Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I use voice record on my work phone, whilst talking on loud speaker on my private phone.

I think it can be done with one phone but it’s difficult to then play it back to them. Honestly mate I had plusnet tied in knots. The supervisor (he had the right hump) asked if I had permission to record them, I rewound it to their on hold message and played him their own prerecorded message saying that they record all phone calls for training etc. I said permission isn’t required because it’s already pre-agreed.

Oh, I thought you were going to tell me about a really useful app. 

Yeah, it’s a nice feeling sticking it to the bastards - they rely on people being too timid to stand up for themselves. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Webbo said:

Just spent 2 hours arguing with Talktalk. They tried to sneak up my monthly payment from £28.50 a month to £32.70. I only agreed a new contract a few months ago. In the end they offered me 12 months at £27.50 a month. Don't let the bastards get away with it, always argue.

I had a right result with Virgin Media last month. Initially I joined on a 12 month contract with Full House TV for £55 p/m rising to £70, but my plan was always to downgrade. I threatened to leave and they said they'd reduce it to £58 but couldn't do any better. I saw that PlusNet had a deal for £38, so I rang up again and said £58 is still too high and now I'm paying £42 for 12 months.

I only signed up to the £55p/m deal because of the £250 I got through TopCashback. 

• Like 1

I decided to step out of my comfort zone today and post a video on LinkedIn. Very unlike me and a bit spur of the moment. The idea being I raise my profile a bit and hope to reconnect with some old clients and contacts.

So I do the video and somehow manage to upload it (a big step for a technophobe like me!) Then I wait for it to appear on my timeline and recent activity - but nothing. So I figure it hasn't worked properly so I do it all again. Then they both appear and people start to 'like' and 'comment' on one of the video posts but not the other. I'm still happy because it's getting a bit of traction although I've fvcked up a bit :rolleyes:

Then lo and behold the duplicate post with all the likes and comments gets deleted and I'm left with the one that no fvcker has seen :mad:

Oh well never mind. I appreciate 99.9% of you won't give a shit about this but it was huge leap for mankind for me to join the social media revolution :giggle:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I decided to step out of my comfort zone today and post a video on LinkedIn. Very unlike me and a bit spur of the moment. The idea being I raise my profile a bit and hope to reconnect with some old clients and contacts.

So I do the video and somehow manage to upload it (a big step for a technophobe like me!) Then I wait for it to appear on my timeline and recent activity - but nothing. So I figure it hasn't worked properly so I do it all again. Then they both appear and people start to 'like' and 'comment' on one of the video posts but not the other. I'm still happy because it's getting a bit of traction although I've fvcked up a bit :rolleyes:

Then lo and behold the duplicate post with all the likes and comments gets deleted and I'm left with the one that no fvcker has seen :mad:

Oh well never mind. I appreciate 99.9% of you won't give a shit about this but it was huge leap for mankind for me to join the social media revolution :giggle:

i dont know how linked in works, but post a note under the new video explaining that, it will bump it up and get it noticed

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i dont know how linked in works, but post a note under the new video explaining that, it will bump it up and get it noticed

Nice tip, thanks man :thumbup:

I guess I wasn't patient enough to give the first one time to upload properly so I did it again. Lesson learned :)

Had a couple of dotty old lady Jehovah's Witnesses come into our workplace today trying to recruit me. Despite me looking completely disinterest they insisted on giving me the lowdown on the latest issue of The Watchtower. "This issue is about whether God cares about you. What do you think?", one of them said. Was tempted to reply with, "Probably not seen as God doesn't exist", but couldn't bring myself to be rude to them so instead just said, "Hadn't really thought about it". Wish I could be more assertive and tell people to get lost, but I don't really have it in me.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Had a couple of dotty old lady Jehovah's Witnesses come into our workplace today trying to recruit me. Despite me looking completely disinterest they insisted on giving me the lowdown on the latest issue of The Watchtower. "This issue is about whether God cares about you. What do you think?", one of them said. Was tempted to reply with, "Probably not seen as God doesn't exist", but couldn't bring myself to be rude to them so instead just said, "Hadn't really thought about it". Wish I could be more assertive and tell people to get lost, but I don't really have it in me.

There's nothing wrong with being polite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Give them a big smile and tell them you’re a haemophiliac 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Good on ya mate. Telling people to ‘get lost’ isn’t being assertive, it’s being aggressive - there’s a difference.

I’m sure the two old ladies get tons of abuse on a daily basis and at least you gave them the courtesy of a few minutes of your time. 

You may not agree with their beliefs but they’re only doing what they believe is their purpose in life and I for one respect that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good weekend. Had a mate visiting so went to The Donkey on Welford Road for the first time in ages - twice, in fact. Two good bands Saturday night, one decent enough on Sunday evening.

Will hopefully get me back into the habit of going there. Haven't been going much since I've been solo and sober, but I do like it in there & they have some decent bands at a fair price.

Also took my mate down to the King Richard III Visitor Centre: highly recommended, for anyone in Leicester who's not been. Very informative, about Richard's life and particularly about the different phases of his discovery & identification.

If anything, I'd have liked a bit more info about his life before he was king and during his brief reign (seems to have been quite an enlightened monarch, while he had the chance). But that's carping. It's very good overall - imaginatively presented and makes good use of tech / special effects without being too gimmicky - and probably just about the right tour length.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

My daughter came home from school today and informed me that Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing is all about a woman's vagina.

I have no words.

Well the 'Nothing' bit kinda is :D

Another motif is the play on the words nothing and noting, which in Shakespeare's day were near-homophones.[16] Taken literally, the title implies that a great fuss ("much ado") is made of something which is insignificant ("nothing"), such as the unfounded claims of Hero's infidelity and the unfounded claims that Benedick and Beatrice are in love with one another. The title could also be understood as Much Ado About Noting. Much of the action is in interest in and critique of others, written messages, spying, and eavesdropping. This is mentioned several times, particularly concerning "seeming," "fashion," and outward impressions. Nothing is a double entendre; "an O-thing" (or "n othing" or "no thing") was Elizabethan slang for "vagina", evidently derived from the pun of a woman having "nothing" between her legs.[4][17][18]

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well the 'Nothing' bit kinda is :D

Another motif is the play on the words nothing and noting, which in Shakespeare's day were near-homophones.[16] Taken literally, the title implies that a great fuss ("much ado") is made of something which is insignificant ("nothing"), such as the unfounded claims of Hero's infidelity and the unfounded claims that Benedick and Beatrice are in love with one another. The title could also be understood as Much Ado About Noting. Much of the action is in interest in and critique of others, written messages, spying, and eavesdropping. This is mentioned several times, particularly concerning "seeming," "fashion," and outward impressions. Nothing is a double entendre; "an O-thing" (or "n othing" or "no thing") was Elizabethan slang for "vagina", evidently derived from the pun of a woman having "nothing" between her legs.[4][17][18]

Look at you edumacating the masses with google skills

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Look at you edumacating the masses with google skills

You'll never edumacate the masses until you learn to spell properly :D

Edit: you did that on purpose didn't you :unsure:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 1