Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Gonna attempt the mega weekend

Courteeners - Heaton Park 9th June

Arctic Monkeys - Hillsborough Park 10th June

Hotel prices in the centres are insane so had to go a little further afield. Hotels booked, just need to get tickets now. Confident I'll pick some up on twickets if I don't manage to get the AM tickets on Friday.

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Has anybody seen Ian Brown’s gig lollollol 

I'm going to see him in Nottingham. He's never been a top tier singer but his swagger and all that in front of his epic band has always been what makes the whole experience great. I don't know what the hell he was thinking, the roses are top, top, tier players but even his solo band, inder goldfinger and the like, were top performers. Shuffling around on stage by himself is just brain dead. I've paid for it now though so I'll go, as a huge fan it's terribly disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

What an absolute mess. Mind you, you'd have to be daft to pay in the first place given how off the rails Covid's sent him.

This is something I've never agreed with. His very first and imo very best solo song, my star, from 1998, is about space exploration being a front for the military wanting to get nukes in to space, love bug is an anti vaxx (and actually very good) song from over 10 years ago, dolphins were monkeys, another absolutely mental song, lyrically, but which is fantastic, a lot of his songs are well out there, he's always been mental. But playing with no band is a mentalness possibly one step beyond. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

£85 tickets?

£72.50 for Manchester. Seems like the prices vary depending on venue. Bit of a shit show, heard stories of some folk buying on presale who could only buy restricted view for Ashton Gate. No idea how much they wanted for them. 

35 minutes ago, Manini said:

Arctic Monkeys tickets was a battle this morning. Refreshed the page for 30 minutes and finally got let in. Amazed there were still pre sale tickets left. Going to be a right scrum tomorrow morning for the general sale. 

Same here, my code kept saying invalid as well. Managed to get some in the end for Hillsborough

1 hour ago, Manini said:

You just keep whacking it in until it accepted it? Sounds like no end didn’t get sent a code. You’d be seething. 

Yeah pretty much mate was losing my head with it lol I know plenty of people who thought they didn’t have a code but was sitting in their spam folder, imagine missing out due to that. 

23 hours ago, Manini said:

£72.50 for Manchester. Seems like the prices vary depending on venue. Bit of a shit show, heard stories of some folk buying on presale who could only buy restricted view for Ashton Gate. No idea how much they wanted for them. 

Mate sorted me for Manchester too. Looking forward to going on the pitch at Old Trafford.

23 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

£85 tickets?

Including fees etc.