Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

There was me thinking LinkedIn was a jobsite lol 

Its basically a Facebook for professional personas and I use the word professional lightly.

To be fair, a lot of people are rightly calling out others on the Eriksen posts.

Ohh i wonder why dont people trust the Government and its tracing app?

The state’s attorney-general, John Quigley, has revealed senior police have twice issued notices to the WA health department requiring them to hand over data from the SafeWA app since mandatory registration at venues was first enforced in December.

The data was obtained to assist investigations into a murder and an attempted murder.

The opposition leader, Mia Davies, on Tuesday labelled it a “massive breach of public trust”, saying West Australians had been assured their data would only be used for contact tracing purposes to keep them safe during the pandemic.

Urgent legislation will be introduced to parliament to restrict the use of the data for contact tracing purposes.

46 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

LinkedIn is the worst. This is perfect though

FA7AA78C-C117-4001-9613-871143002784.jpeg

****ing despise LinkedIn and it really irritates me that unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to do my job without it. Stuff like this brightens it up a bit though - and Mike M (Winnet) he’s well funny as well. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Manini said:

****ing despise LinkedIn and it really irritates me that unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to do my job without it. Stuff like this brightens it up a bit though - and Mike M (Winnet) he’s well funny as well. 

Mike Winnet is brilliant. I love how he doesn’t give a fvck and exposes these contrapeneurs for what they really are. He’s a breath of fresh air on LI

19 hours ago, Nalis said:

I've seen so many posts on LinkedIn (I have to use it for work) about Eriksen's  collapse, ones like 'here's what true leadership looks like' with a pic of Kjaer on the pitch.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I find it a bit distasteful to use a horrific incident to fish for likes and shares.

Linkedin is becoming way to facebooky. People posting about news stuff that doesnt belong on the platform  or how some dude saved a moth and is somehow a jeff linton protege who shits live pigs. 

I cringe on the daily about the new inspirational "post" and infighting between LinkedIn members on a controversial topic where employers can see how much of a bell you are. Ffs people!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Linkedin is becoming way to facebooky. People posting about news stuff that doesnt belong on the platform  or how some dude saved a moth and is somehow a jeff linton protege who shits live pigs. 

I cringe on the daily about the new inspirational "post" and infighting between LinkedIn members on a controversial topic where employers can see how much of a bell you are. Ffs people!

its just facebook for people who think they are better than facebook

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

its just facebook for people who think they are better than facebook

Didnt used to be that way but has changed a lot over the last several years. I got rid of facebook like 9 years ago or so. I wish i could change what shows up in my feed. Probably starts partially with deleting some connections.  I dont ever go into settings so perhaps i can control more of what shows?

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Didnt used to be that way but has changed a lot over the last several years. I got rid of facebook like 9 years ago or so. I wish i could change what shows up in my feed. Probably starts partially with deleting some connections.  I dont ever go into settings so perhaps i can control more of what shows?

perhaps, honestly i just stopped opening it unless i had to. too many takes on there being posted just for impressions and conversation. i had to resist the urge to call out the bullshit because in doing so i would give them what they want, a reaction. plus i have to be careful in front of our sponsors, so i just leave it alone now unless we have an event running. and dont get me started on the random DM's from people trying to a get a foot in with you or one of your connections.  social media is just bullshit

26 minutes ago, Beliall said:

perhaps, honestly i just stopped opening it unless i had to. too many takes on there being posted just for impressions and conversation. i had to resist the urge to call out the bullshit because in doing so i would give them what they want, a reaction. plus i have to be careful in front of our sponsors, so i just leave it alone now unless we have an event running. and dont get me started on the random DM's from people trying to a get a foot in with you or one of your connections.  social media is just bullshit

I think its gained a lot of popularity over the last couple of years because of the amount of exposure you can get if you know how the algorithm works.

I do still see the benefits of it, that said though I do agree it's got a lot worse in terms of content becoming more like facebook. The stuff I've seen on Eriksen is ridiculous, but like you say if you call it out you are feeding into what they want.  

Edited by ajthefox

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Mike Winnet is brilliant. I love how he doesn’t give a fvck and exposes these contrapeneurs for what they really are. He’s a breath of fresh air on LI

A really savvy marketer in his own right too. Very clever bloke and as you say, enough about him to call the con men out for what they really are. Getting his book with blank pages on to the Amazon best sellers list was a stroke of genius. 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Birds who keep dropping bread in my birdbath. Fvcking cretins.

What about those birds that shoved their great feathered into the milk bottles, Gone was the cream, and in its place were fragments of milk bottle tops floating around. How dare they!

20 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

it’s an absolute cesspit isn’t it. these linkedin ‘influencers’ are the worst 

always some crap about seeing a dog outside on the way to an interview, scratching its head and being late for the interview, get there, THE DOG IS THE INTERVIEWER

bellends

It's the most pretentious social media platform out there, just basically Facebook but every cvnt on there is wearing a suit and backslapping other cvnts for a payrise or whatever. I felt the need to sign up when I was placed on redundancy notice (luckily I managed to keep my job in the end) but I hated everything about it. If you click on someone's profile, they get a notification you've done that so you look like a stalker. The job search part is useless, I set my search to Leicestershire and they'd constantly spam email me with jobs that were in London and often not relevant. Also unlike other job sites hardly anyone ever states what salary you'd be looking at. Utter shit

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's the most pretentious social media platform out there, just basically Facebook but every cvnt on there is wearing a suit and backslapping other cvnts for a payrise or whatever. I felt the need to sign up when I was placed on redundancy notice (luckily I managed to keep my job in the end) but I hated everything about it. If you click on someone's profile, they get a notification you've done that so you look like a stalker. The job search part is useless, I set my search to Leicestershire and they'd constantly spam email me with jobs that were in London and often not relevant. Also unlike other job sites hardly anyone ever states what salary you'd be looking at. Utter shit

I would get emails when people clicked on my profile saying "Someone has noticed you on LinkedIn" Made it sound like a bloody dating website. I thought it would at least use some business speech bollocks like someone wants to network with you lol

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

No need to delete your connections - just unfollow them. I’ve got about 2000 connections on LI but only follow about 50 so only see their posts in my feed.

LI is mainly shite these days but does have a few benefits. I’ve won quite a bit of business from it over the years so can’t knock it too much I suppose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I would get emails when people clicked on my profile saying "Someone has noticed you on LinkedIn" Made it sound like a bloody dating website. I thought it would at least use some business speech bollocks like someone wants to network with you lol

every site is a dating site if you’re creepy enough…apparently 

• Haha 2