Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Safehouse.

I have a WhatsApp group with many former top posting members of the forum.

Sometimes I’m confused as to why they left. And days like today I’m confused why haven’t done so yet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stinkenzo said:

How do you try to like football a little less?

Started doing this about 5 years ago, it's mad how much it takes over some lives. 

So much more to life and actually nice to not worry if a bunch of millionaires win or lose at the weekend. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Maybe I'm getting too old for this business, but I've seen those sort of matches hundreds of times, and s**t happens sometimes.

So have I - it came with the club that I have supported since childhood. Difference was back then, the village idiots didn't have internet connections. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Started doing this about 5 years ago, it's mad how much it takes over some lives. 

So much more to life and actually nice to not worry if a bunch of millionaires win or lose at the weekend. 

How do you do it? lol by no means am I a hardcore fan but something seemed to change a few years ago where my mood would be greatly affected by the football if it didn't go well. I think I've just grown to become tiresome of the negativity specifically here, and around social media as a whole. Definitely isn't healthy. Like I want to vent and be frustrated at the players on days like today and then you see the absolute OTT shite from others on here and suddenly I seem like the calm one. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

How do you do it? lol by no means am I a hardcore fan but something seemed to change a few years ago where my mood would be greatly affected by the football if it didn't go well. I think I've just grown to become tiresome of the negativity specifically here, and around social media as a whole. Definitely isn't healthy. Like I want to vent and be frustrated at the players on days like today and then you see the absolute OTT shite from others on here and suddenly I seem like the calm one. 

For me, the big thing is watching my son play football. In U12s now so has been playing for 6 years or so.

You can't get too invested, as some players aren't as good as others, you get some very bad mistakes, and the refereeing can be poor.

But some people (kids and parents) take it very seriously - living every kick, complaining about tactics, yelling at referees etc and get angry and upset after. 

I also play once a week - 6 aside kickabout with mixed abilities, and some weeks you feel let down by others, some weeks it just doesn't go your way, and some weeks you can be on a real high afterwards! But I leave it all out there for that hour, and then move on with life. 

So all that has bled into my following of Leicester. And I still get very pissed off when we lose, but at the end of the day, its just another football match in the week. And after following Leicester for coming up for 40 years, there will always be another match next week anyway.

Although working with Ipswich and Norwich fans, I might not be too haooy going into work on Tuesday if we've lost to Norwich and are behind Ipswich in the league. That might spark some of the old anger!!! 

• Like 1

Biggest thing for me is falling out of love with football full stop. Its not what it was, it's a business now, not a sport. Even internationals are shit these days.

So I take an interest, watch when I can, but I got bigger things in my life than football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stinkenzo said:

The only way you can do is, it literally sit and think logically about what football is. The game has lost its soul. There is nothing to football now other than money. 

You have zero control over what happens on that pitch and you just have to realise that. See it as basically another TV show as that's all it is. Millionaires running about for billionaires. Players only care about themselves and basically only a handful only care about the fans. 

I still go the home games but I just watch it and sing along and then what ever the result by the time I'm out the ground it's gone. You move on to more important things like friends and family. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I told myself yesterday I'd give it a couple of days before I came on here.

Should've took my own advice.

Got any maple syrup for these pancakes @Jattdogg?

Avoiding the leicester city page until the Norwich game, can't be arsed to read the hatred/negativity.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I need to escape my eldest who thinks I’m stupid and uncaring because I didn’t ‘smash up the lounge’ yesterday 

I don’t remember being like that in the early nineties …..we had plenty of disappointments back then too 

The idiots were always there. Remember the rabid throng bricking windows outside the main stand and demanding the head of Smeaton on a plate? 

Saying that, they didn't have the toxic feed of the internet to voice and channel their hatred, which is corrosive and contagious.  

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Some of my old school friends - all educated and intelligent - are playing the victim over all of this. I'd rather be deemed 'stupid and uncaring' than prove what a mug I am in allowing events like these dictate my entire day/week/life. Sorry to hear of this @st albans fox

It’s ok - he’s moved on this morning with more important stuff !

i guess we’re all made differently - it does affect me because I am emotionally invested in the club but you learn to pigeon hole over time.  What really matters and what doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I need to escape my eldest who thinks I’m stupid and uncaring because I didn’t ‘smash up the lounge’ yesterday 

I don’t remember being like that in the early nineties …..we had plenty of disappointments back then too 

Only difference I'd suggest is that we didn't have the level of highs preceding that era than we have had in recent years. That and people are just angrier these days 

• Like 1