Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 21/12/2023 at 19:12, StanSP said:

Leicester's newest fan, our baby boy born in the early hours of this morning 

PXL_20231221_142542877-1.thumb.jpg.28dc3e9db0615bc6383889506824ca07.jpg

Congratulations fellow.   Seriously although,  did you post that for clarity sake and to avoid getting mentioned in Lost Foxestalkers thread again?   😅

I am typing this while cuddling my four months old to sleep so hope you are a dab at browsing foxestalk with one hand.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Many congratulations, proud Dad. A midfielder for 2040-41?

That's what every father hopes right :D

I've noticed a strong kick already... 

9 hours ago, The Blur said:

Congratulations fellow.   Seriously although,  did you post that for clarity sake and to avoid getting mentioned in Lost Foxestalkers thread again?   😅

I am typing this while cuddling my four months old to sleep so hope you are a dab at browsing foxestalk with one hand.

Haha I never thought I'd get mentioned in that thread! 

I'm sure I'll become a pro lol

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Delivered a car to a Nissan main dealer yesterday, bumped in to a guy who works there who I used to work with.

We had a good chat and he said "Why don't you come and work here?"

Long story short, got an interview tomorrow morning!

I'd better trawl through the car thread and delete any comments where I state the Kia Sportage is far superior to the Nissan Qashqai.  It isn't, I don't know what I was thinking :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Delivered a car to a Nissan main dealer yesterday, bumped in to a guy who works there who I used to work with.

I'd better trawl through the car thread and delete any comments where I state the Kia Sportage is far superior to the Nissan Qashqai.  It isn't, I don't know what I was thinking :ph34r:

Good luck. 

*emails screen shots of Tom's posts "Kia is the best car in the world ever" :ph34r:

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Nissans are shit. My sentra was crap,  my wifes sentra was crap,  my MIL's maxima was crap. All terrible cars. Never again, at least not in Canada. Honda or toyota way better.

I dont dislike nissan at all do i?

Side note, hope things work out the way you want them to.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 20:29, tom27111 said:

My niece has recently taken delivery of the electric Nissan - the Ariya, and absolutely loves it. 

It’s really impressive, tbf. Absolute Tesla model X rip-off and all the bells and whistles inside. I was suitably surprised. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 21:29, tom27111 said:

How did it go?

• Like 2

Three minutes prodding the dog’s stomach and shoving a thermometer up her arse. One pack of pills. 

That’ll be £385, please. 

And to think people waste time robbing cash points and smuggling drugs. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Three minutes prodding the dog’s stomach and shoving a thermometer up her arse. One pack of pills. 

That’ll be £385, please. 

Preparing you for private healthcare…

That’ll be £385, please. 

No pet insurance? 

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Oh I have pet insurance. We’ve always had pet insurance. But the policyholder has to contact the company directly to ask for a whatever to be sent to the vet.

The policyholder is at a funeral and is unavailable.

The policyholder distinctly told me this morning that all I’d have to pay for would be the excess. She said this the last time I was lumped with the full fvcking bill too - that she claimed back and then fvcking spent.

The policyholder has a habit of never sharing the full details of any given situation, never handing over all the documents I might ever need for said task and almost always being totally wrong. Given that the policyholder will be returning home feeling a bit weepy, I’m not going to be able to share my full feelings on the matter when she does.

She sounds just like my policyholder

That’ll be £385, please. 

The word 'Vet' in Latin must mean licence to print money.
I had a similar experience recently where on a routine examination the vet advised she could hear an irregular heartbeat in my pooch & said they could set up a consultation with another branch to have it investigated, the investigation would consist of an ultrasound (the type for seeing ya unborn child) & a chat & all for just £1500.
I have insurance but £1500 to put a bit of gel on her belly & do a 1 minute, at most, ultrasound check is taking the p's, especially considering i recently had an MRI scan taking 15minutes which only cost £325 privately, MRI :dunno: ultrasound hmmm.
We left it as she was ok & has been her normal self since but It would seem they are taking advantage of the love people have for their pets.

Next occupation down is dentists but that's for a didn't post.

• Like 1

Never had a pet so the price of vet bills is an alien world to me.  I once collected some "special" cat food for my Aunt's cat that was basically fat and needed it to lose weight (I made a cheaper alternative suggestion that wasn't deemed appropriate).

Long story short, £80 for a week's worth of cat food.  When the lady said the price I literally burst out laughing assuming she was taking the piss.  How wrong I was and the memory of it still haunts me to this day.

4 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Never had a pet so the price of vet bills is an alien world to me.  I once collected some "special" cat food for my Aunt's cat that was basically fat and needed it to lose weight (I made a cheaper alternative suggestion that wasn't deemed appropriate).

Long story short, £80 for a week's worth of cat food.  When the lady said the price I literally burst out laughing assuming she was taking the piss.  How wrong I was and the memory of it still haunts me to this day.

Our dogs have Lidl sardines with meal and own brand Weetabix. Miles cheaper than pet food.

We also save on toys as I let them chase and attempt to kill neighbourhood cats that come in our garden to shit.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

The word 'Vet' in Latin must mean licence to print money.
I had a similar experience recently where on a routine examination the vet advised she could hear an irregular heartbeat in my pooch & said they could set up a consultation with another branch to have it investigated, the investigation would consist of an ultrasound (the type for seeing ya unborn child) & a chat & all for just £1500.
I have insurance but £1500 to put a bit of gel on her belly & do a 1 minute, at most, ultrasound check is taking the p's, especially considering i recently had an MRI scan taking 15minutes which only cost £325 privately, MRI :dunno: ultrasound hmmm.
We left it as she was ok & has been her normal self since but It would seem they are taking advantage of the love people have for their pets.

Next occupation down is dentists but that's for a didn't post.

I wish I had known this before paying £1800 for my dog to have his MRI......which didn't find any of the scary things the vet suggested. He needed a tooth out. Another £600. Which did at least make my dentist costs seem slightly more reasonable. Only slightly, mind.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really must try to find one of these policyholders....

I'd say don't, but I have just received a text to say the insurance company and vet have been sorted. Policyholders aren't completely awful.

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'd say don't, but I have just received a text to say the insurance company and vet have been sorted. Policyholders aren't completely awful.

Is the policyholder reimbursing you this time, though?