Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 02/12/2023 at 12:08, tom27111 said:

Bought the Mrs a quite expensive advent calendar and surprised her with it yesterday. 

She hadn't got me one, but today, she has more than redeemed herself by getting me this...

Yes, that is Hans Gruber falling from the Nakatomi Plaza, counting down the days to Xmas lol

Screenshot_20231202_170437_Gallery.jpg

If we don't see your xmas dinner feast (pre, during and post) can we assume she threw you off the top of a building and call for help?

Trains hardwork today... train cancelled from Edinburgh luckily arrived early so jump on a slow service to preston. Arrived at preston to find the same train i was catching was the same service that should have started at Edinburgh. Almost home just in brum... dreading tomorrow back at work after a three week lay off.

On 24/11/2023 at 00:46, Parafox said:

Since this post, she didn't trash her flat or kick doors in or cut her throat. We knew this was unlikely to happen but at the time of crisis, anything is possible and we needed to take action to mitigate the potential outcome. However her mental health continues to decline.

Mrs P is the target, for reasons we cannot work out, and since Saturday, she has received a constant bombardment of abuse by text and voicemail until her VM inbox is full. So no more VM's can be recorded until some have been deleted. Result!.

No voicemails, but the texts continue. Today alone, Mrs P has received 210 abusive, hateful text messages all with the same content of accusatory, nasty, vile, vitriol.

We are at a loss as to how to stop it. 

We have considered a complete block on her. We have thought about changing our numbers but that alone brings worries that, in the real event of an emergency or something serious happening to our daughter, we would potentially not know until it's too late. We've considered involving the police but the  potential for escalating her paranoia and the possible consequences of an arrest or a criminal charge have given us grave doubts about doing this because it could result in her being evicted under the housing association rules on "criminal behaviour". Then she's really in the shite.

It feels like we're hamstrung by rules and circumstance as well as compassion and the desire to keep her safe, despite the intolerable situation she has created for us.

It's difficult to give the full expanse of the trauma of our relationship with our daughter on here. If you could listen to the voicemails or read the text messages, you'd most likely be shocked and appalled.

I do wonder, at times, how me and Mrs P carry out our daily lives without breaking down. Our close friends wonder the same.

I feel I should feel hatred and anger toward our daughter and I do at times, maybe often. But at the same time I feel so sad for her because ultimately, she is unwell.

Forgive my rant but this feels like the only place to let it out.

Anonymous venting of feelings can help. 

It's getting worse. The crisis team seem to have been in touch with her. I am basing this on the tone and content of her continuous VM's where she is literally screaming abuse at us, and texts which are becoming more ridiculous and hostile and constantly mentioning "the services" by which she means Social and mental health who she hates and she now believes we have deliberately involved them to get her sectioned and evicted and have her cat taken off her. 

She is convinced that we have given random neighbours keys to her flat and they are going in there and damaging her stuff. (We paid to have her locks changed several months ago, we have no idea who the locksmith was as she arranged it all and we have never had keys to give to anyone. Why would we?).

The latest VM's over at least 10 days suggest she is now possibly suffering from paranoid schizophrenia as well as the diagnosed ADHD, borderline personality disorder (BPD), anxiety and depression.

Unfortunately, she is still deemed to have capacity under the MH act so when she refuses any intervention the MH services are unable to intervene or support her.

Every day is a concern for us as to what will happen next. We almost hope that she will descend to the point where she won't be able to refuse treatment, and that means being sectioned... again.

Edited by Parafox
  • Sad 12

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's getting worse. The crisis team seem to have been in touch with her. I am basing this on the tone and content of her continuous VM's where she is literally screaming abuse at us, and texts which are becoming more ridiculous and hostile and constantly mentioning "the services" by which she means Social and mental health who she hates and she now believes we have deliberately involved them to get her sectioned and evicted and have her cat taken off her. 

She is convinced that we have given random neighbours keys to her flat and they are going in there and damaging her stuff. (We paid to have her locks changed several months ago, we have no idea who the locksmith was as she arranged it all and we have never had keys to give to anyone. Why would we?).

