Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

18 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Something has happened on Welford Road this afternoon.

Apparently the road is blocked off by police.

Somebody trying to jump off the railway bridge. All trains out of leicester were also suspended.for about an hour

• Sad 1

Been to Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire for a Company Car day.

https://www.millbrook.co.uk/venues/company-car-in-action-at-millbrook-proving-ground/

Jumping into a car, taking it out up their Alpine course onto a couple of circuits of the high speed bowl for 15 minutes, taking it back and doing the same thing in something else.

Edited by Livid
Link

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Just came home to my 5 kittens chasing a bird around my ( supposedly secure) kitchen. Fun times. :facepalm:

lol

Could have been worse.

Imagine if you'd come home to find 5 birds chasing a kitten around your kitchen à la Hitchcock....

• Haha 2

So last night I came back from work to a small parcel. Contained within was a book called "coping with low self-esteem" (see depression thread for more on this) and nothing else, so I don't know who bought it and no-one has mentioned it to me although I have a strong suspicion of who it is.

Weird though, right?

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

So last night I came back from work to a small parcel. Contained within was a book called "coping with low self-esteem" (see depression thread for more on this) and nothing else, so I don't know who bought it and no-one has mentioned it to me although I have a strong suspicion of who it is.

Weird though, right?

Definitely weird. But at least it shows that someone cares. Not everyone is comfortable talking about such things, this seems their way of helping (or at least trying to help). 

18 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Weird though, right?

If you're sure you know who it was, you could anonymously send them a book entitled "Coping with the inability to communicate directly"... :whistle:

In all seriousness, somebody caring & meaning well but finding it tough to tackle awkward conversations, I presume?

Someone once sent me a book entitled "Coping with being an arrogant twat". I accepted the gift with humility...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Weird though, right?

It's weird but it's a good weird. As others have said, someone cares about you and it's a nice gesture from whoever it is. 

16 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Definitely weird. But at least it shows that someone cares. Not everyone is comfortable talking about such things, this seems their way of helping (or at least trying to help). 

16 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

If you're sure you know who it was, you could anonymously send them a book entitled "Coping with the inability to communicate directly"... :whistle:

In all seriousness, somebody caring & meaning well but finding it tough to tackle awkward conversations, I presume?

Someone once sent me a book entitled "Coping with being an arrogant twat". I accepted the gift with humility...

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's weird but it's a good weird. As others have said, someone cares about you and it's a nice gesture from whoever it is. 

You're all spot on, thanks fellas.

Alf, that suggestion is so spot on lol

Working from home again because of a (major) leak at the office with the rain last week. That's a full week now, and apparently this is continuing til Friday at least (at which point I'm off on annual leave). Not complaining as it's obviously a lot more relaxed, but I'm starting to go a little stir crazy without all the usual face-to-face interaction haha.

Still, it's given me a chance to get packing done for Spain so at least I'm being somewhat productive :)

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Working from home again because of a (major) leak at the office with the rain last week. That's a full week now, and apparently this is continuing til Friday at least (at which point I'm off on annual leave). Not complaining as it's obviously a lot more relaxed, but I'm starting to go a little stir crazy without all the usual face-to-face interaction haha.

Still, it's given me a chance to get packing done for Spain so at least I'm being somewhat productive :)

As someone who's worked from home for years, that lack of face-to-face interaction has always been the big downside. That's why I end up chatting shite on here so much. :D

People who have never worked alone from home always imagine that the big risk is that you won't do your work and will just sit watching daytime TV....

Er.... No work done = No income received = Certain lifestyle disadvantages!

The big downside is the lack of human interaction......FT the remedy! :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

As someone who's worked from home for years, that lack of face-to-face interaction has always been the big downside. That's why I end up chatting shite on here so much. :D

People who have never worked alone from home always imagine that the big risk is that you won't do your work and will just sit watching daytime TV....

Er.... No work done = No income received = Certain lifestyle disadvantages!

The big downside is the lack of human interaction......FT the remedy! :thumbup:

Or just go to shops on your lunch break at speak with sales people lol. I just went to home depot over my lunch, perused the aisles etc

Did a weeks training course last week for my new job, I'm a sales exec at a cars dealers (yes, I'm aware of the reputation, but never done anything like this before)

Today was my first day in the showroom and I sold my first car! Absolutely buzzing! 

• Like 3