Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

What are you eating now?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever done the eating challenge at Jones cafe on Queens Road? I see there is an article about some american eater doing it. Might try it, looks pretty nice.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/American-professional-eater-completes-big/story-25920298-detail/story.html

Edited by Unabomber

Has anyone ever done the eating challenge at Jones cafe on Queens Road? I see there is an article about some american eater doing it. Might try it, looks pretty nice.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/American-professional-eater-completes-big/story-25920298-detail/story.html

I tried and failed but to be fair I had a massive dinner the night before and tried the challenge on a whim. It's not too hard and I would have completed it in a proper state. The trick is to make little sandwiches out of the toast and egg. The woman said she thought I was gonna do it but I slowed down horrendously in the last 10 minutes. I left a sausage, 2 bacon, 1 hash brown and 3 pancakes (which are the worst as they end up being like a sponge in your stomach).

Is that timed? It looks do-able, but the amount of bread there looks off-putting. Need to let that soak in the sauce before eating. How much is it for a pop?

i know this might be hard to believe,but despite my frail ,painfully thin appearance I could give that a go.What I like is the bitchy comments,it's exactly the same in the Cambridge Evening nuisance .

Just had some lasagne for tea, delightful.

I was thinking my favourite teas all seem to have mince and cheese in it, like burritos as well. Is there anything else with beef mince and cheese in it I should try?

I was thinking my favourite teas all seem to have mince and cheese in it, like burritos as well. Is there anything else with beef mince and cheese in it I should try?

Chilli topped with cheese.

A burger topped with cheese.

A cottage pie topped with cheese.

Pasta with meatballs topped with cheese.

Beef taco salad topped with cheese.

• Like 1

cheese topped with mince makes a nice change from boring mince topped with cheese.

Anyone got an Aga? At the moment it's just a large warm object that's nice to cuddle but I'm told I can cook on/in it. It has no apparent controls or instructions. Bizarre. *eyes it with suspicion*

I fear I'm going to have to buy a book about it and do some proper research. :/