Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Safehouse.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you kidding? After the short-term memory tantrums yesterday?

Yeah...but if a last gasp loss doesn't get people in then what will?...point taken though (or rather not as it turned out)...I'll pop the key under the mat 😉 

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I shouldn't be surprised, but am always somehow taken aback by the venom.

You are right, you shouldn't be taken aback by the venom. It's a waste of being taken aback when you actually need it, like a nuclear war or the time you get your next energy bill.

'Hate Won't Win'. I'm not sure about that. Sounds very much like a victory of excessive optimism over experience, since at least three-quarters of the haters are not aware that they are actually being haters :ph34r: 

• 2 weeks later...

Need to rethink my superstitions. Was wearing my entire Cape Town Combo and had my flags all in the right place. For the FA Cup final I bought two bottles of my favourite whiskey and designated one the Celebration Whiskey and the other a Commiseration Whiskey. But but for the Euros Final and tonight I only bought one and called it my Schrödinger‘s Whiskey. Did I make a mistake? Am I putting too much thought into it? Will I ever be happy again? I am so confused. 

On 06/05/2022 at 09:00, HighPeakFox said:

I just marked the whole site as read. I can recommend doing this from time to time. 

But...but...my last post. You selfish sod. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just came in to give the place a good old dust and tidy, given I suspect we’ll be entertaining guests very soon.

Sadly we can’t afford to add a new sofa until we’ve sold the existing one, so you’ll have to make do with the furniture that we have and arrange it as you see fit.

We’re also taking offers for the family silverware to help us keep up with the mortgage repayments.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Just came in to give the place a good old dust and tidy, given I suspect we’ll be entertaining guests very soon.

Sadly we can’t afford to add a new sofa until we’ve sold the existing one, so you’ll have to make do with the furniture that we have and arrange it as you see fit.

We’re also taking offers for the family silverware to help us keep up with the mortgage repayments.

The beer fridge was sold to a safe house in France so we’ve got to use two buckets now filled with cold water ..  unfortunately during a preseason test run one bucket got a hole in it and is out of action for 4 weeks and yesterday someone from the Chelsea safe house put an offer in for the other bucket ! ..  jeez when things go wrong ..  they really go wrong !! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...