Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Posts from people who have been cummed on from cars is 97% of the reason I'm still on foxestalk 

Not entirely sure how I explain this one to the work colleagues sitting here wondering why I’m laughing.

Ps, that could just be one of the best posts ever. Bravo.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like jizz pal.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Dude, if your man-fluid smells like vinegar I'd inform Mrs. Costock_Fox immediately then get yourself down to the doctors, stat. 

Is that what they mean when they say youngsters are full of piss and vinegar then? Never understood that until now.

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

We were on a night out in Torquay for our annual August bank holiday visit on Sunday night. 

Four of us (two guys, two girls) were crossing the road slightly behind the larger group at a zebra crossing outside quite a busy bar. I noticed a black Audi estate heading towards us. As the lights were green, the car passed behind us as we were stepping onto the curb, when we all felt something hit the back of us, I looked to my left to see the car speeding around a corner and out of sight before I knew what was going on. 

We were all pelted with some sort of liquid that dried white and smelled faintly like a vinegary substance. We were at first worried that it could've been something corrosive due to the smell, but thankfully it didn't damage any of our clothes or cause any pain or discomfort to one of the girls who was hit on the back of the head. It has washed off my leather jacket and out of my clothes seemingly without issue.

Just brought home how easy it would be for any of us to be targeted by, or even caught up in this kind of thing randomly.

It was at best, disgusting... At worst, well doesn't bear thinking about.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like jizz pal.

There's a penchant for throwing Strawberry Mirinde at tourists in Torquay. Wash your clothes at 50 degrees and they should be fine.

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

We were on a night out in Torquay for our annual August bank holiday visit on Sunday night. 

Four of us (two guys, two girls) were crossing the road slightly behind the larger group at a zebra crossing outside quite a busy bar. I noticed a black Audi estate heading towards us. As the lights were green, the car passed behind us as we were stepping onto the curb, when we all felt something hit the back of us, I looked to my left to see the car speeding around a corner and out of sight before I knew what was going on. 

We were all pelted with some sort of liquid that dried white and smelled faintly like a vinegary substance. We were at first worried that it could've been something corrosive due to the smell, but thankfully it didn't damage any of our clothes or cause any pain or discomfort to one of the girls who was hit on the back of the head. It has washed off my leather jacket and out of my clothes seemingly without issue.

Just brought home how easy it would be for any of us to be targeted by a drive-by jizzing.

Just amended my original post.

Thanks for all of the feedback, fellas.  :kissing:

• Haha 3

Did my second day at Legoland Windsor. After slagging it off to high heaven yesterday, I actually had a good time, mainly because my lad thought it was brilliant, and I remembered that the trip was for his benefit more than mine.

You've just got to get your head round the fact you've got to queue for bloody ages for any rides, and if you want to buy any food you'll think the concessions at the King Power suddenly look like good value.

I must say, I feel sorry for anyone that works there. It must be mental to be there every day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Did my second day at Legoland Windsor. After slagging it off to high heaven yesterday, I actually had a good time, mainly because my lad thought it was brilliant, and I remembered that the trip was for his benefit more than mine.

You've just got to get your head round the fact you've got to queue for bloody ages for any rides, and if you want to buy any food you'll think the concessions at the King Power suddenly look like good value.

I must say, I feel sorry for anyone that works there. It must be mental to be there every day

I bit the bullet in January and bought the Merlin passes...makes the trips a little less daunting as you can kind of dip in and out without feeling you have to spend the whole day there. Also can take the kids separately (mine are aged 10 and 5, so different tastes/heights re rides!). Took the youngest to Chessington a few weeks ago and he was happy with 4 no-queue rides and an ice cream! Happy days.

Similarly with Legoland, I think we'll get there early and do a few hours and then scoot. Probably no massive financial savings, but generally a better experience, I think. Saying that, we probably got our moneys worth this summer alone.

Agree re the food though, though. Expensive and a bit shit - annoys me as it doesn't have to be so bad... 

Glad you and your lad had fun - good deed and happy memory!! 

Just spent 2 hours arguing with Talktalk. They tried to sneak up my monthly payment from £28.50 a month to £32.70. I only agreed a new contract a few months ago. In the end they offered me 12 months at £27.50 a month. Don't let the bastards get away with it, always argue.

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just spent 2 hours arguing with Talktalk. They tried to sneak up my monthly payment from £28.50 a month to £32.70. I only agreed a new contract a few months ago. In the end they offered me 12 months at £27.50 a month. Don't let the bastards get away with it, always argue.

I’m pretty sure they have a radio ad running slagging Sky BT Virgin etc for doing just that. Claiming they never will.

Just now, Strokes said:

I’m pretty sure they have a radio ad running slagging Sky BT Virgin etc for doing just that. Claiming they never will.

They didn't want to agree to cutting back again until I told them I had the transcript of the discussion I had when I agreed the contract.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

They didn't want to agree to cutting back again until I told them I had the transcript of the discussion I had when I agreed the contract.

I always record these convos now.

When I moved house a couple of months back, I agreed a new contract with plusnet and a home move. They were supposed to connect me the day I moved, 3 weeks later they still hadn’t managed it. They then tried to blame my master socket and wanted to send an engineer to visit the property, apparently he could only attend monday - Friday 9-5. I refused because it meant taking time off work and argued the phone line and socket was fine it was the broadband or router at fault, how could the master socket or line be at fault when I am calling them using the line?

