners near you ask them as CLS (studwork timber) is apparently very good to burn.

On 10/05/2018 at 20:53, Col city fan said:

We got one too a couple of months ago ...    great decision ...    and I’ve got plenty of wood ..   :thumbup:

On 10/05/2018 at 22:04, Col city fan said:

I think a woodburner burns wood more efficiently but a multi fuel gives you more options ...   

A3FD0790-1C0E-4948-A988-BD1ABAE17ADC.jpeg

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Enjoying possibly the last weekend just it being my girlfriend and I. On Tuesday she will be 37 weeks pregnant so it could be any day from then on really.

Make the most of it :) Congratulations and good luck 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Flying home tonight, as usual its the best day since we've been here.

Absolute scorcher here in Leicester, Webbo. I'd take another week off, sunning yourself on the Costa del Soar. :D

• Like 1