Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah but hour much do you pay for a beer?

I remember getting charged $17 in Sydney. I wanted to cry.

You still get charged about $6 for Carlton Draught which tasted like piss.

57 minutes ago, MattP said:

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/65459

Oh dear. Least it's not a zero I suppose. 

Glass half full and all that. It's important to note that aesthetically, it apparently looked OK.

I've been poisoned by better places than that. And been back to them!

Makes it more exciting

I'm sure I've told the story of the takeaway further up Hinckley Road (sadly now closed) where my order tasted a bit odd and I basically started shitting myself while I was still eating it.

I didn't think that was even possible, but you just know, don't you? See also tainted Morrisons spaghetti carbonara ready meal

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Glass half full and all that. It's important to note that aesthetically, it apparently looked OK.

I've been poisoned by better places than that. And been back to them!

Makes it more exciting

I think we'll agree to disagree on that last line lol

I could probably be convinced to eat in a three, but I'm not touching a place that's hygiene rating is a one.

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think we'll agree to disagree on that last line lol

I could probably be convinced to eat in a three, but I'm not touching a place that's hygiene rating is a one.

Just go next door to Po Wing, they've got a 5. I'm pleasantly surprised by that, not that I thought it would be particularly bad. Not much use if you want a pizza, granted.

I do think it's hard to tell from what you can see what they're like food safety wise. Who would've suspected Shimla Pinks, for example? (I assume they've sorted themselves out now)

Neighbours blaring out Oasis at this time of night, in a block of flats. I'm not 100% sure who it is, so can't confront them. And I don't care that's it's Friday night, they don't know that I and others don't have work tomorrow. I usually get up earlyish on a Saturday to go gym, that ain't happening now, I'm not getting any sleep until gone 1 or 2 by the looks of it.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Neighbours blaring out Oasis at this time of night, in a block of flats. I'm not 100% sure who it is, so can't confront them. And I don't care that's it's Friday night, they don't know that I and others don't have work tomorrow. I usually get up earlyish on a Saturday to go gym, that ain't happening now, I'm not getting any sleep until gone 1 or 2 by the looks of it.

Playing Oasis in 2017 is a capital offence, at any time of day.

With a bit of luck they'll have a medical emergency that'll put them off their stride

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

You're just gonna have to roll with it.

But don't look back in anger.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Just stop crying your heart out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milo said:

The price of a drink on a night out. Was out last night and was paying £9.45 for a glass of wine in an All Bar One :o

Wtf is that all about????

Why would they charge less when you were seemingly content to be ripped off?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Buce said:
3 hours ago, Milo said:

The price of a drink on a night out. Was out last night and was paying £9.45 for a glass of wine in an All Bar One :o

Wtf is that all about????

Why would they charge less when you were seemingly content to be ripped off?

I don't think I looked particularly fvcking content when I went to pay for it, tbh...

No problem with businesses making money, just don't need to take the piss, that's all.

Commentators apologising if any bad language is heard on the TV. Swearing happens in football, if you don't want to hear it switch the sound off. Or if the broadcasters are worried about it, take away the pitchside microphones.

On 27/10/2017 at 14:42, Bellend Sebastian said:

Well hopefully it's not the place you're thinking of.  I've not been in there for a while but I believe my man Hassan is still running the show and I've never had any concerns over cleanliness. Lovely clean man, he is

Is he still there?? Looks remarkably like Frankie Detorri