Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just now, tom27111 said:

No. You've bought it as a package which isn't really comparable.

The pub example I used wouldn't be fair either.

But if you both paid a fiver for a pint, but the bloke who goes in there every week gets 1 free for every 10 he buys, that's fine and rewarding loyalty.

Not ripping off people who occasionally pop in.

FFS Tom.

I love you man but you're having a mare here. Put the drink down lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Yellow stickers all over, decent savings as well.

Imagine getting triggered by a club card lol 

I'm not triggered lol

I just don't know how it's allowed to clearly charge a considerable amount more for exactly the same product.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not triggered lol

I just don't know how it's allowed to clearly charge a considerable amount more for exactly the same product.

It’s a standard practise, remember when season ticket holders get discount on shirts?

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

@tom27111 face when he saw Clubcard prices lol

Tesco Film Advert By BBH: The Power to Lower Prices | Ads of the World™

Too right!

I only nipped in on my way home from work.

I'm not taking the time to sign up to stop myself being ripped off.

I'll take my business elsewhere. 

Incidentally, I picked up the same stuff in Sainsburys for less than the Clubcard price anyway lol

Well Tesco must think I'm a woman in my mid 60s as I give my Clubcard to my mum to use in store. 

I use the Tesco Pay app which links with  and adds all the points to my Clubcard, and she then gets any vouchers to use for her  shopping. I mainly just use it for petrol as it has no contactless limit, and I don't take my debit card anywhere unless absolutely necessary. 

Best of both worlds. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I shouldn't have to.

Items should be the same price to anyone who chooses to go in there.

I shouldn't have to sign up to get a lower price.

If it was to get bonus points that I'd later redeem, fair enough, but I go in there maybe once a month at most.

Why should 5 items cost me almost 4 quid more? 

I'm not really wound up about it, but it definitely grinds my gears.

I can't think of anywhere else where you'd be charged an inflated price for the same product? 

It seems ethically wrong.

I simply won't go in there anymore.

You know Sainsbury’s give nectar card holders special offers too? lol

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You know Sainsbury’s give nectar card holders special offers too? lol

Yeah. But they won't charge me £2.57 for something or £4 for the same product for someone without a Nectar Card.

I might get 100 bonus points for buying it, but it will be the same price.

I don't get what's so hard to understand and why you don't get that it grinds my gears!

By all means, reward card holders and regular shoppers with points and rewards that you claim back as a result of shopping somewhere regularly, but don't charge a completely different price for something if you occasionally have to nip in to get a couple of bits.

If Tesco was closer to me than Sainsburys, I'd go there and have a Clubcard. I wouldn't have a Nectar Card as well, but if I was passing Sainsburys, I'd sometimes pop in and pay the same price as a Nectar Card holder.

Edit...and the worst thing is, the Clubcard price isn't actually cheap, it's the going rate. The non-clubcard price is extortionate. It's not like you're getting a good deal if you have a Clubcard. You're being ripped off if you don't. That makes a massive difference. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Because the Clubcards monitor your shopping habits. It's retail giants monitoring us. Doesn't matter that they say it's to "improve our shopping experience". That's bollux. They can acquire individual info about those who use any clubcard. Should be one price for all and then leave it to the individual to choose whether or not to have a clubcard then, like Boots, you can redeem the points at point of sale but even then, you have to swipe the card on every purchase so they still track your shopping in their stores.

Maybe more folk should use independents?

Also the Boots Advantage Card and the Nectar Card also monitors your shopping habits and sells that data on

9 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

That’s really tickled me, cheers Tom

Thankfully, a lot of things don't wind me up, I'm an easy going guy, so it's usually a very trivial thing lol

Unless you're doing 60 in the outside lane of the motorway, with nobody inside you.

Then I lose my shit. 

Especially if you've got Tesco bags in the rear window as I'm forced to undertake you lol

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

Well Tesco must think I'm a woman in my mid 60s as I give my Clubcard to my mum to use in store. 

I use the Tesco Pay app which links with  and adds all the points to my Clubcard, and she then gets any vouchers to use for her  shopping. I mainly just use it for petrol as it has no contactless limit, and I don't take my debit card anywhere unless absolutely necessary. 

Best of both worlds. 

Wait, you mean you're not...? :o