Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

You'll be fine. Your taper will allow you to recover and refresh and you'll be absolutely buzzing on marathon day right from the moment you get up and have breakfast with the other runners, getting the tube to the start as the crowds build with a real sense of nervous excitement, you'll feel fantastic on the start line. If you can, the day before get a tube to the finish on the Mall and sit in the park watching them set up the finish line, just helps get you in the mood and builds up the exitement. Try not to do too much though, I find travelling around on the tube tiring and massively dehydrating.

but you said............

Just standing down by the Houses of Parliament watching the race and what do I see but a statue of a gentleman named Lord Smuts.

An omen.

I'm in ****ing tatters. What a terrible idea that was. Finished in 6 hours and 49 seconds.

Ruined with cramp from mile 11. Made it onto the BBC website and according to the announcer at the finish line I was also on TV and Steve Cram said I was looking good around the 5 mile mark. Not been able to verify that yet.

ohhhhhhhhhh smutsy is a runner he wears a runners vest 

an when he runs a marathon he finds is quite a test 

sometimes it takes him all day 

might even take all night 

but we still all love smutsy cos his tache is a delight ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Great effort Smuts, how much did you raise in the end?

I'm at 2.5k with a fair bit of cash still to put in. Should tip 3k. Happy with that.

ohhhhhhhhhh smutsy is a runner he wears a runners vest

an when he runs a marathon he finds is quite a test

sometimes it takes him all day

might even take all night

but we still all love smutsy cos his tache is a delight ohhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm a modern day Iwan Roberts with the hair of Jamie Lawrence.

Well done Smuts,the Mrs competed last year and got an injury the week before after all that training,hoping for 4.20 ish did 5H.

Big respect man for doing it,I know how much hard work goes into it beforehand and I know I could never do it.

Looked out at mile 13 but didn't see him  :(

How did your sister get on?

She did 5:42:09 after a halted training programme, so really well thanks. Congratulations Smuts, reason I didn't see you is I was in the queue for the portaloo after waiting for my sister and dad to come along!

Have fun walking about tomorrow, I'm inspired to do it in a few years. 

I'm in the worst shape of my life Finners - stupidest decision I've ever made. Never again. Also I've just cottoned on to why I'm smiling in that picture. Lucy's arse was spectacular.

The bloke with the BBC sport bib,knew of your Tinder experience.look at his number.

Archived