Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

18 hours ago, Collymore said:

Sam Matterface and ITV Sport

The choice of Matterface as main commentator was always odd. It's not as though he's pulled up trees as a radio commentator.

I'm not massively fond of Tyldesley and I think he's benefitting from not being Matterface and also being paired with Ally McCoist but if these are the two to choose from, Tyldesley is far better.

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Getting a key cut, it not working and after 5 trips back to get it sorted it STILL not working. Is it that hard to do?

I went to a well known purveyor of key cutting services - why do they always sell shoelaces and polish too? - anyway, they took 3 or 4 attempts to cut a key that worked.

Annoyed me enough to email their head office. Received full recompense and a few extra quid on top, in the form of vouchers

I went back to the shop and bought some..................... shoe laces and polish.

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

be fair to them, they've been massively busy during the pandemic

#KeyWorkers 

My colleague was telling me that he told a variation of that joke in the locksmiths where he is a regular customer, and amazingly it was not received well

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I went to a well known purveyor of key cutting services - why do they always sell shoelaces and polish too? - anyway, they took 3 or 4 attempts to cut a key that worked.

Annoyed me enough to email their head office. Received full recompense and a few extra quid on top, in the form of vouchers

I went back to the shop and bought some..................... shoe laces and polish.

I took my keys there on the fifth trip to see if they could sort them, and although they put them in their machine as well and filed them down a bit, naturally it made no difference.

Whilst I was there though, I discovered that the owner of that business has written a range of books about a variety of mental health issues that they were giving away in the branch, which I must admit I was not expecting

Wasting so much Time,posts  & space on Commentators & pundits,Everyday & week...what Great lives you must all have..

Sorry I Dont get how  they stays such a discussional point

Most of the continual yapping on their competence , is worse than what ever they deliver...

I concentrate on the game, the commentary is totally irrelevant..

Pundits debate are interesting during the break, & as a post match listen ,

whether I agree with them or not...In fact I prefer the different pOVs they bring,how boring if we always agreed.

Listening to the various pundits occasionally I cant see the nuance of Belittling it,no matter who the ex-Player is..

One hears the opinions from those individuals that come from withinside the Profi-game & how After their career's experience,they Porträt & perfekte the game

Though I would Love a chosen neutral fan, to be on all Top tv-channel pundit-panels...but god forbid if it was anything I last saw on gogglebox years ago..!

Now you see!! Its all yus fault, I have just wasted so much Time & space...:whistle:

On 07/07/2021 at 19:15, tom27111 said:

My mobile phone insurance.

Firstly, it's partly my fault, I'm lazy, so I just pay 15 quid a month for Monzo premium, that gives me lots of benefits, including phone insurance.

2 weeks ago, I dropped my mobile, it smashed quite badly front and back and the top 3cm of the touchscreen didn't recognise and touch, making it completely unusable.

Made a claim on the insurance. £75 excess, which is a lot, but that's my fault for not checking.

Paid the excess, waited for instructions. 3 days later, nothing. I had to phone them to get them to email the claim details so I could send my phone to them, at my cost.

I was told they fix or replace the phone in 3 working days. 

I'm now on the 5th working day of them having the phone and heard nothing. Phoned them up to ask for an update and nobody can give me any info.

If I'd been sensible and took insurance with O2, I'd have had a new phone within 24 hours for only 20 quid excess.

This place is regulated by the FCA, so I'm kicking off tomorrow.

Telling them I'll invoice them a tenner a day until I get a phone back.

It is my fault for not checking the small print, but there's no excuse for service that poor.

Hi,

Not sure if someone has already said this; but the FCA and FOS will have zero interest in this until you can show you have exhausted the insurer's own complaints procedure; as outlined in their policy documents. Normally they specify how the complaint must be made (often in writing) and they then get say 21 / 28 days of whatever to resolve it; before you have the recourse of the supervisor/regulator.

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

Politicians who clearly aren't football fans jumping on the bandwagon. Especially this mob who were criticising players last year for not doing more and no doubt annoyed at them taking the knee.

Agreed. 

The absolute cvnt that is Priti Patel being the worst. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. 

The nadir was Rees-Mogg reciting some of World in Motion.

Yeah, bet he was singing that loud and proud during a World Cup qualifier at home to Malta.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

The nadir was Rees-Mogg reciting some of World in Motion.

Yeah, bet he was singing that loud and proud during a World Cup qualifier at home to Malta.

I heard about that but didn't see it. 

Didn't fancy having to bleach my eyes and ears out tbh. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Politicians who clearly aren't football fans jumping on the bandwagon. Especially this mob who were criticising players last year for not doing more and no doubt annoyed at them taking the knee.

Yeah they can **** right off the glory hunting willy pullers. I swear a lot of tories were against the players being against racism ffs. Stick to polo or whatever other posh shit sports they pretend to also like. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. 

The irony of Patel being that half this team probably wouldn't be English if her immigration policies were in place when their parents or grandparents came here, and Raheem Sterling definitely wouldn't be.

Edited by Facecloth

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Having to trim my nose, ear, and neck hair on a regular basis.

Life never used to be this complicated.

As we age the body changes, obviously, and for whatever evolutionary reason males and females tend to grow hair where it wasn't needed in earlier life. Also the nose and the ears are the only body parts that get bigger with age and that applies both to men and women.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

As we age the body changes, obviously, and for whatever evolutionary reason males and females tend to grow hair where it wasn't needed in earlier life. Also the nose and the ears are the only body parts that get bigger with age and that applies both to men and women.

Good to know. And with pubes turning grey too, it's just one big happy party of change :unsure:

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Good to know. And with pubes turning grey too, it's just one big happy party of change :unsure:

Something else to look forward to... in my professional life I have seen several geriatrics naked. Not a pretty sight or thought, but many of them have the appearance of having had a full Brazilian waxing :blink:

• Haha 2