Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Feels like Leicester has fallen off the map for gigs now. Every semi-well known artist just goes to O2 in Birmingham these days.

I saw DMAs, Miles Kane and the Vaccines at the Leicester O2 all around 2019/20.

Their schedule is looking a bit shit. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Really enjoyed Hella Mega tour. All bands were brilliant, green day really put on a good show. 

They're incredible. Probably the best band I've ever seen live. 

The Milton Keynes 2005 "Bullet In A Bible" concert was a remarkable show to be at.

• Like 2

I know everyone has different taste in music and I may get roundly beaten down by asking why don’t any decent artists play De Montfort Hall? 
I’ve just looked at the website and who is performing over the next 7-8 months  and it’s mainly comedy acts or a few older musicians.

I love going to gigs and am thankful that we have Nottingham just up the road but I’d love to see more relevant artistes play in my home town, after all the halls capacity is stated as 7000!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I know everyone has different taste in music and I may get roundly beaten down by asking why don’t any decent artists play De Montfort Hall? 
I’ve just looked at the website and who is performing over the next 7-8 months  and it’s mainly comedy acts or a few older musicians.

I love going to gigs and am thankful that we have Nottingham just up the road but I’d love to see more relevant artistes play in my home town, after all the halls capacity is stated as 7000!

Yeah its a shame, seen some really good gigs in there.

On 29/06/2022 at 09:19, RonnieTodger said:

Feels like Leicester has fallen off the map for gigs now. Every semi-well known artist just goes to O2 in Birmingham these days.

I saw DMAs, Miles Kane and the Vaccines at the Leicester O2 all around 2019/20.

Their schedule is looking a bit shit. 

Which is why this indoor arena king power are building is a stroke of genius! 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 19:34, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

There was a time when Motorhead played there every November and I went down for those shows. Those days are long gone (and unfortunately so is Lemmy of course...).

DMH is a decent venue, has a bit of class to it but still a good gig venue.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2022 at 11:53, KrefelderFox666 said:

There was a time when Motorhead played there every November and I went down for those shows. Those days are long gone (and unfortunately so is Lemmy of course...).

DMH is a decent venue, has a bit of class to it but still a good gig venue.

It was superb - always a big draw for happening bands and it seemed every week there was a major gig or tour arriving on your doorstep. Renowned for its acoustics too. 

• Like 1