Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just now, MC Prussian said:

lol

No, should I say fortunately or unfortunately not?

Celtic are on a pre-season tour in Europe, and currently in Switzerland.

Haha, thought I had another Glasgow based foxes fan for a minute there. Oh well, back to my life of solitude. :) 

Got a parking fine through from that civil group at Freeman’s common. I was at the cinema but I asked the staff if it’d still work if I registered my plate at the Local Hero and they said it would, so I’m confident it’s bollocks.

I’m sure i’ve read that it’s bollocks and you don’t need to pay it on here before as it’s not the council. Is that right? I’m sure the pub can prove I registered the plate anyway

I didn’t get much joy by posting this in the TV show thread so hopefully you guys are more helpful.

Anyone from a medical background able to offer any advice (not that advice, I know it’s small but I’ll make do).

Started playing football 3 months ago and massively ****ed a volley up and I’ve had a pain in the top/side of my foot ever since. I’ve still been playing but tonight I can’t barely kick it with that foot and the slightest knock really hurts. The weird thing is I can walk on it fine so my question is, what on earth could I have done to it to be a ken to walk on it and have no bruising? If I go Dr’s I know they will tell me to bugger off.

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

He's stopped returning my calls. :) 

Your calls were just messages containing heavy breathing, grunting and what sounded like someone vigorously massaging a bag of jelly.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I didn’t get much joy by posting this in the TV show thread so hopefully you guys are more helpful.

Anyone from a medical background able to offer any advice (not that advice, I know it’s small but I’ll make do).

Started playing football 3 months ago and massively ****ed a volley up and I’ve had a pain in the top/side of my foot ever since. I’ve still been playing but tonight I can’t barely kick it with that foot and the slightest knock really hurts. The weird thing is I can walk on it fine so my question is, what on earth could I have done to it to be a ken to walk on it and have no bruising? If I go Dr’s I know they will tell me to bugger off.

What does Dr google say? Broken metatarsal?

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/foot-pain/

https://www.foot-pain-explored.com/pain-on-top-of-foot.html

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319737.php

20 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well that was silly wasn't it?

P.s get well soon xxxx

Had to travel 35 miles to go to the doctors becuase I had forgotten to register at our local one in the 14 months we've been living back in Leicestershire, and as we're moving in a week or so I didn't see the point in registering again.

Past DG is such a kn*b, never looking out for me in the present day. 

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Had to travel 35 miles to go to the doctors becuase I had forgotten to register at our local one in the 14 months we've been living back in Leicestershire, and as we're moving in a week or so I didn't see the point in registering again.

Past DG is such a kn*b, never looking out for me in the present day. 

David Geeza... lol

• Haha 1

On 02/07/2019 at 23:14, Costock_Fox said:

bursitis.jpg

If it’s worse to touch - bursitis.

If it’s worse when you’re wiggling your toes / pointing them up - extensor tendonitis.

...maybe. Go see Drs if you’re worried. They won’t tell you to bugger off :dunno:

Edited by brucey

3 hours ago, brucey said:

bursitis.jpg

If it’s worse to touch - bursitis.

If it’s worse when you’re wiggling your toes / pointing them up - extensor tendonitis.

...maybe. Go see Drs if you’re worried. They won’t tell you to bugger off :dunno:

Thanks.

Honestly I hate going to the drs as they make you feel like you are wasting their time. I won’t have fractured it because it’s absolutely fine to walk on but probably just massively overdid it after playing football 3x in a week.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks.

Honestly I hate going to the drs as they make you feel like you are wasting their time. I won’t have fractured it because it’s absolutely fine to walk on but probably just massively overdid it after playing football 3x in a week.

My mum tripped over her cat a couple of years ago. She was eating an egg custard at the time, the cat took one look at her sprawled on the floor and ate the egg custard she'd dropped. Anyway I'm digressing, she went to the walk in centre (well hop in) and was told it was sprain but if there was no improvement in 6 weeks go to drs. Turned out she'd broken a metatarsal, and it's never quite healed right. She wasn't in pain the whole time, she could walk fine, it just hurt in certain moments. I'd get it checked out asap, because you don't want it not setting properly.

Edited by Facecloth

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

My mum tripped over her cat a couple of years ago. She was eating an egg custard at the time, the cat took one look at her sprawled on the floor and ate the egg custard she'd dropped. Anyway I'm digressing, she went to the walk in centre (well hop in) and was told it was sprain but if there was no improvement in 6 weeks go to drs. Turned out she'd broken a metatarsal, and it's never quite healed right. She wasn't in pain the whole time, she could walk fine, it just hurt in certain moments. I'd get it checked out asap, because you don't want it not setting properly.

Cheers, that first sentence sums up perfectly why I’m a dog person. 

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks.

Blaming footy...you tried to jerk yourself off using your feet and have strained the foot havent ya? Ive done it before, not pleasant (the wank that is as the feet are too rough)

• Like 1

Did at bit of DJing at Ibiza Rocks Bar then watched Baby D and Sugarhill Gang / Grandmaster Flash / Melle Mel / Furious 5 at Es Paradis. Splendid evening!

I said a hip hop
Hippie to the hippie
The hip, hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it out
Bubba to the bang bang boogie, boobie to the boogie
To the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox

I fvcking hate UPS.

I've been waiting weeks for a delivery to clear customs (FedEx takes about a day) and finally received notification that it had cleared yesterday and would be out for delivery today. About an hour ago I received an email saying that they had tried to deliver but no one was in. I was, so I'm thinking they've tried to deliver to the wrong address. So, I went online to try and contact customer services but it's one of those where you can't contact them directly, you have to fill in a form - a form that requires an 'attempted delivery number' which can be found on the slip that the driver left. Except wherever it was he left it, it wasn't here. So I can't get past that page. OK, thinks I - I'll telephone them. But it's an automated answering service that wants to know what my problem is. I chose the option needed, and it wants to know the tracking number - which it doesn't recognize because it's a US tracking number and this is the UK. I tried contacting the US and just keep getting re-routed to the UK call centre. ALL I FVCKING WANT IS TO SPEAK TO A FVCKING HUMAN BEING.

Finally, I had to lie online and pretend I have a completely unrelated issue that doesn't require any information to be provided, which has allowed me to explain the situation amd ask someone to call me. Which they promise to try to do in 3 working days. Did I mention I hate UPS?