Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 hours ago, theessexfox said:

They can acquire individual info about those who use any clubcard

10 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Also the Boots Advantage Card and the Nectar Card also monitors your shopping habits and sells that data on

That's what I said.

14 hours ago, Rain King said:

Ah I've just read it's not in Tesco Express. That's what is near me that I'm in most days.

The Tesco Express and other branded convenience stores, now they rip you off. Compare the prices of almost all items in the express outlet to those in the main store and you'll find that they are inflated

Tesco and Sainsbury’s shoppers hit with higher prices at convenience stores (lovemoney.com)

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The Tesco Express and other branded convenience stores, now they rip you off. Compare the prices of almost all items in the express outlet to those in the main store and you'll find that they are inflated

Tesco and Sainsbury’s shoppers hit with higher prices at convenience stores (lovemoney.com)

Agreed, an absolute rip off. Unfortunately it's between our house and the school so invariably go in there when dropping/picking the kids up.

13 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Also the Boots Advantage Card and the Nectar Card also monitors your shopping habits and sells that data on

I wonder what the data actually shows what's not already pretty obvious to every man, woman and their dog? 

That most people shop on the same day of the week. Most buy more or less the same stuff every week. Most spend more or less the same amount each week. Most thrown in the trolley 2 or 3 random items when they see a 'offer' sticker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I wonder what the data actually shows what's not already pretty obvious to every man, woman and their dog? 

That most people shop on the same day of the week. Most buy more or less the same stuff every week. Most spend more or less the same amount each week. Most thrown in the trolley 2 or 3 random items when they see a 'offer' sticker. 

Well that's why they need research because it would be poor business to just assume that one's own habits can be used as a guide.  The individual data will also help to predict the habits of more well-defined cross sections of the population, for instance I would imagine the concept of a 'weekly' is more relevant to older people, those in rural areas, or families with kids.  Even when people think they have a 'weekly', how many drop in once or twice in the meantime for bits?  I'm sure the data tells them a lot more than you realise.

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Well yeah. You’re paying extra for the ‘convenience’ aren’t you. The clue is in the title  I suppose. 

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

Agreed, an absolute rip off. Unfortunately it's between our house and the school so invariably go in there when dropping/picking the kids up.

Which is convenient….

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Well yeah. You’re paying extra for the ‘convenience’ aren’t you. The clue is in the title  I suppose. 

No, actually I'm not. The fact that Tesco Express is 'convenient' shouldn't make a difference to their prices. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

No, actually I'm not. The fact that Tesco Express is 'convenient' shouldn't make a difference to their prices. 

If you want to pay less, drive all the way to their superstore then.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If you want to pay less, drive all the way to their superstore then.

It's not about me or my choices though. The fact remains that these convenience stores inflate their prices. Surely a packet of kellogs cornflakes should be the same price in every tesco shop regardless. Why is it £2 in a big store and £2:50 in the express? The same product, the same store name. Just why?

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's not about me or my choices though. The fact remains that these convenience stores inflate their prices. Surely a packet of kellogs cornflakes should be the same price in every tesco shop regardless. Why is it £2 in a big store and £2:50 in the express? The same product, the same store name. Just why?

It’s all about our choices mate.

Why is BP petrol 10p a litre more expensive at a motorway services than a town centre? - convenience.

Why is food at an M&S concession at a train station more than thier town centre stores? - convenience.

Our choice is either plan, get organised, and pay the lower price, or pay extra for the convenience.

I don’t blame retailers one bit for raising prices at convenience stores if shoppers have lazy buying habits.

Tesco Extra or whatever the smaller stores are called don't charge more because its convenient, its because the usually in town centres and built up area where rent and rates are higher, they also stock a limited range of products.

Edited by Facecloth

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Morons on the news moaning about the delay of all Coronavirus restrictions ending.

"We were told June 21st, you can't say a day then change it."

Actually, it was very clearly stipulated that this was a projected date, depending on the data and scientific advice and was subject to change.

A new dominant strain has developed, which is more transmissible and more likely to need hospital treatment.

We don't want to be back to square one.

If you've gambled your business on it, it's your own fault.

I do agree, I think the annoying thing is that strain should never have been given chance to take hold here, and a competent government would have stopped. Instead they are on the news dodging questions about why they stopped travel from places with better infection figures than India. I agree it was always a changeable date, but if they did their job properly it wouldn't be changing.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

I do agree, I think the annoying thing is that strain should never have been given chance to take hold here, and a competent government would have stopped. Instead they are on the news dodging questions about why they stopped travel from places with better infection figures than India. I agree it was always a changeable date, but if they did their job properly it wouldn't be changing.

Absolutely. 

Easy to say now, but I said it last March, shut down the borders, like Australia and New Zealand.

We're an island, it could have been totally minimised initially. 

26 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Dropped my work van back off earlier, because I've got the next 2 days off.

The Mrs picked me up. We needed a few bits from the shop.

You're all going to love this...

We were passing Tesco and she said "we'll go in here".

I went off on my Clubcard rant.

She said "I've got a Clubcard"

Mugged me right off lol

Golden lol

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Dropped my work van back off earlier, because I've got the next 2 days off.

The Mrs picked me up. We needed a few bits from the shop.

You're all going to love this...

We were passing Tesco and she said "we'll go in here".

I went off on my Clubcard rant.

She said "I've got a Clubcard"

Mugged me right off lol

You’ve got a keeper there. 

• Like 1

I've seen so many posts on LinkedIn (I have to use it for work) about Eriksen's  collapse, ones like 'here's what true leadership looks like' with a pic of Kjaer on the pitch.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I find it a bit distasteful to use a horrific incident to fish for likes and shares.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I've seen so many posts on LinkedIn (I have to use it for work) about Eriksen's  collapse, ones like 'here's what true leadership looks like' with a pic of Kjaer on the pitch.

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I find it a bit distasteful to use a horrific incident to fish for likes and shares.

There was me thinking LinkedIn was a jobsite lol 

• Haha 3