Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Evening everyone. 

Welcome  Back mate.

Hope the break did you good.

Hows the family and baby?

Presume your not getting much sleep😂😂

Only lasts about 5 years👍🏾😁

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good thanks! 

Little Stan is 2 months old already. 

Not much sleep but weirdly getting used to it. Those first two weeks are killer though! 

Wait for the terrible 2's to start. At least you'll have 18 months respite in between.

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Great day!!!

Wife has to wait SIX ****ING MONTHS for a gynae referral.

This country needs change NOW!

Maybe we'll have 6 years of Labour Gov but the shite will never go away. Anything that changes never lasts and things never get better. It's the norm with a few not so norm bits along the way.

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Maybe we'll have 6 years of Labour Gov but the shite will never go away. Anything that changes never lasts and things never get better. It's the norm with a few not so norm bits along the way.

Just wait till the budget in a few months....   there WILL be tax cuts to give them cake so that they can eat it!

NO...  properly ****ing fund the services you are supposed to provide!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Just wait till the budget in a few months....   there WILL be tax cuts to give them cake so that they can eat it!

NO...  properly ****ing fund the services you are supposed to provide!

And the suckers will lap it up because... it's tax cuts innit? Short sightedness is endemic in our voting populace and that's what the politicians thrive on. 

Simple minded people make simple minded choices. 

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

Wait for the terrible 2's to start. At least you'll have 18 months respite in between.

My sons terrible 2's started when we visited England when he was 18 months. My daughter was born 6 months later and life became a complete blur for years lol. My son turns 11 on Thursday and i feel life is getting better on some fronts. He is already showing preteen symptoms of talking back, pushing boundaries  etc. He had a serious dose of how it will not work in our house and it shall be reinforced daily. The wife is a pleasant yet very strict teacher in her day job so shit don't fly with her 1 bit lol. It doesn't with me either but of the two i am more of the easy going parent.

So excited for the coming years lol

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Unless the public demands real change...we just end up with two sides of th same coin.

Until coporations and the stockmarket are brought into line nothing really changes.

What we really need is accountability and sanctions for those in power abusing that power for personal profit. 

In Scandinavia (Sweden I think) every member of Parliament is subjected to all their accounts and business dealings being public knowledge and accessible by any one at all times. So the temptation to do dodgy deals is very low. 

In this country public funds are being siphoned off by these crooks to friends and families business dealings with zero repercussions. Just look at the PPE scandal. Billions of taxpayers money stolen, and this Tory government made it illegal for it to be investigated. And then they cry about having to cut funding to public services because of lack of money. Utter scumbags. 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What we really need is accountability and sanctions for those in power abusing that power for personal profit. 

In Scandinavia (Sweden I think) every member of Parliament is subjected to all their accounts and business dealings being public knowledge and accessible by any one at all times. So the temptation to do dodgy deals is very low. 

In this country public funds are being siphoned off by these crooks to friends and families business dealings with zero repercussions. Just look at the PPE scandal. Billions of taxpayers money stolen, and this Tory government made it illegal for it to be investigated. And then they cry about having to cut funding to public services because of lack of money. Utter scumbags. 

While the accountability is required.. that will not change the situation significantly.

Systemic change is needed. Corporations need to be stopped from exploiting workers, they need to pay more tax, they need to have their power and influence reduced. We need to stop the stockmareket from deciding our futures, we need to invest the taxes into clean energy, health system upgrades, better welfare options, we need to acknowlegde that robotics have reduced the need for a large part of the workforce and introduce a real living wage.

We need to ban billionaires by taxing wealth (dont worry kids.. you arent ever going to be a billionaire, it wont affect you). We need to stop millionaires and business' from "donating" to political parties.

Corporations are not people and should have less rights than people

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

While the accountability is required.. that will not change the situation significantly.

Systemic change is needed. Corporations need to be stopped from exploiting workers, they need to pay more tax, they need to have their power and influence reduced. We need to stop the stockmareket from deciding our futures, we need to invest the taxes into clean energy, health system upgrades, better welfare options, we need to acknowlegde that robotics have reduced the need for a large part of the workforce and introduce a real living wage.

We need to ban billionaires by taxing wealth (dont worry kids.. you arent ever going to be a billionaire, it wont affect you). We need to stop millionaires and business' from "donating" to political parties.

Transparency is the best cleaner there is.

I think my main question is who is "WE" in your argument?  I fear unless you can align pretty much the entire developed world all at once it is hard to overstate the impact that such measures would have on a single economy.   Then you lose the next election,, policies are reversed, and you achieved the exact opposite of what you were aiming for.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

You were doing so well until you said we need to ban billionaires lol

2 hours ago, MPH said:

You were doing so well until you said we need to ban billionaires lol

Damn straight. Banning would achieve precisely nothing. We need to publicly torture and disembowel them. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Damn straight. Banning would achieve precisely nothing. We need to publicly torture and disembowel them. 

drop a fiver off a mountain and there guaranteed to dive after it!

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

drop a fiver off a mountain and there guaranteed to dive after it!

Not even remotely good enough. 

‘Musk falls off cliff’ would only provide amusement for a few minutes. 

The ‘Musk forced to eat Gates’ entrails mixed with asbestos live on BBC1 while having his toes cut off and salt rubbed into the open wounds’ is a DVD that’ll deliver endless joy like having a TV channel dedicated to One Foot In The Grave. 

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Not even remotely good enough. 

Fair response.

‘Musk falls off cliff’ would only provide amusement for a few minutes. 

I dunno. With drone footage and wide angled zoom lense you  could have a great cinematography climax with full impact. That could be a meme for several weeks on Twitter

The ‘Musk forced to eat Gates’ entrails mixed with asbestos live on BBC1 while having his toes cut off and salt rubbed into the open wounds’ is a DVD that’ll deliver endless joy like having a TV channel dedicated to One Foot In The Grave. 

You need help.

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Human nature says "Hold my beer". lol

Accountability and transparency is totally the answer. 

Edited by Dahnsouff

52 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Shit day to find out you've got a hole in the sole of your shoe. 

I just realized there is a tiny hole in my right sock heel.  Noticed a cold feeling when walking on the kitchen floor tile, looked and thought, ffs!

Bonus, i now  have a free solo sock for the wankin.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

It’s simply amazing that this made it on to top of the pops 

He toured Austrlia on the back of it.. We went along to his concert... at one point the delightful Mrs Oz was laughing so much (she is know for her unusual laugh), Neil, stopped and questioned if someone had brought a weird australian animal along? - claim to fame :) :schmike:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MPH said:

It’s simply amazing that this made it on to top of the pops 

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Human nature says "Hold my beer". lol

What is it, in the nature of man, that makes us turn this thread into one about Top Of The Pops?