Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

No need to delete your connections - just unfollow them. I’ve got about 2000 connections on LI but only follow about 50 so only see their posts in my feed.

LI is mainly shite these days but does have a few benefits. I’ve won quite a bit of business from it over the years so can’t knock it too much I suppose. 

For a guy who works in IT, i should know better to look at these settings lol i guess i just dislike "IT" things outside of work and cant be bothered lol thanks, this helps! I have gone on a rampage unfollowing!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m seeing football more and more referred to as “ball”. I may be late to the game but why the **** can people not just say the one syllable word before it! I’m old and grumpy, I know. 

I love b.....nah I can’t say it. 

U don't know ball g, cry

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

lol and that is the other thing that annoys me. A debate gets a bit intense and it seems people (or should I say people on the right side of 30) respond with the word "cry". Too cool for school. 

I see it used as a response to any football-related grievance, no matter how legitimate or softly and politely expressed.

On 16/06/2021 at 11:16, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m seeing football more and more referred to as “ball”. I may be late to the game but why the **** can people not just say the one syllable word before it! I’m old and grumpy, I know. 

I love b.....nah I can’t say it. 

On a (not very) similar topic, It is quicker to say World Wide Web but no, nearly everyone says WWW

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

On a (not very) similar topic, It is quicker to say World Wide Web but no, nearly everyone says WWW

because WWW is the start of all email addresses and websites. whenever people are talking about the world wide web, they say internet. or world wide web. no one is saying " i was browsing the WWW last night"

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

because WWW is the start of all email addresses and websites. whenever people are talking about the world wide web, they say internet. or world wide web. no one is saying " i was browsing the WWW last night"

The World Wide Web and the Internet are different things 🤓

• Like 1

On 18/06/2021 at 10:48, walkerleeds said:

When BBC Sport catfish you into clicking a headline only for it to be bloody women's football or cricket.

This is absolutely part of an agenda and it's so frustrating. 

I have nothing against the women's game, i just follow the mens. Being tricked into reading about the women's game actually makes me dislike it. 

• Like 2

On 18/06/2021 at 10:48, walkerleeds said:

When BBC Sport catfish you into clicking a headline only for it to be bloody women's football or cricket.

Completely agree.

Most of us are happy to see the growth of women's sport and to have mainstream sports fans take an interest in it but the clickbait tactics of the BBC website have the opposite effect as people dont like being duped or tricked into looking at something completey different. They know exactly what they are doing when they have headlines like 'India take control against England before tea' or 'Arsenal star moves to Chelsea'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Completely agree.

Most of us are happy to see the growth of women's sport and to have mainstream sports fans take an interest in it but the clickbait tactics of the BBC website have the opposite effect as people dont like being duped or tricked into looking at something completey different. They know exactly what they are doing when they have headlines like 'India take control against England before tea' or 'Arsenal star moves to Chelsea'.

It does the women's game a disservice at the core of it. It's a tacit admission that they don't have faith in the women's game. 

Greatest Hits Radio. I never thought Heart would be beaten for repetitive, same old playlist every single day but this lot has trounced them. I listen to 10/15 minutes per day as I flick through channels and pretty much every day I'm guaranteed to hear Starman by Bowie, Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac or Message in a Bottle by The Police.

The music isn't terrible; the playlist is. Such a shame that many local radio stations, who had decent variety, were binned for this.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Greatest Hits Radio. I never thought Heart would be beaten for repetitive, same old playlist every single day but this lot has trounced them. I listen to 10/15 minutes per day as I flick through channels and pretty much every day I'm guaranteed to hear Starman by Bowie, Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac or Message in a Bottle by The Police.

The music isn't terrible; the playlist is. Such a shame that many local radio stations, who had decent variety, were binned for this.

They don't care about the music variety. They care about advertising revenue. A lot of commercial radio is background music in a warehouse or something similar. 

I personally cannot abide any commercial radio. It's a cheap way of attracting advertising because they can produce listening figures to sell advertising by playing the same "popular" tracks and using simple competitions to draw in listeners. IMO musical simpletons listen to commercial radio, with the probable exception of ClassicFM. Even they play largely the same content repeated over time.

8 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Sorry for going a bit 'real' and 'work' here but people who insist on a 30 email exchange as opposed to picking up the phone for 2 minutes. Time is valuable and lots of emails stresses me. Stress me. One of those. 

Whatever.

Back to talking about radio.

Wait until you're in approx 1,000,000 chats on Teams, fuch me productivity can take a huge dive. The mute button has become indispensable.

59 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Wait until you're in approx 1,000,000 chats on Teams, fuch me productivity can take a huge dive. The mute button has become indispensable.

I'm trying to work out why I get chat messages for meetings I declined.  Very annoying.

On 19/06/2021 at 20:22, Nalis said:

Completely agree.

It doesn't bother me as much personally, but I can definitely agree that it does seem sly and they know exactly what they're doing.

That being said, referring to it as 'Women's football' rather than just 'football' could make it seem a bit 'other' and belittles it slightly, so I can see why they don't want to do that. On the flip side they could caveat everything with the gender (Arsenal Mens star moves to Chelsea, Leicester Women win Championship, etc.) so its a level playing field, although I imagine there'd be a fair few who take offence at that also... :dunno:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Corky said:

They got rid of loads of well-known, respected local presenters in the process too. The Beeb must have been rubbing their hands with glee at Bauer's decision to do that as they basically now have a monopoly on local radio in many areas of the country.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

It doesn't bother me as much personally, but I can definitely agree that it does seem sly and they know exactly what they're doing.

That being said, referring to it as 'Women's football' rather than just 'football' could make it seem a bit 'other' and belittles it slightly, so I can see why they don't want to do that. On the flip side they could caveat everything with the gender (Arsenal Mens star moves to Chelsea, Leicester Women win Championship, etc.) so its a level playing field, although I imagine there'd be a fair few who take offence at that also... :dunno:

They could sort all this instantly. Have mens sport under  a blue banner, womens under pink.

What?  :dunno: