Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Safehouse.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I didn't watch last night, and for some reason the predictably bad football excuses the excessive hatred in the main forum. 

Look after yourselves people, that's the best you can do. 

Agreed.

When Shankly said that football was a greater matter than life or death, he wasn't actually serious. Folks should really extend that to health, too.

Edited by leicsmac

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Agreed.

When Shankly said that football was a greater matter than life or death, he wasn't actuality serious. Folks should really extend that to health, too.

I remember our discussion after the Selby final and the importance of sport in life, and I mentioned it in the depression thread too. I get we're all passionate about the club and want it to do well, and it almost seems daft going nuts over the highs if you are going to try and wash over the lows, but you kind of have to. We have little control over it, even well run clubs can hit a buffer have a bad run and struggle. There's no point getting worked up over it, if you hang your happiness on the performance of 15 to 20 young men playing a sport you'll never be happy. I'm disappointed, gutted to be honest, but I'm not about the call someone a **** because they think it's down to a different reason to me. We all have our own opinions on how it happened but there's no point arguing over it. It probably a little bit of each one anyway.

We'll be back. It might be instantly, it might take a few years but we'll be back. Coventry have been down to league 2, lost a ground, twice, and are close to coming back. Luton have been to non league and they are on the brink. Part of being a football fan is the rollercoaster. 2016 was so special because this is very much what we're used to.

• Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I remember our discussion after the Selby final and the importance of sport in life, and I mentioned it in the depression thread too. I get we're all passionate about the club and want it to do well, and it almost seems daft going nuts over the highs if you are going to try and wash over the lows, but you kind of have to. We have little control over it, even well run clubs can hit a buffer have a bad run and struggle. There's no point getting worked up over it, if you hang your happiness on the performance of 15 to 20 young men playing a sport you'll never be happy. I'm disappointed, gutted to be honest, but I'm not about the call someone a **** because they think it's down to a different reason to me. We all have our own opinions on how it happened but there's no point arguing over it. It probably a little bit of each one anyway.

We'll be back. It might be instantly, it might take a few years but we'll be back. Coventry have been down to league 2, lost a ground, twice, and are close to coming back. Luton have been to non league and they are on the brink. Part of being a football fan is the rollercoaster. 2016 was so special because this is very much what we're used to.

Exactly this, man. Fully agreed.

I suspect I / we may get accused of being holier than thou over this. For me, it is actually recognising I'm lucky that I've learnt to get off that hook, and I wish other people happiness. I find observing evident distress and trauma troubling, and I wish people were more able to exhibit control and calm. 

Sadly, I fear some people are addicted to unhappiness and want everyone else down there for company. 

• Like 1

Come on, out with you all. Shooo, shoo. 

None of you seem to understand the rules of the Safe House, so back into GenChat you must go.

And whomsoever has decided not to actually use the toilet while going to the toilet can just jolly well clean it up now. Being both serious and reckless in this thread is completely unacceptable.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

New extension now built ..  seating for over 20,000 now in place.  :thumbup:

Think you are mixing the Safehouse with the Apathy House there

Edited by Nalis

• 2 months later...
On 30/07/2023 at 17:55, Trav Le Bleu said:

The safehouse should be grade II listed.

I don't think Grade II is high enough, we should go II*.

Given this thread goes back to 2007 and is still used regularly, I think thats probably more apt...

How are listed buildings graded?

Grade I buildings are of exceptional interest, only 2.5% of listed buildings are Grade I

Grade II* buildings are particularly important buildings of more than special interest; 5.8% of listed buildings are Grade II*

Grade II buildings are of special interest; 91.7% of all listed buildings are in this class and it is the most likely grade of listing for a home owner.

I will do the application using my relevant expertise :thumbup:

• Like 1

I don't understand the dislike of the Safehouse thread.  This is merely a place to come for a bit of lighthearted chat when things go awry.  Not judging or criticising anyone else, we all let off steam in our own way.  Its just this way doesn't involve slagging off anyone in the post match thread.  Which obviously makes us better people, more witty and intelligent and so on, but you know were not rubbing it in anyones faces.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

A nice drop of cab and some strawberry cheesecake in the garden, delightful!

What?

You didn't know we had a garden?!

Admittedly, 12 ft tall concrete wall with gun turrets, but on a day like today, I'm outside!

I thought this place had closed down - nobody going in or out for weeks. Standing room only this time last year. 

I'm just going to sit in the garden with a quiet pint and let the world go on elsewhere... 

• 3 months later...

So.... anyway... we went on a lovely walk... oh... erm... no sugar for me thanks. Now, where was I? Oh yes, lovely walk, Watermead Park, have you been there? King Lear is supposed to be buried there, which is weird, since he's fictional, but still, nice peaceful walk, you'd like it, I think.