Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason, so maybe you were supposed to screw this interview up and not get the job because you're destined for something else instead.

Just my belief but it helps me get through each day :)

I second this.

Doesn't matter  how much your prepare every interview is slightly different (or majorly). I find its more about execution and being on point on the given day. I know within  the first 2 to 5 minutes that im not getting a job based off of how im responding and the cues the interviewers are giving off. Its cringeworthy at times but it just preps you for the right job.

Keep at it and the right job will find you.

Now back to me meds.

Things still bumbling along re my dad. Power of attorney paperwork all signed up and ready to be sent off shortly which will help put things in order for dad.

on a separate note, Work being shite as always, shift change today for example 6pm-3am tomorrow 5pm-3am then on Sunday 3pm-midnight!!!! Fvckers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Things still bumbling along re my dad. Power of attorney paperwork all signed up and ready to be sent off shortly which will help put things in order for dad.

on a separate note, Work being shite as always, shift change today for example 6pm-3am tomorrow 5pm-3am then on Sunday 3pm-midnight!!!! Fvckers

Good luck with the Dad stuff. In my experience, with these progressive illnesses, it's a case of trying to remain patient, getting on with the rest of your life and playing it as a long game while being alert to changes in the short-term.

Also remembering that any difficult behaviour or distressing changes are the illness, not the person - obvious though that might seem.

One thing that I found useful when my Dad was in decline was identifying those helpful professionals who were prepared to coordinate others - and then leaning on them.

You might encounter a different situation, but I found that beyond a certain point, a ridiculous number of different health/care professionals and teams got involved. That can be exhausting to coordinate as the person overseeing it - and can be annoying and confusing for the person with the health condition. I found it very useful when I could just deal with 2 or 3 professionals who were prepared to liaise with and coordinate others....

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Good luck with the Dad stuff. In my experience, with these progressive illnesses, it's a case of trying to remain patient, getting on with the rest of your life and playing it as a long game while being alert to changes in the short-term.

Also remembering that any difficult behaviour or distressing changes are the illness, not the person - obvious though that might seem.

One thing that I found useful when my Dad was in decline was identifying those helpful professionals who were prepared to coordinate others - and then leaning on them.

You might encounter a different situation, but I found that beyond a certain point, a ridiculous number of different health/care professionals and teams got involved. That can be exhausting to coordinate as the person overseeing it - and can be annoying and confusing for the person with the health condition. I found it very useful when I could just deal with 2 or 3 professionals who were prepared to liaise with and coordinate others....

Thanks @Alf Bentley

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone else noticed a weird amount of people still amble around leicester centre seemingly playing Pokemon? Creeps me out.

Shouldn't creep you out anymore than people sat at home playing fortnite or some other such trash. 

At least they are outside and moving. :thumbup:

Just now, Innovindil said:

Shouldn't creep you out anymore than people sat at home playing fortnite or some other such trash. 

At least they are outside and moving. :thumbup:

I saw someone who was wearing a tail through their jeans ffs creeped me out big time. 

• Haha 1

Guest seanfox778

Had a shocker yesterday.

Left Cornwall at 09:30, didn’t arrive in Salford till 19:15 due to traffic and the whole journey was worried I’d miss the game. Leicester lost and then 20 mins into the journey home someone bumped into my car and I got a shredded tyre. Spent 4 hours stood on the duel carriageway as it was next to an active traffic lane. The breakdown company just never showed up, despite saying every hour they were coming! Two police officers stopped around 03:15 and closed the lane for me so I could change it myself and then I continued the 5.5 hour journey back to Cornwall. Got home at 09:20 this morning lol

27 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Had a shocker yesterday.

Left Cornwall at 09:30, didn’t arrive in Salford till 19:15 due to traffic and the whole journey was worried I’d miss the game. Leicester lost and then 20 mins into the journey home someone bumped into my car and I got a shredded tyre. Spent 4 hours stood on the duel carriageway as it was next to an active traffic lane. The breakdown company just never showed up, despite saying every hour they were coming! Two police officers stopped around 03:15 and closed the lane for me so I could change it myself and then I continued the 5.5 hour journey back to Cornwall. Got home at 09:20 this morning lol

That’s dedication right there mate :appl:

• Like 3

Went to RAF Coningsby this afternoon for a guided tour of the BBMF. Really informative tour guide and was great to see the Lancaster in the flesh. The Typhoons were messing about in the air as well which was incredible to see so close!! Good day. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Pretty good. 

At Universal Volcano Bay water park watching the world go by.

When I say ‘watching the world go by’ I mean watching fit Latino women walking by with their arses hanging out of their thongs mainly...

Pants and socks must be full of jizz lol

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Pretty good. 

At Universal Volcano Bay water park watching the world go by.

When I say ‘watching the world go by’ I mean watching fit Latino women walking by with their arses hanging out of their thongs mainly...

Dark Sunglasses on to hide the Perving?

• Haha 1

Ridiculously busy day at work today always seems more busy when I have a day off coming up. Also have a stomach bug again which is the 3rd time since the kids have been on there school holidays so can’t even blame them for bringing it home ? hopefully clears up by Friday as we are off twin lakes for the day never been so hope it’s fun 

11 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Albeit 2.30 am( on holiday) pretty pleased so far.

my daughter just got her A level results 

AAB

Politics,Economics and English Lit

She worked so hard,putting some serious hours in that were longer than work days,and I couldn’t be more proud.

Mocks were BCD.

Think it’s Nottingham Uni for her if accepted.

Politics and International Relations.

Chuffed for her.

Is there a greater feeling in the world than pride in your children’s achievements? I don’t think so. Congratulations mate she has done very well :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

Is there a greater feeling in the world than pride in your children’s achievements? I don’t think so. Congratulations mate she has done very well :thumbup:

Thanks for that.

She was very determined after her mocks,I said to her before her exams that what results she got was not the be all and end all.

Not once did I suggest doing revision,in fact I told her she was doing too much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Albeit 2.30 am( on holiday) pretty pleased so far.

my daughter just got her A level results 

AAB

Politics,Economics and English Lit

She worked so hard,putting some serious hours in that were longer than work days,and I couldn’t be more proud.

Mocks were BCD.

Think it’s Nottingham Uni for her if accepted.

Politics and International Relations.

Chuffed for her.

Well done to your daughter @cambridgefox  :appl:

• Like 1