Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Drivers who return to full beam headlights before they've actually passed you. Why would you knowingly blind someone hurtling towards you at 60 mph in a tonne plus of metal.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING MAN????? IT'S A 30MPH SPEED LIMIT ROUND HERE.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

People equating getting twatted with having fun, as if it's the only acceptable way to enjoy an evening.

It seems to be a very British thing that tbh - getting pissed off your face being fun.

I mean, other places do get shitfaced too but for different reasons, over here it's because it's a cultural expectation to get blackout drunk with the boss.

On 02/07/2021 at 20:11, Unabomber said:

There is a guy who had started a just giving page for that German girl who cried when we beat them. It has now raised over £19k. That grinds my gears. Probably the weirdest thing I have seen since the Dom Cummings out door interview last year when he got caught at that castle. 

Now at nearly £35k :nigel:

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

We need a wtf reaction for stuff like this, it's absurd! 

Anyone know if the family has said anything about it? 

Nah he isn’t in contact with them. He’s prob gonna just buy himself a Porsche 

On 03/07/2021 at 09:13, Duquesne Whistle said:

Drivers who return to full beam headlights before they've actually passed you. Why would you knowingly blind someone hurtling towards you at 60 mph in a tonne plus of metal.

I always have my car's sun visor down when driving at night, to cope with headlight dazzle.

Guest Bert Fill
38 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I always have my car's sun visor down when driving at night, to cope with headlight dazzle.

I just drive with my eyes closed.

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

How does that work? The sun is in the sky therefore the visor helps with the angle of attack of the brightness. Headlights are just above ground level and will shine under the visor unless your driving a skateboard.

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

How does that work? The sun is in the sky therefore the visor helps with the angle of attack of the brightness. Headlights are just above ground level and will shine under the visor unless your driving a skateboard.

By raising my head position, only the near distance of the road ahead is visible, blocking out on-coming headlight glare for as long as safely possible.

What is it with old folk and cyclists? By old, I.meannthay awful demographic in their early 60s. Still relatively fit and compos but entitled and arrogant in the extreme. 

They either don't hear a multiple polite ring ring as you approach and jump.out their skin as you pass or, as happened yesterday, when on a gentle bike ride with my daughter, they refuse to make room on a pavement on the basis it's for pedestrians and not cyclists (true, but it's  a child going at 3mph ffs. Have a little bit of empathy, you sad entitled old fcks)

On 02/07/2021 at 20:11, Unabomber said:

There is a guy who had started a just giving page for that German girl who cried when we beat them. It has now raised over £19k. That grinds my gears. Probably the weirdest thing I have seen since the Dom Cummings out door interview last year when he got caught at that castle. 

This is all going a bit south for him tonight...

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

What is it with old folk and cyclists? By old, I.meannthay awful demographic in their early 60s. Still relatively fit and compos but entitled and arrogant in the extreme. 

They either don't hear a multiple polite ring ring as you approach and jump.out their skin as you pass or, as happened yesterday, when on a gentle bike ride with my daughter, they refuse to make room on a pavement on the basis it's for pedestrians and not cyclists (true, but it's  a child going at 3mph ffs. Have a little bit of empathy, you sad entitled old fcks)

I think 60s is that age where people think "its my time to be that person".

Either that or they are just coonts haha

My mobile phone insurance.

Firstly, it's partly my fault, I'm lazy, so I just pay 15 quid a month for Monzo premium, that gives me lots of benefits, including phone insurance.

2 weeks ago, I dropped my mobile, it smashed quite badly front and back and the top 3cm of the touchscreen didn't recognise and touch, making it completely unusable.

Made a claim on the insurance. £75 excess, which is a lot, but that's my fault for not checking.

Paid the excess, waited for instructions. 3 days later, nothing. I had to phone them to get them to email the claim details so I could send my phone to them, at my cost.

I was told they fix or replace the phone in 3 working days. 

I'm now on the 5th working day of them having the phone and heard nothing. Phoned them up to ask for an update and nobody can give me any info.

If I'd been sensible and took insurance with O2, I'd have had a new phone within 24 hours for only 20 quid excess.

This place is regulated by the FCA, so I'm kicking off tomorrow.

Telling them I'll invoice them a tenner a day until I get a phone back.

It is my fault for not checking the small print, but there's no excuse for service that poor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

My mobile phone insurance.

Firstly, it's partly my fault, I'm lazy, so I just pay 15 quid a month for Monzo premium, that gives me lots of benefits, including phone insurance.

2 weeks ago, I dropped my mobile, it smashed quite badly front and back and the top 3cm of the touchscreen didn't recognise and touch, making it completely unusable.

Made a claim on the insurance. £75 excess, which is a lot, but that's my fault for not checking.

Paid the excess, waited for instructions. 3 days later, nothing. I had to phone them to get them to email the claim details so I could send my phone to them, at my cost.

I was told they fix or replace the phone in 3 working days. 

I'm now on the 5th working day of them having the phone and heard nothing. Phoned them up to ask for an update and nobody can give me any info.

If I'd been sensible and took insurance with O2, I'd have had a new phone within 24 hours for only 20 quid excess.

This place is regulated by the FCA, so I'm kicking off tomorrow.

Telling them I'll invoice them a tenner a day until I get a phone back.

It is my fault for not checking the small print, but there's no excuse for service that poor.

Covid innit....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Funnily enough, like every other company you call "Our service is severely hampered due to Covid 19...."

It's never affects their ability to take payments though. 

On 04/07/2021 at 20:01, Paninistickers said:

Phew! Had me worried for a minute. But then I realised I'm in my late 60s so maybe I'm released from the awful burden of guilt that your brilliantly argued point would have inevitably placed on my frail old shoulders. 

Relieved or what? 

• Haha 2