Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well that was absolutely fantastic, full album delivered flawlessly with all the characters represented on the stage and then a dozen or so bangers straight after. Ally Pally park a great venue too, that reverse slope gives everyone a great view. Cracker.

  • Like 4
Posted

Saw My Chemical Romance at Wembley and SOAD at Tottenham last Saturday/Monday. .

 

Both excellent but I didn’t stay over to keep the costs down. 
 

Even though I had seats for both it pretty much wiped me out for the rest of the week.  Maybe the heat didn’t help. 
 

Anyway I had a bit of a reset moment and decided to resell tickets for a number of gigs outside of the midlands for bands who I’m not absolutely desperate to see. 
 

New rule in place that trips to London/Manchester/Cardiff are now reserved for the absolutely must sees.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Are we allowed comedy gigs in this thread? 

 

Went to see James Acaster's latest show last night. Not seen him live before but really enjoyed it. Won't spoil it for anyone else potentially seeing him, but it was quite a unique take on stand up. 

  • Like 2
Posted
On 21/07/2026 at 20:48, Livid said:

Saw My Chemical Romance at Wembley and SOAD at Tottenham last Saturday/Monday. .

 

Both excellent but I didn’t stay over to keep the costs down. 
 

Even though I had seats for both it pretty much wiped me out for the rest of the week.  Maybe the heat didn’t help. 
 

Anyway I had a bit of a reset moment and decided to resell tickets for a number of gigs outside of the midlands for bands who I’m not absolutely desperate to see. 
 

New rule in place that trips to London/Manchester/Cardiff are now reserved for the absolutely must sees.

 

Some few days though that. MCR were brilliant when I saw them on the Friday, fully reminded me why they’ve been my favourite band for the last 20 odd years.

  • Like 1
Posted
11 hours ago, VLC86 said:

Some few days though that. MCR were brilliant when I saw them on the Friday, fully reminded me why they’ve been my favourite band for the last 20 odd years.

I had a great time at both, just in my mid to late 50’s and doing two in 48 hours is a killer.

 

Posted
On 10/07/2026 at 10:36, Wakeyfox said:

Just managed to get 2 tickets for The Streets at Kirkstall Abbey in Leeds for just under face value on Ticketswap!

Wow, best I've ever seen them live.

Crowd were well up for it as well, Mike actually cried in never went to church as well.

Wicked night

  • Like 1
Posted

Doing something a bit different and I’m off to see Luke Combs at Wembley on Saturday.

 

i know a few of his bigger hits and I’ve listened to a bit in the car lately. All pretty easy to listen too. 

Posted
On 27/07/2026 at 22:35, Wakeyfox said:

Got tickets to see Mike D in Manchester in October. Massively regret never seeing the Beastie Boys back in the day.

Agree - one of my regrets as well. 
 

Off to Nick Cave and also Flaming Lips tomorrow in Brighton 

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
On 23/07/2026 at 09:23, Livid said:

I had a great time at both, just in my mid to late 50’s and doing two in 48 hours is a killer.

 

Went on the Wednesday to MCR at Wembley. Mind blown, absolutely superb - played some older stuff which was brilliant and the Morrissey cover "Jack the Ripper" was awesome. Then Maccabees at Bristol with Cribs supporting - again brilliant. 

 

A Certain Ratio in Bristol coming up in October, then Suede/Manics at Cardiff in November. 

Edited by Costello
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
17 hours ago, slymunn said:

Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against and The Get Up Kids tonight in Halifax. 

Love Jimmy Eat world. Wanted to see them in London tomorrow but going to see Kevin Bridges in Sheffield tonight and I can't be arsed to do both lol

  • Haha 1
Posted

Saw Jimmy Eat World in Cardiff last night, sound was terrible, just a load of bass, could barely hear the guitars, worst gig I've ever been to which is a shame because they are my favourite band and I've seen them over 10 times.

  • Sad 1
Posted

Daughter went to see Weekend at the weekend at Wembley.

 

Said it was out of this world.

 

Posted (edited)
On 16/08/2026 at 12:44, Andy11111 said:

Saw Jimmy Eat World in Cardiff last night, sound was terrible, just a load of bass, could barely hear the guitars, worst gig I've ever been to which is a shame because they are my favourite band and I've seen them over 10 times.

 

Hahaha this funny because we loved it. Thought Rise Against and Jimmy were both absolutely incredible, really good sets, tight performance, loads of energy. I especially loved the transition from the "little" Clarity stage in to Bleed American. Absolute theatre. 

 

And what a setting. 

 

BUT - can I ask where you were stood and did you by any chance pay attention to the audio if/when you went for a piss or a beer? 

 

Because RE: the sound, what we noticed was that it wasn't the mix it was the weird festival style set up in the castle. Particularly close to the stage, especially to the immediate left and right of centre, you got absolutely loads of bass and no treble so everything was the bass guitar and bass drum. 

 

We were stood near the back for Get Up Kids and they sounded fine, we moved forward for Rise Against and I thought they'd just ****ed up their sound. Didn't surprise me at first cos I saw them at Download last year and Tim struggled there. 

 

But then I went to the beer tent and for a slash and the penny dropped. Everything sounded ****ing amazing from the back. The mix itself was fine just the speaker layout and the physics / acoustics of the place. 

 

Sorry you didn't love it man cos it was a cracking gig over all if you happened to be stood in the right spot. 

 

Was my fifth or sixth Jimmy gig and my fourth Rise Against and it was probably my favorite for both. 

 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

We were near the front just to the right. You don't really that would be a problem when going to a gig, never happened before. Saw them play Clarity and Bleed American in full in London at the forum which I think was the 10th anniversary of Bleed American. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Went to see Don McLean on Friday just gone in Tulsa. Aside from one song I knew nothing, and judging by fans reactions throughout, he should call it a day! 

  • Haha 1
Posted

Anyone trying or get Fontaine's tickets?

 

Just grabbed some for Birmingham. Will be interesting now they've moved into Arena's and sounds like they're continuing in the direction of Romance. 

Posted
On 30/08/2026 at 11:09, Andy11111 said:

We were near the front just to the right. You don't really that would be a problem when going to a gig, never happened before. Saw them play Clarity and Bleed American in full in London at the forum which I think was the 10th anniversary of Bleed American. 

Went to the MK bowl to see Green Day back in 20 something and Jimmy Eat World were the best band on the line up for me!

Posted
15 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Went to a Portuguese band called Maquina at the international. Bloody good stuff in a bloody good venue. The sound system is really good to. 

 

 

 

Is the stage quite shallow there?

Posted
On 04/09/2026 at 09:23, SemperEadem said:

Is the stage quite shallow there?

If you mean quite low from a viewing perspective then yes. The stage is big and deep from a band perspective. It's really good in there and the sound is a way better than most venues. I'm starting to rate the international as probably our best venue left now.

  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...