Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fine that's your choice.  The staff at the station shouldn't have to put up with you being a total child though.  I mean how embarrassing must your behaviour have been to get kicked out of a train station?  Bloody hell lol 

You're dramatising it now. I was annoyed but not irate, the guy just got fed up of going round in circles for 15 minutes cos he didn't address anything  i said so asked me to leave. Happily say I was being somewhat unreasonable. 

Only found out after that station is owned by different so that's why he just didn't care what I had to say.

6 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

You're dramatising it now. I was annoyed but not irate, the guy just got fed up of going round in circles for 15 minutes cos he didn't address anything  i said so asked me to leave. Happily say I was being somewhat unreasonable. 

Only found out after that station is owned by different so that's why he just didn't care what I had to say.

Tbf that's not as bad as you first made it sound, I'll give you that.  Even so, what are you hoping to gain from arguing about your train being delayed?  You can't honestly think the bloke at the kiosk or whatever has any control over the situation.

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbf that's not as bad as you first made it sound, I'll give you that.  Even so, what are you hoping to gain from arguing about your train being delayed?  You can't honestly think the bloke at the kiosk or whatever has any control over the situation.

I didn't say I got irate or anything but fair. I didn't set out to achieve anything but I don't see why being frustrated over being stuck on a train and it's delay scuppering your plans is such an issue because some folk at Great Northern seemingly have no understanding of how to run a railway. I feel sorry for the poor folk that go through it everyday. It's not like I had anything else to do at that point anyway.

On 13/07/2018 at 20:18, Kopfkino said:

Rubbish. Was heading to Newmarket, Great Northern can't run a ****ing railway so ended up delayed over an hour meaning wouldn't get there before even the 2nd race. Got angry so got asked to leave Cambridge station, so decided to mill around Cambridge for a bit but it's a rubbish city so went to see Incredibles 2 which was decent. Came back and got absolutely drenched walking back from the tube.

You were probably near the best part for back street boozers.Brilliant pubs within 10 minutes walk of the station.

sink a few and return after putting your bets on for the first 2 races.Sorted!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

A ten year old boy got hit and killed by a lorry outside of where I was working today, in Wisbech. Still pretty shocked tbh.

Bloody awful mate.Tragic.

Did hear about it.Was it near the entrance to the industrial Estate?

Go there quite a bit.

Hope your ok mate.

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

Bloody awful mate.Tragic.

Did hear about it.Was it near the entrance to the industrial Estate?

Go there quite a bit.

Hope your ok mate.

Yeah it was. I didn’t see the incident fortunately, just the aftermath. Which was horrific enough.

Busy road with huge freight so close to a school is a recipe for tragedy really.

12 hours ago, bovril said:

Everyone's a liberal til they've been mugged.

Everyone's nice to staff until they've used Great Northern. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I thought it was South Western? 

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

East Midlands Trains? 

Virgin.

Virgin everything.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:18, Kopfkino said:

Rubbish. Was heading to Newmarket, Great Northern can't run a ****ing railway so ended up delayed over an hour meaning wouldn't get there before even the 2nd race. Got angry so got asked to leave Cambridge station, so decided to mill around Cambridge for a bit but it's a rubbish city so went to see Incredibles 2 which was decent. Came back and got absolutely drenched walking back from the tube.

If you were delayed an hour and it was a prebooked (i.e. set time) ticket, then you should be able to claim back the full cost. Not sure secifically how it works for GNR but that's usually the case.

Pretty sure if you're forced to make other travel arrangements because they can't provide the service you paid for, they're also obligated to cover the costs of that (meaning you could've got the taxi/bus). Certainly worked that way for me when I had to catch a bus instead of a train because of the Notts station fire.

Not a brilliant day - one of my clients, Gaucho, went bust. They owe £50 million, £4k of that is to me :mad:

I'm sure I don't feel as bad as the decent people in the company that are now without a job, though. Not nice.

• Sad 1

Urgent product recall! After two bottles of wine this item becomes totally invisible. Had it been switched on I'd be singing falsetto for the rest of my life. It was quite decent but I wouldn't say I was a big fan!

image.thumb.jpeg.09498153e4667ceabe276af0c074d779.jpeg

That's how my day has been! Shit day at work, thought I'd chear myself up and sods law even that goes pear shaped! Keep your sofa to fridge path clear!

There has to be a plastic fan joke in there somewhere?

Spent the weekend installing hardwood floors in my family room (about 200 sq feet). Never done it before but its not too hard at all. I have 2 rows left near a gas fireplace so the tricky bit is yet to come. I will figure it out. I do have to say that  i'd make a terrible jail biatch (and totally am an office worker) as my knees are shot even with quality knee pads.  Putting the weight on them knees all weekend takes its toll. 

Just woke up for work and if i wasnt going to be having surgery next week on my shoulder would have totally  called in sick and gone for some massage sessions with a hot thai/chinese lady (no lady boys) and got  a happy ending of course.

Edited by Jattdogg

15 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Spent the weekend installing hardwood floors in my family room (about 200 sq feet). Never done it before but its not too hard at all. I have 2 rows left near a gas fireplace so the tricky bit is yet to come. I will figure it out. I do have to say that  i'd make a terrible jail biatch (and totally am an office worker) as my knees are shot even with quality knee pads.  Putting the weight on them knees all weekend takes its toll. 

Just woke up for work and if i wasnt going to be having surgery next week on my shoulder would have totally  called in sick and gone for some massage sessions with a hot thai/chinese lady (no lady boys) and got  a happy ending of course.