The latest VM's over at least 10 days suggest she is now possibly suffering from paranoid schizophrenia as well as the diagnosed ADHD, borderline personality disorder (BPD), anxiety and depression.

Unfortunately, she is still deemed to have capacity under the MH act so when she refuses any intervention the MH services are unable to intervene or support her.

Every day is a concern for us as to what will happen next. We almost hope that she will descend to the point where she won't be able to refuse treatment, and that means being sectioned... again.

Am very sorry to hear this; it's really a lot to take in as a parent..

What would you like to happen, going forward, for her in the long-run - may I ask?

24 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am very sorry to hear this; it's really a lot to take in as a parent..

What would you like to happen, going forward, for her in the long-run - may I ask?

We would like her to accept treatment. We'd pay privately if necessary. She absolutely won't accept any help from "the services".

We'd like her to be able to live a relatively normal life, secure and without the fear and demons she suffers with.

We'd like to have a reasonable relationship with her. We'd like her to be able to make friendships with others, maybe those who have gone through or are going through similar experiences, some support from peers. She has rejected the few friends she has had as she thinks they are plotting against her. So she is completely alone. She can be extremely hostile to those she thinks have wronged her and has made serious threats to physically attack us if we visit her. Our relationship is in tatters and, although we never give up, she remains full of hatred for us.

We would like to be able to know she has the proper support in place and that she responds to it and therefore can live as part of wider society.

We'd like her to be stable enough to get some work but that is very unlikely.

Basically we just want her to have the best life she can despite all her difficulties and challenges and her own life story. Taken into care at 2yrs old after neglect and abuse by birth parents, broken attachments with her foster carers who had a real bond together. Lots of negativity in her young childhood and her teenage life (2 daughters taken for adoption due to concerns for her to appropriately and safely parent them) which, among other MH issues, we think has resulted in her anger at everyone and her ongoing struggles with her life.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

I got out of the car wrong at Sainsbury's and have slipped a disc.

It enters my top 4 ways of slipping a disc at number three.

Number one remains closing the curtains too quickly, number two is a non-mover for getting out of bed wrong and sneezing too hard moves down to number four.

I've self medicated with some muscle relaxants, also known as a bottle of red wine.

Edited by tom27111
  • Sad 1

On 05/12/2023 at 19:30, Parafox said:

Sorry to read this, this is absolutely terrible. I hope things start picking up 

• Thanks 1

Drove to the game as usual, got a bit held up and ended up trying to park at 2:10pm, big mistake, no spaces - in my wisdom I was battling against the clock so decided to try and get closer to the ground and pay, ended up chocker on Narb Rd, 2:45pm queuing up to try and park at the LRI. Gave up in the end and missed the game, drove home.

Scraped one of my rear alloys trying to panic park. Stood in dog shit. 

IMG_2606.jpeg

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Drove to the game as usual, got a bit held up and ended up trying to park at 2:10pm, big mistake, no spaces - in my wisdom I was battling against the clock so decided to try and get closer to the ground and pay, ended up chocker on Narb Rd, 2:45pm queuing up to try and park at the LRI. Gave up in the end and missed the game, drove home.

IMG_2606.jpeg

Thank god we won

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tommy G said:

IMG_2606.jpeg

Oh dear ! 

Wise decision not too also post the sole of your shoe 

Gah. 

Couldn’t sleep so decided to check my booking in Amsterdam. How much? I swear I can get it cheaper. Oh look, much better hotel for less with a banquet breakfast. 

So I cancelled my hotel booking and went to book the new one…only it transpires that the site has only quoted a daily rate and didn’t include taxes. So, rather than saving me cash, my imbecilic insomnia brain has just cost me an extra £135. I am all kinds of idiot. 

• Haha 1

Was coaching a client on Teams earlier who I've come to dearly love and respect over the years.

The conversation was getting very deep and meaningful and then suddenly, with no warning, these immortal words just came out of my mouth...

"You're a wonderful human being"

Prime Brendan Rodgers 

Luckily they're not UK based and don't follow football so I'm praying they didn't make the link.

What a twatish thing to say. And they pay me for this shit lol

:brendan_still:

• Haha 1