Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

What are you eating now?

For three months I've been on the Slimming World diet. I don't go to group, but Mrs Col does, so we've been doing the diet together. She's lost three stone :o and I've lost two..

So this evening, I went to Males, in Blaby, bought some duck and cover, and came out £400 less than when I went in.

It's great. I feel very different and can now wear clothes, comfortably, that I haven't been able to get into for yonks. The best bit about it is being able to eat filling food, but cook it correctly and simply cut some bits out.

Now the idea is to maintain it. On the downside, I've genuinely felt much colder since the weight loss. Less blubber going on, I guess.

• Like 1

I bought some blue legs (a type of mushroom) because I'd been told what a delicacy they are. £4 a pound and tbh they don't taste much different to ordinary mushrooms.Very disappointing.

Apparently, they are quite common in Leicestershire, Webbo, if being free might improve the flavour...

http://www.mushroomdiary.co.uk/tag/blue-leg/

I'd never risk picking wild mushrooms. I don't know enough about them not to end up eating something poisonous.

10rrxcf4j514w.JPG

Come on now, don't tell me you didn't spend your formative years on your hands and knees crawling through the grass, giggling whilst looking for the above......

10rrxcf4j514w.JPG

Come on now, don't tell me you didn't spend your formative years on your hands and knees crawling through the grass, giggling whilst looking for the above......

Ahhhhhh.... Psilocybin.

Best mushroom omlette I ever made. :)

MG-paarssteelschijnridder-kl_01.jpg

Blue legs are quite easy to recognise.  I've put up this picture, as it seems to be the most realistic I could find & the closest to what I've seen.  The blue tint is only slight & the cap a grey beige & slimy as hell.  I've picked hundreds but they look revolting & have never eaten any.

I used to work with a bloke who would spend all day looking for blue legs & sold them down his local.  There are loads of them everywhere - not just in forests, but pretty much anywhere.  The largest haul I ever found was in a disused council garage site

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

MG-paarssteelschijnridder-kl_01.jpg

Blue legs are quite easy to recognise.  I've put up this picture, as it seems to be the most realistic I could find & the closest to what I've seen.  The blue tint is only slight & the cap a grey beige & slimy as hell.  I've picked hundreds but they look revolting & have never eaten any.

I used to work with a bloke who would spend all day looking for blue legs & sold them down his local.  There are loads of them everywhere - not just in forests, but pretty much anywhere.  The largest haul I ever found was in a disused council garage site

Blue legs are lovely - I find it bizarre that people tend to only eat the white common mushrooms (that I'm not even sure the name of) when there are so many edible varities. Beefsteak, oyster and puffballs (no jokes) are all nice too.

Currently eating a vintage cheddar and branston pickle, brown bread sandwich.