Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Third visit to the vet, a fourth one due when some malingering pooch vacates one of the big cages.

Looks like renal failure. She's only 5. It doesn't seem fair. Today will be a day I use few words and most of them will be "cvnt".

• Sad 9

Just now, tom27111 said:

Really well thanks, Deb.

So we'll, in fact, I start a week on Monday!

How does it work for you, Tom? Do notice periods not really apply much these days, or is it just in the nature of the type of work you do?

And congratulations too, I was also hoping it had gone well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

How does it work for you, Tom? Do notice periods not really apply much these days, or is it just in the nature of the type of work you do?

And congratulations too, I was also hoping it had gone well.

I'm self-employed at the moment, although a company gives me all of my jobs.

I was offered the job on the spot and the paperwork came through via email on Monday.

I spoke to the company that gives me my jobs and told them what had gone on and I've given them notice in writing today now I have my start date.

So they've had 12 days official notice. I only needed to give a week.

Just now, tom27111 said:

I'm self-employed at the moment, although a company gives me all of my jobs.

I was offered the job on the spot and the paperwork came through via email on Monday.

I spoke to the company that gives me my jobs and told them what had gone on and I've given them notice in writing today now I have my start date.

So they've had 12 days official notice. I only needed to give a week.

Awesome - it seems to me you've job hopped for a while now, I hope you can find some stability (if that's what's best for you of course). It's evident you're very good at the various things you turn your hand to.

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2024 at 15:57, Daggers said:

Oh I have pet insurance. We’ve always had pet insurance. But the policyholder has to contact the company directly to ask for a whatever to be sent to the vet.

The policyholder is at a funeral and is unavailable.

The policyholder distinctly told me this morning that all I’d have to pay for would be the excess. She said this the last time I was lumped with the full fvcking bill too - that she claimed back and then fvcking spent.

The policyholder has a habit of never sharing the full details of any given situation, never handing over all the documents I might ever need for said task and almost always being totally wrong. Given that the policyholder will be returning home feeling a bit weepy, I’m not going to be able to share my full feelings on the matter when she does.

On 08/01/2024 at 16:02, Izzy said:

She sounds just like my policyholder

F**k the policyholders I say ! 

(statement not a suggestion) 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

23 hours ago, Daggers said:

Third visit to the vet, a fourth one due when some malingering pooch vacates one of the big cages.

Looks like renal failure. She's only 5. It doesn't seem fair. Today will be a day I use few words and most of them will be "cvnt".

4yrs10months old.

Operating on 10% kidney function.

I'm in absolute bits.

IMG_1099.jpeg

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Well 2024 can go royally fvck itself up the arse. 

Sorry to hear things arent looking great. Hope that can turn around. How's the dog doing, any updates on whats next or?

Hope you will be okay either way mate.

27 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Sorry to hear things arent looking great. Hope that can turn around. How's the dog doing, any updates on whats next or?

Hope you will be okay either way mate.

She was put to sleep this afternoon despite perky ears and a waggy tail. We’ve lost many dogs, this one has ripped a part of my soul out of me. Too young, too happy, too soon. And I’m left with a suitcase full of rage and nowhere to direct it. I couldn’t be more bereft. 

• Sad 7

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

She was put to sleep this afternoon despite perky ears and a waggy tail. We’ve lost many dogs, this one has ripped a part of my soul out of me. Too young, too happy, too soon. And I’m left with a suitcase full of rage and nowhere to direct it. I couldn’t be more bereft. 

Really sorry to hear about your loss. I know the loss of a pet can be emotionally taxing to say the least. She reminds me of my dad/brothers dog  (now about 10 human years) whose recently had £3000 (madness, the cost) in surgery to her hips. Granted much older but she is the family dog. Stays with my dad sometimes, other times with my two younger brothers.  They got her when they all lived together and all love her like a child. They also like to share keeping her between the 3 houses lol.

I know that they were heart broken at the thought of putting her down or paying for the surgery but between those 3, my older brother, myself and some family friends we chipped in to give everyone a bit more time together. 

My son was the first grandchild and was upset knowing what could happen and said daddy you've got to help her. He is turning 11 now so has known her his whole life. Daughter chimed in because she wants a dog for herself haha. Unfortunately for her the wife is really allergic to dog hair even the hypoallergenic ones for some reason create issues for her. Weirdo!

Take care of yourself, hope you feel better in due time.

• Like 1

Had a rough week, mental health wise.

Nothing major, just feeling a bit shit.

Decided to make some lifestyle changes. Knocked alcohol on the head for the foreseeable (not that I plan on going completely tea total) and going to try and look after myself more.

Started by going for a jog this morning and managed to pull a muscle in my arm lol How does that even happen?

Need a beer :ph34r:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Decided to make some lifestyle changes. Knocked alcohol on the head for the foreseeable (not that I plan on going completely tea total) and going to try and look after myself more.

Started by going for a jog this morning and managed to pull a muscle in my arm lol How does that even happen?

It can happen if your wanking whilst jogging. :P

Anyway, are you still delivering cars or have you gone back to sales? Just wondering after a post you made a few days ago. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It can happen if your wanking whilst jogging. :P

Anyway, are you still delivering cars or have you gone back to sales? Just wondering after a post you made a few days ago. 

Back in sales. Starting a week on Monday.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

43 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It can happen if your wanking whilst jogging:P

How the bloody is this possible? You two are worse than me!

I could use a pint, havent had one in months so perhaps i can have one for you as well tom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started my new job on Monday, been a dull week completing all my financial compliance training.

Not even supposed to be selling yet as I need brand training.

But today, I was chucked in at the deep end and got a hat-trick.

Think I might have set my standards too high, too early!

• Like 3

Joys of being self employed: waiting till midnight for an official comment from Sunak and assorted ministers. Dicks. So my working day that began at 9 yesterday morning is finally ending at almost 3am. I’m going to be one cranky ****er all Monday. 

In a moment of either genius or madness I signed up for F45 gym yesterday.  Went this morning at 7am.  It hurts.  Need to do something though, hopefully this is it for mental and physical health.  Fully funded by buying fewer bottles of wine.

• Like 2

It's been bad enough that the alarm has been set for 6.30am for the past week and a bit, for us to be up and ready for 8am, for the folks doing work at the house. This morning the other half woke at 5.20am, somehow thought it was 6.20am and decided we should be up.

And just to add insult to injury, the contractors arrived at 9.30am.