So then they were stumped, after another week and another new router, I agreed with customer service to terminate the contract for a set fee of £30. I paid ordered broadband elsewhere and got connected 2 weeks later. I then get a bill through the door for £79 from plusnet and theyre saying because I wouldn’t let an engineer in, I am in breech of a contract and this money is due. I argued for ages, they denied the £30 I paid was to end the contract until I played it back to them. 

I never got an apology or my complaint number to take to the ombudsman though.

Broadband providers are all wankers!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Good for you. There was a thing on the news the other day that if you stick with the same home insurer

for several years they will just keep upping the premium … presumably on the basis that you can't be arsed to move.

Loyalty is not rewarded … it's penalised. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Me and mrs Col have just had a smashing ruby at the Chamalee in Blaby

#feelinglikeafatcvnt.com

A hashtag and a ".com" suffix, please keep this facebook behaviour away from foxestalk 

• Haha 2

Took the kids Twinlakes over the school holiday was better than I thought it would be. Kids are 8, 5 and 2 and they Could all go on the rides as there was a good mix for the ages close to each other. Food was decent and the pool area was good just bloody cold ? I’m sure we could have gone back the next day and still had plenty to do

8 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Took the kids Twinlakes over the school holiday was better than I thought it would be. Kids are 8, 5 and 2 and they Could all go on the rides as there was a good mix for the ages close to each other. Food was decent and the pool area was good just bloody cold ? I’m sure we could have gone back the next day and still had plenty to do

Twinlakes is great. My kids have kind of grown out of it now, but living about 1/4 mile away from it used to spend loads of time up there when they were younger. We had annual passes and you could go up for an hour or two any time and in the winter on a weekday virtually have the place to yourself with a member of staff opening up rides for us as we walked round. 

17 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Twinlakes is great. My kids have kind of grown out of it now, but living about 1/4 mile away from it used to spend loads of time up there when they were younger. We had annual passes and you could go up for an hour or two any time and in the winter on a weekday virtually have the place to yourself with a member of staff opening up rides for us as we walked round. 

It would be good if you live near it and can take advantage of that. We only had to cue for 2 rides luckily. The youngest one enjoyed it the most the crazy little monster. Found out that the taxi divers at the station don’t like taking kids in their cars especially to twin lakes as one of the drivers told us. Few taxis waiting didn’t want to take us or the other family that has kids which was strange as was only 10 mins ride away and no more trains due in for another hour.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

It would be good if you live near it and can take advantage of that. We only had to cue for 2 rides luckily. The youngest one enjoyed it the most the crazy little monster. Found out that the taxi divers at the station don’t like taking kids in their cars especially to twin lakes as one of the drivers told us. Few taxis waiting didn’t want to take us or the other family that has kids which was strange as was only 10 mins ride away and no more trains due in for another hour.

Melton's a bit of a one horse town mate. Asking a taxi driver to take you from the station to Twinlakes is like asking a London cab driver to go south of the river after midnight. Disappointing that local taxi cabs impacted on your day, but glad you and the kids enjoyed it!

Ive been a Salesman/Manager for my whole life, more than 35 years of sales. But not one of "those" type, ive always sold a product or service that has been good value, works and i made sure to sell honestly and with integrity.

Last couple of days Ive been working at the biggest Ag Show (Agricultural show) in the state, these days i sell something that takes absolutely no selling skill, people either want it or they dont,  Im not on commission and i dont care either way.

For the last two days i was next to some Paintball "salesmen" fvcking awful people, they roll out their "banter" and entrap and oversell innocent, easily led people, exploit them and grab as much off them as possible.

Seriously, if the offer is... "80% off", (you should question if thats a real pricing structure).. if its for TODAY only maybe ask why they have printed and used banner displaying that? If they tell you it covers everything.... oh except ammo, "but we'll do you a great deal on that too"

I know people should be able to think for themselves but these dodgy bastards exploit simple people and are so fvcking annoying, i flinch each time i hear them doing their pitch.

Crooks who will grow into "time share"  and "double glazing" sales etc.

10 hours ago, Strokes said:

I always record these convos now.

When I moved house a couple of months back, I agreed a new contract with plusnet and a home move. They were supposed to connect me the day I moved, 3 weeks later they still hadn’t managed it. They then tried to blame my master socket and wanted to send an engineer to visit the property, apparently he could only attend monday - Friday 9-5. I refused because it meant taking time off work and argued the phone line and socket was fine it was the broadband or router at fault, how could the master socket or line be at fault when I am calling them using the line?

So then they were stumped, after another week and another new router, I agreed with customer service to terminate the contract for a set fee of £30. I paid ordered broadband elsewhere and got connected 2 weeks later. I then get a bill through the door for £79 from plusnet and theyre saying because I wouldn’t let an engineer in, I am in breech of a contract and this money is due. I argued for ages, they denied the £30 I paid was to end the contract until I played it back to them. 

I never got an apology or my complaint number to take to the ombudsman though.

Broadband providers are all wankers!

How do you record the conversations, Strokes?

55 minutes ago, Buce said:

How do you record the conversations, Strokes?

I use voice record on my work phone, whilst talking on loud speaker on my private phone.

I think it can be done with one phone but it’s difficult to then play it back to them. Honestly mate I had plusnet tied in knots. The supervisor (he had the right hump) asked if I had permission to record them, I rewound it to their on hold message and played him their own prerecorded message saying that they record all phone calls for training etc. I said permission isn’t required because it’s already pre-agreed.

• Like 2